It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got touched by a shadow person...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, well actually, it's my first time posting. However, I often browse this board because topics such as aliens and ghosts and other paranormal stuff, I have an interest in them for some reason. This is an actual event that happened to me when I was only around 4-7 years of age, somewhere around there.

I actually remember it clearly, it was in the middle of the night. My parents and I used to sleep in the same bed as I was a little kid. It was in the middle of the night, I woke up because I felt my mom wake up to go use the bathroom, I remmeber seeing her turn on the bathroom lights and go in and close the door. So I go back to lay my head on the pillow, at this point, my Dad was sound asleep. So as I go to lay my head on the pillow, I feel something tap me right on my back, as I was sleeping face down. So I turn around, and I can clearly see a shadow figure, it was all black. It didn't have any features or anything, it was just a shadow, and it was moving around a bit as if it were laughing, although I didn't hear anything. You might be asking yourself, "well, if it was in the middle of the night, how would you be able to see a shadow in complete darkness?" Well, it's simple, there was a window to my left, and there was light coming outside from the street. So as I turned around to see who tapped me on my back, I saw the figure right in front of the window. As soon as I saw it, I was completely scared, and being a little kid, I turned away to see if it goes away. Then I look back, and it was gone. I know I wasn't dreaming, then I wake up my Dad and tell him about it, and being a little kid, my father probably thought it was a nightmare or something, and he goes back to sleep (lol). Then I see my mom come back in the room, and goes back to sleep.

You know, I don't want to exaggerate and think something out of the ordinary. Because honestly, I rather make sense out of a situation like this by looking at it from a scientific or reasonable aspect, rather than jump to conclusions. However, I cannot think of anything else, and I wasn't dreaming. Any ideas on what it could have been... maybe it WAS a shadow person. Who knows...

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
After seeing various pics of these shadow people, some other smokey varieties are the scariest to me, I can tell you if it was I'd be scared poopless!

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
you know, im honestly suprised out of 64 views, no replies?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
All I can say is the hair definitely stood up on the back of neck after reading your story. Was it a dream - was it real? Truth is it doesn't matter because it had a real impact on you.

The one thing I do feel is that it obviously wasn't malevolent. My impression is that "something" wanted a playmate and had an opportunity because your dad was asleep and your mom out of the room. There is almost something comforting about your experience - guardian angel perhaps?

Anyway, just my impressions.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Its not something easy to reply to. I've had plenty of weird occurences when I was younger that arent hard to pass off as imagination. Im not saying you imagined it, though. I think we dont fully understand how the brain works or why things like these happen. Im not saying its all in your head, it very may well have been "something". Im just trying to be practical. Also its not easy to accurately remember memories from childhood, memories are usually full of error, not matter how real they seem. Im not implying too much here, I think this really happenend to you, I cant honestly begin to tell you what it is though.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
you know, I tried to see if there were any other reasonable explanations to this, however I haven't came across any. However, this event did have an impact on me such as Bleys stated, because after the event occured, I don't sleep on my belly anymore, because I was frightened. But now, I sleep normally because I got over it.

And like I stated above, this wasn't a dream, I know when I'm dreaming or not. Thanks for your input guys, I would like to hear more, because I didn't know it was possible that shadow people can touch you, that's if it was one of them.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I had i similar experience when i was about 12 and when you mention not being able to sleep on your belly, i could not sleep on my left side with my back to any door for many years.There seems to be alot of people on ATS that have had a situation like this in their life at one time or another.And one other similarity is the calling of ones name (in my case it was a very gravely thick voice) this event happened to not only myself but my sister as well. very scary but one underlying feature no one seems to talk about ,is the fact that you can feel these things intentions, and how they seem to feed like a drug on the panic and helplesness that they inflict upon the person. I feel sorry for any person who has gone through this terror and i do not believe this is a hypnogogic state, or night terror. I was fully awake when this happened to me.
Parker

[edit on 2-10-2004 by parker]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Nice post parker, and you're completely right about people not mentioning that they can feel these things intentions. You know, it was awhile back, but I think the intention of this thing was to scare me, because like I said, when I turned to look at it, I could sense that it was laughing, despite me not seeing it laugh or hear it laugh. Like you said, you were fully awake, just as was I. Thank you for your response.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
A few years ago the same happened to me when I was trying to get to sleep I had been in bed for about 5 minutes I was lieing on my side then I felt a tap on my shoulder but I didn't turn around. I felt another tap still didn't then nothing I turned around 10 minutes later and saw nothing but it freaked me out thats when I was going through my scared stage like 'will I see a ghost' 'I don't want to see one' or 'I don't want to be abducted by aliens' that kinda of stuff (I was younger) I dismissed it as imagination or something.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well guys hope u dont mind me throwing my hat into the ring, here, and especially as its not a competition, but as a child i used to suffer badly from shadow people. - It took me 25 years to over come the fear of the dark or being alone in a house especially at night time, sounds crazy, but true.

For me, It started when I was 4, i used to sleep in my mums bed, as my dad was always working away, very similar, first time, I was alone and there he was, what was funny (STILL SENDS A SHIVER DOWN my SPINE writing THIS) was that he was attracted to my mums Jewlery box, and when i saw this and him, I froze. From that day on things got worse and i mean really worse.

What I can tell u is that there are probably variations of shadow people, some on different levels, the one who used to bug me the most always hid up stairs in the loft, I dont really know which was worse his ANGER - or his feeling of EVIL, and his laughter, Lots of visuals I remember, but these were always with a feeling of emotion, bad negative type, they would laugh at you, I think I can safely say, that not only do they prey on young kids, but also they are some form of attatchment to you as a child.

Other things, such as being helpless against them, and my dreams were not really child like dreams they really were terrible moments in time. I always hated going to be at night, I always knew when they wanted me, I say wanted me, because in this scenario u are really at their beck and call, especially at night when you are sleeping, but i always knew when something would happen, because i would start to shake and tremble, but knew i was sleeping and then the feeling of OHHHHHHH - not again, and Off we would go, I would travel, fast and above myself drawn to the power above me like a magnet, and with no control.

My mum would always find me sleep walking in the early hours, around the house - sometimes even praying infront of a lamp shade in the living room.

And did they dart from corner to corner, yes, they did, but the reason why it was diffferent for me was becuase these shadows, led me to their big boss, the demon in the LOFT, so I guess you could say that they are big time prowlers, similar to the scene in GHOST as the demons take the bad guy away.

FINAL FINAL as a teenager - they still followed me, even when we moved house, but as you become older you become stronger - I remember one time when i was twenty eight, and it started again - but this time I could fight - and boy did I fight them, not physically but on a power level of strength and energy, after this final time, it stopped.

I remember also that energy has a lot to do with this and as a child things would stop working, like kettles, and light bulbs would blow, radios out off frequency, the other thing i remember was one time at night time being alone, and being scared i was sitting on the stairs, really scared, and guess what - the letterbox opened and slammed shut infront of me.
I went to bed, later on, and that night - they danced from out of the shadows, and they do live in the shadows, but with the light shining through the window u can see them, and finally it was also the corners of the room, where mine would wait.

Scary Sure as Hell, but remember they can do no harm, thats what you have to realise, but of course as child how do you know this??

So if you do have any problems with shadow people, just remember all they can do is play with you, thats all they really want - its a game for them, and one which in the long run makes you a better and more determined person - so my advice is NEVER GIVE IN TO THEM, just realise that they are stuck in a negative void - all off their own making.

Hope this helps
Dno

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Thanks for your post Dno. What I'm about to say is kind of off topic but also within topic. Sometimes I feel as if it's my imagination, because how could these "shadow people" exist? You know, it baffles me because this is not something I know about, I only know what is visible to the human eye, but it is possible for other entities to exist, however sometimes i don't believe it. Don't you think that if these "shadow people" really existed, reknowned scientists or other experts would have known about it? Why is it that these other entities seem to have evil purposes? There's alot of questions that have yet to be answered, however, there is really no way of finding out, at least not that I know of. Maybe some of you out there know or got in contact with one? I don't know.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I don't know if I've seen shadow people or glimpses or something out of the corner of my eye. I keep thinking I'm seeing something though. I don't perceive anything negative around me either. For that matter I once had the "wind" blow the door open for me years ago in a dorm building once upon entering, then upon leaving, then when I arrived at another building. It was like a doorman ghost was waiting for me and then closing the door behind me after I walked through. Well that only happened once in my life so maybe it was coincidence. Blown light bulbs are still happening even now though. I almost feel like I'm sleeping with a spirit of a female ghost who aims to please me. That's not such a bad feeling even though it is strange.

Has anyone ever tried to communicate with possible ghosts? I read somewhere that a tape recorder with a microphone attached may pick up voices if you ask questions to the ghosts. I haven't tried it though. I haven't heard of ghosts following someone throughout their life either.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
ive encounterd somthing similar.when i was about 17 i woke up one night with a fear that was super intense the room seemed "busy" and i was confused and just gripped by fear.I didnt see outlines of people persay but there were "heavy" spots of darkness all around terrified i called out for GOD and they vanished like that leaving my room really still so either it was some sort of panic attack mixed with a kind of half awake dream or something was harrasing me cant say for sure but it was real enough to cause a "fearless"17 year old skater kid to hide under his blankets for about a month

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
One last thought on this subject, I think people who have had these encounters at an early age are most likely psychic, or have abilitys in this area.These shadow figures are probably attracted to people who are tunned to a different frequency right from birth.If they tried to manifest themselves to people who do not have these inheirant abilitys the people would simply not be able to see or feel them.I also think its not a coincidence that alot of people on this board have had these encounters, as it would only be people with ability or interest in these areas that would see them.
Parker

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Parker, I don't know if that's true or not. Because honestly, I don't have any psychic abilities, I'm not sure if I do. I used to dream about things that would happen in the future, although they were rather insignificant.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

You know shadow people seem to be a kind of myth, do they exist or not, are they ghosts or what, But an interesting point here is the ability of being Physic, something which came into my life shortly after my last experience with them, again this was a moment and is something which If i even tried to explain, people would say unbelievable, similar to the belief of shadow people, but this spiritual experience was a very positive one.

Have to say, that so far we all really seem to be on the same page, and can agree that shadow people are not ghosts, they cant be, OR CAN THEY BE. The reason why I say this, is that if you expereince shadow people they make u think, thats for sure, its not like saying OH guess what i saw a ghost, or guess what i saw a shadow person These beings, dig deep into you, emotionally, in away they try and take your energy, and they laugh at you because they know that they have the upper hand > These are not irrational thoughts, these are memories of a child growing up.

Some people can say, Oh but you were only dreaming, and but your only a child, but remember, and I always got the feeling that shadow people knew this, in away they are the untouchables of this world, as a child I could remember my dreams and did indeed dream like we all do, but the experiences of shadow people were so real, if not freaky, the funny thing was though I never talked about them, because I believed that nobody would believe me anyway.

I read some where, that they are a spill over from a previous life, If they are than so be it, but I dont by that, because if you are born into a new life, than how would they know, and how would they be able to follow you, again its the feeling you have, because of the feeling they give you. If I can explain this, in a simple way, Remember the fear of going to the dentist as a child, well I didnt have that fear, always remember the pain and even before going to the dentist I would know that he would be drilling my teeth and it would be lots of pain, but having experienced the shadow people, the dentist was nothing but a breeze. So in a way I managed to take something bad and turn it into something good - again on an emotional level.

One final thing, to anyone or if you know anyone who has problems in the shadow people area, you have to be carefull, and I will tell you for why, because its down to strength of character, of the individual, and for some strange reason, my character has always been strong, but if it wasn't then I think they could of really got to me Big time and yes they did try.

You know either way no one can prove any of this, thats how good shadow people are, and its strange but thinking back and the way they played their games, they were smart, intelligent, and powerfull, but their energy was definately on the negative side, but one day things will be realised, like all good things, its only a matter of time, before the answers are found, so if i could offer any final advice, its similar to playing the game, with them, they are not afraid of anything, you could think of saying prayers and things like that, thats what i used to do, but they still came for me, and got me.

In away this has been a good find for me to post and say this, guess its what ATS is all about, its a release of thoughts gone by, and a sharing of past memories, so If i can say one final thing and you do happen to expereince this, dont acknowledge them, especially in your mind and dont even register that you've seen them, think of it as a trick of the light, because if you have not seen them and you dont register their presence than how can they exist. and if for you they dont exist then they cant harm you, the reason I say this is that I acknowledged them, in away got used to them scared or not, and it would be like Ohhh,, not you again, so if you can i guess leave it at that, and remember sometimes its better to move on especially as the moment has past, and on this one it most definately has.

Adios amigos
Dno

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is my first time I've posted but I'm going to say what I have to say the best I can. So here it goes!

I've had a few similar experiences. When I was younger, like 6 or 7, I had my own room. A few times I would wake up, or just look up while trying to go to sleep and see some dark clouds on my ceiling. I never really though anything about it and went to sleep. Reading about these "shadow people" got me thinking of them.

Okay another time was in my bed I was sleeping on my right side and woke up and seen my door open, which is strange because I've always slept with it closed because the light we kept on so we could see to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night kept me awake. Anyways when I woke up I rolled over onto my left side and seen someone laying next to me. I thought it was my dad for some reason and went back to sleep. And the next day found out he never was in there. And when I think about that night it was just a black figure.

And when I was really young and started sleeping in my own room I would be scared of the dark and go and sleep with my parents. A few times I went in there I remember seeing white figures dancing and sitting on railing and stuff. They were kind of foggy and looked like they were from the Renisance(spelling?) era. Well I live next to an old cemetary, I mean old to! Its a ran-down one that has been around since about the civil war time. But I've always thought those were ghosts from it.

Do you think that these could be "shadow people?" Any insight to this would be appreciated.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
And you thought their were only child molestors amongst us lol.

I guess shadow people have some lunnies to.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm just speculating here but what if some of these shadow people were in fact human spirits that got left behind wondering the Earth after death? For some reason they could become somewhat attached to you (whoever is reading this) and hope that you will be able to help them in some way some day. If you can actually feel them and see glimpses or shadows of them that may be enough to make them want to hang around you. Now if only I can get them to talk to me on tape or open doors for me it might get interesting. It just seems so hard to find decent shadow people to do your housework doesn't it?

[edit on 9-10-2004 by orionthehunter]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I was at my grandmothers ...I called for her in the night. I heard the footseps and then the figure entered and stepped behind the door...Then my grandmother walked in. I thought the first figure was her. I was so confused I didnt say anything for a few days...especially because the figure followed her back out of the room. I was approx. 10-12

I know there is a scientific explanation of this..there has to be...something physiological...This was my only shadow experiece...

I once heard breathing for like 3 consecutive nights,,, the first night I thought it was the dog but when I turned on the light she wasnt in the room I searched for the source. It was never to be found. Every once in a while there was a sigh..So human like.

Again that had to be some explanation. I just cant accept that there are ghosts and goblins...With my sleep paralysis and other sleep occurances Over the years, I have struggled with my fear of darkness,,Some points in my life worse than others.

[edit on 9-10-2004 by xxKrisxx]

[edit on 9-10-2004 by xxKrisxx]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join