It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Infection Spreading!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Pasty faced kids. Fat kids. Obese kids. Bitchy kids. Anti social kids. Criminally insane kids. They have always been there.. but now their numbers are rising and those that fall prey to this infection may never recover.

Highly evolved, these kids are more than happy enough to pump their bodies full of crap, stab their best mates in the back and then spend as much time as possible in an alternative digital reality, further displacing them from the truth and beauty in life.

These consumer zombies need gamesssss... GAMESSSSS. Hungry for anything artificial they can get rammed down their throats.

Even music..... there are next to no bands in the music charts anymore. Its all electronic, all digital. No musical instruments. Kids don't want to be rockstars any more they want to be celebrities celebrated for all the wrong reasons.. celebrated for being fake.

These zombies are growing up and spreading the infection by teaching their kids to be artificial like themselves. Obese like themselves. Anti social like themselves..

At what point do we humans stray so far from humanity that we lose all sense of humankind and 'evolve' entirely into a pack of dumbed down 'prozor', 'hax0r' and 'trololol' twats?

Its happening FAST. I'm only 20 years old and the speed at which technology has advanced in my lifetime is incredible. Couple that with the rate of social decline and global degradation and it paints a worrying picture.

My girlfriend is pregnant which has made us very happy!

Its going to be very difficult protecting my child from getting bitten by the masses and turning into a 'zombie' whilst still allowing him/her to have their own fulfilling childhood but I'll try!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I agree,

Well said..........

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
They want the artificial reality because REALITY is so bl**dy awful.

Who can blame them!!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
'Zombie attacks' will likely increase as the rate of humanity decreases.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

We have very similar views on this its like as if I'm reading something I wrote

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
They want the artificial reality because REALITY is so bl**dy awful.

Who can blame them!!!

That is a more than fair point! They have been born into the mess but if you sift through the crap there is plenty of bonafide beauty all around.

They just haven't developed the right eye for it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You need to let people know exactly what your definition of kid is, as far as i am concerned you are still a kid, and every single problem that you mentioned are reflections of how well the parents have raised them or haven't due to them not being ready for kids because they might be too young/immature/stupid or any other excuse anyone can muster.

As far as your problems with the digital age that is the path we are going towards, if classical instruments are as good as you think then they will simply shine even when covered in the crap of all this digitization of music.

Kids need to escape into video games because they see the reality that has been built for them and they can see that is bull#, and they simply try to escape from it as well as any sane person should.

Please don't make it seem as if your child would one day simply turn into that, it does not work like that, it is all on you and your family shoulders to make sure he/she does not go that route. You are making huge generalizations and i simply give you this feedback in hopes that you can see it in a different light, congratulations on your soon to be baby and good luck.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
any form of entertainment takes youaway from the grace that surrounds you. man only need entertainment to hide his madness. that includes us trolling on ats all day.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Haha, I fight zombies everynight

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
20 years old, girlfriend pregnant. Good luck I wish you well, however the lyrics from a particular song are coming to mind, something about intelligence and breeding........

A mirror would be a good thing because I include 20 year olds with pregnant girlfriends in the same catagory as the very people you are bomb blasting.

But fair is fair it was placed in rants lol. Seriously good luck with the child. I am so glad I decided not to breed 30+ years ago. Hopefully you won't be feeling the same way. It is a crowded nasty planet as of late.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

Thanks for your advice and input although you have to bare in mind the effect a social and technological environment will have on a young mind. Its massive.

I agree that a lot of it will be down to me and my girlfriend but there is also a lot which we won't have any control over. Not that I'd want to sugar coat everything and smother my child in cotton wool anyway

I guess I am still a kid but I have experienced a lot even compared to a lot of adults I know. Hopefully I can gift my child with some decent wisdom!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
don't get me wrong, i agree completely on you about the state of things right now in civilization, I just wanted to say about the reasons why i think they are that way, like you i am in my twenties and like you i have seen more than my fair share i believe our generation has seen more than it needed , thanks to the boom and rise of information with computers and internet. The great thing is you already know what you don't want your child to be so you already have a great head start on knowing what to keep them away from. but don't isolate them or they will yearn for what they cant have, you have to make your child understand why it is it should not do certain things not simply forbid them too. I know by the time you might have to use this knowledge it will have already be gone but hopefully you already know this and will use it when the time comes.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Wisdom is a product of the accumulation of varied experiences. At 20 years old wisdom is a fair way off. It is even further is you have a career...... To many days walking in and out of the same building will destroy any ability to become wise. Being smart is easy, being wise? That's a bit tougher.

Take care and good luck!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
20 years old, girlfriend pregnant. Good luck I wish you well, however the lyrics from a particular song are coming to mind, something about intelligence and breeding........

A mirror would be a good thing because I include 20 year olds with pregnant girlfriends in the same catagory as the very people you are bomb blasting.

But fair is fair it was placed in rants lol. Seriously good luck with the child. I am so glad I decided not to breed 30+ years ago. Hopefully you won't be feeling the same way. It is a crowded nasty planet as of late.

I know quite a few people who had kids in their teens and I wouldn't put them in 'that boat'. It might of come off like I was slating all young people, I wasn't at all. For an infection to even be in existence there must be 'healthy people'

And to answer a previous poster I 'grade a kid' based on their intellect, mentality and morals. Not age.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

Wisdom is a product of the accumulation of varied experiences. At 20 years old wisdom is a fair way off. It is even further is you have a career...... To many days walking in and out of the same building will destroy any ability to become wise. Being smart is easy, being wise? That's a bit tougher.

Take care and good luck!

You can experience a lot in 20 years after an extraordinary amount of social and intellectual problems, dealings and situations.

I can't wait for the challenge of parenting as I've discovered first hand the best way to learn is to teach. I'm really very excited! And also anxious

Thanks for your comments!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
They even have their own communication devices.

They're called "Cell-Phones" or "I-Phones" or something like that.

Strange breed of Zombies we have.

Peace

edit on 30-5-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
reply to post by CesarO

Thanks for your advice and input although you have to bare in mind the effect a social and technological environment will have on a young mind. Its massive.

I agree that a lot of it will be down to me and my girlfriend but there is also a lot which we won't have any control over. Not that I'd want to sugar coat everything and smother my child in cotton wool anyway

I guess I am still a kid but I have experienced a lot even compared to a lot of adults I know. Hopefully I can gift my child with some decent wisdom!

When I was twenty a "Kid" was probably someone twelve in my mind. If one is closing in on sixty a kid can be early thirties, it's all perception based on the years one has under one's belt. You're old enough to fight for your country, drink at the local pub, and raise a child so I think we can park the "Kid" bit somewhere quiet where the worms can get at it
I really like your zombie rant, it totally works for me as I'd never looked at it from that perspective
I wouldn't want to be raising a child in the soulless world I perceive around me but I'd be willing to bet my Mother had the same misgivings in 55 when I drew my first breath. "Good Luck" somehow doesn't cut it as something I'd want for you as much as purpose drive and clarity going forward...And keep looking at the world with the critical eye you seem to have developed.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Its going to be very difficult protecting my child from getting bitten by the masses and turning into a 'zombie' whilst still allowing him/her to have their own fulfilling childhood but I'll try!

Have a look into Rudolf Steiner schooling. And if you indeed want your kid to remain recognisably human, do not let them watch TV at all, not even movies. Computers are also damaging for children.

If you're serious about wanting your kid to grow into an adult who regards their world carefully and thoughtfully, keep away from the media.

And spend less time looking at screens, big and small. Everyone is so captivated by the astonishing technology that's on offer now. Smartphones are useful devices that can perform a number of functions... but they're also the topic of a percentage of all conversations and people are busily showing each other their smartphones in an almost amazed state. Why all the attention there when we've got some serious issues we need to look into? Why does a person place so much interest in a tool which is working fine when there are massive global financial shifts going on and everyone’s futures are so uncertain? Shouldn't people be discussing the banking world, the political landscape, the issues that need attending to in their local communities? Or are those things just not interesting compared to the iPhone 4 with Siri sending a txt message for you?

Smartphones.... And what about those LCD TVs, such an amazing picture quality, especially now with it all coming in as digital....

You want your kid to grow up seeing what the situation is around them? You want them to see whatever it is that's coming like a freight train and to be able adapt and adjust? You want them to have relationships with people, relationships which actually have real sustaining value?

Don't let useful tools captivate your or their attention.... for starters.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Oh please, can we quit the alarmism? Yes there's an overwhelming amount of crap on TV (especially American TV but whatever) but there's also a lot that's informative and genuinely entertaining if you know where and when to look for it. Most popular music today is bunch of autotuned, hypnotizing crap but that's mostly down to the way the Illuminati use mega-labels to exalt mediocrity. But on the other hand, due to the sheer amount of new, talented musicians and new ideas and genres.. there's more great # coming out than before! As for video games, yeah a lot of them are pointlessly violent cash-ins, but do you realize how much creativity and ingenuity goes into creating a really good one? And it's interactive and you're trying to achieve something, often using motor skills and reflexes and logic etc

Passive entertainment will always be just that and has been since the early days of the theatre/Colosseum etc. Just cause too many people nowadays seem to spend too much time on it, doesn't mean we're all turning into zombies. I'd say it's more down to exponential increase in sheer quantity, type and quality (in certain places) of passive entertainment and people just haven't learnt yet how to balance their lives between doing something and sitting around stoned letting Hollywood mesmerise you with it's multi-million dollar CGI (all the while remaining vigilant for brainwashing anti-liberty messages of course). Doesn't mean we can't re-balance ourselves and it doesn't mean that someone who enjoys a lot of passive entertainment is a zombie. Maybe that person also excels at his other interests and hobbies, maybe certain types of passive entertainment are conducive to that persons activities.

It's all subjective anyway, just focus on what's good for you and don't be so bothered by what others find entertaining. If something is crap or a fad it'll die out eventually and we can move on, until then you can just ignore it and be happy that someone else found value in it.
edit on 31-5-2012 by MagnaCarta19 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join