It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ARTICLE: UFOs spotted over Tom Ugly's Bridge Marina, Sydney, Aus (with Picture)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
An interesting sighting, and is about a 15 minute drive from my place! They wouldn't be flying lanterns as these were stationary and blinked before disappearing.

Is it a UFO? Flying objects spotted over Tom Ugly's Marina

May 30, 2012 6:31PM

SYDNEY'S reputation for being a great place to visit has clearly spread to the stars, with four unidentified flying objects spotted hovering over the city's suburbs on Monday afternoon. A photograph capturing the four UFO's - which witnesses said hovered in the same spot for more than 10 minutes before simply disappearing - was snapped from Tom Ugly's Bridge Marina just before 5pm. Photographer Ivan Mikkelsen, from nearby Sylvania Waters, said he first noticed the objects through a window on his boat before stepping outside to confirm the unusual objects weren't simply a reflection or a trick of the light. "We just looked up and they were there. They were just sort of hovering there,'' Mr Mikkelsen said. "They were quite high in the air, which is why I thought they might be aeroplanes at first, but they weren't, they didn't move.'' He said about five people at the marina paused to watch the stationary objects as they glowed over the city's west before they simply disappeared as quickly as they came. "They just blinked and disappeared, whooshka, they were gone,'' Mr Mikkelsen said. "I'm a bit sceptical, but it wasn't a reflection, it wasn't laser beams, it wasn't anything else.'' A spokesman for Airservices Australia, which managed aviation traffic, said they had not had any reports of unusual objects on Monday afternoon. "We have had no reports of any unidentified flying object activity over the greater Sydney area on Monday evening,'' he said. "However, at just before 5pm on Monday, there were a number of commercial aircraft operating.''

edit on 30-5-2012 by cybersk8er because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cybersk8er

Sorry mate, but I don't buy it.
The photo in the link has clearly been taken from behind a window, and the lights look far too much like an internal reflection coming from inside the room.
Are there any other photos?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinoi

The photo in the link has clearly been taken from behind a window, and the lights look far too much like an internal reflection coming from inside the room.

No I don't know if there's any other pictures, but I'll try contact him.. and you're saying the guy is lying as well as the 5 other witnesses. Cmon.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I agree with the above poster that it's pretty obvious the pic is taken through a window.

That could be all sorts of different possibilities of things inside the RV (?) reflecting.

By the way, do all things in Oz have to have such odd names? (just kidding)
Tom Ugly?

edit on 5/30/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Lol, not as weird as USA, "Massachusetts"

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The problem with UFO footage today, whether it be photo or video is that these things are so easily tampered with these days. As a person who frequents photoshop, it's very easy to manipulate a picture into looking like a UFO. Video is not as easy, but still definitely plausible. I also use adobe after effects, and if you can afford good enough equipment, you can easily manipulate video as well. That's why I usually don't buy into UFO pictures or footage.

Now the funny thing about this picture is it is definitely photoshop. If you look close enough around the little dots, there's a square box around it. These are the pixels not lining up with the original's. You have to look really close to see it, and maybe turn up the brightness on your monitor. At least that's my perception.

But good post!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybersk8er

Originally posted by Noinoi

No I don't know if there's any other pictures, but I'll try contact him.. and you're saying the guy is lying as well as the 5 other witnesses. Cmon.

I dunno, it's easy to get large groups of people to lie...heck, look at all the politicians!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I believe it, if anyone in sydney *bothered* to look up at that time they would have seen it too, im a ways out of sydney going south and i saw it briefly in a break in the clouds and thought "that's a bid odd" but with all the conditioning this site has forced apon me i simply said "meh.. it'll be something or other"
(true that)

I only saw 2, the top 2. maybe i glimpsed it just before the other's took off, been VERY cloudy here the past few months and not alot to see but a big grey mass.. funny that

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

First impressions are of internal lights of some sort reflecting on the window....??

Yet a closer look, and it appears that the "lights" are in focus and at a distance in the background when compared to obvious debris on the window and nearby vessels.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Re: complaints about photo being taken through the window of the boat... in the article linked to by the OP it says the photographer went outside to check that it wasn't a window reflection.

Pays to read before typing I think.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

That's what i thought too. I'm going to try and contact for more photos.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
I agree with the above poster that it's pretty obvious the pic is taken through a window.

That could be all sorts of different possibilities of things inside the RV (?) reflecting.

By the way, do all things in Oz have to have such odd names? (just kidding)
Tom Ugly?

edit on 5/30/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Here's some more - just for laughs....
Funny and unusual place names in Australia

Even "Tom Ugly" gets a mention here....
ninemsm.com

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xarian6
but with all the conditioning this site has forced apon me i simply said "meh.. it'll be something or other"
(true that)

This statement is sad, really really sad

But at least you can see in yourself what needs to be changed.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
yeah i know right

I actually fobbed it of as the ISS and D-X up there doing there dance and the sun being at the right angle for some reflective love, i only saw it for about 10 seconds though but i was walking home on my normal routine and something caught my eye so i looked up.

Camera's, Pics.. whatever.. i know are useless, so once again i thought of taking a picy.. but of what.. 2 lights in the sky.. yeah, that gets you far don't it
by the time i would have turned off my music and enabled the cam on my phone it would have been grey clouds again anyways.

In the part/sector of the sky i was seeing there's normally.. well.. nothing that time of day just sunset hue if they were planes they were REALLY high up, im on the southern mountain range and i can clearly make out anything that's coming or going to Sydney (as were alot closer and the sky is "cleaner" here) even if it's still way up and almost a dot itself you can still make out where it's going and wings/nav lights .. this was just plain lights in the sky that weren't quite stars.

If you want to track where i was standing look up "Couridjah Station" in googlemaps or whatever and follow the actual rail track about 100m south (one train a week.. and its a tourist ride.. so the tracks are a nice shortcut) it was roughly SE and i was facing/walking South (left eye noticed looked up and left'ish)

as i said.. about 10 seconds, not alot of time.. but enough to think "that's weird" and take note

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Chamberf=6

Lol, not as weird as USA, "Massachusetts"

It absolutely can't be UFO's or else the major religions of the world would be out of business overnight - hence the usual explanations will be trotted out by those tasked with that mission.

The simplest explanation is the easiest, no noise consistent with helicopters was reported, the only objects known to us to have the ability to hover for such a length of time - it was UFO's.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Re: complaints about photo being taken through the window of the boat... in the article linked to by the OP it says the photographer went outside to check that it wasn't a window reflection.

Pays to read before typing I think.

Don't say this, you're taking away the debunkers favorite debunking standby - artifacts, lens flares, reflections - without this they will really have to step up their game and work harder.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

There's no saying that the witness is telling the truth...

If it's not taken behind glass, then what is that directly above the lights?

I see what looks like dirt on the window as well as that long lighter coloured object that just screams reflection to me.

How do you explain those things?

edit on 30/5/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

cloud?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
There are more and more strange objects being seen in the skies above Melbourne and Sydney recently! These look like things I've seen hovering far above a major Melbourne city landmark a few times when I've been going home late at night (shall we say VERY early morning?). A little creepy! But if they were to land and ask me for directions on how to get to the nearest McDonalds I'd be all too happy to help.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Chadwickus

cloud?

A rectangular cloud?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join