It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir Eric Gairy's Alien Encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I am not sure if this has been posted on ATS before but I found Eric Gairy's UFO story quite intriguing and leaves many questions still on the table.

Sir Eric Gairy was the 1st prime Minister of the Caribbean island of Grenada. He was a huge proponent of UFO disclosure and some would argue a pioneer in this field. It has been said the UK and USA foiled Gairy's attempt to set up a special unit to investigate UFO occurrences.

British officials were dismayed when in 1977 the then Prime Minister of Grenada Sir Eric Gairy wanted to call for the United Nations to set up a unit to investigate UFOs, files from the UK National Archives reveal. The files show how Britain was concerned the idea would drag the UN into disrepute. "The British delegation does not think that the establishment of an agency for research into unidentified flying objects is appropriate to the functions of the United Nations," they said. "Hopefully, a confrontation with the representatives of Grenada can be avoided, but the U.K. should not hesitate to make its views known as and when appropriate." Sir Eric was persuaded to withdraw his proposal but went on to call for 1978 to be designated "the year of the UFO". He was deposed in a coup the following year.

In any case, Sir Eric Gairy, as unsung a hero he was in fighting for UFO disclosure and investigation, actually had a personal encounter with an alien. He story was recounted by Wesley Bateman and was posted in UFO Digest.

Dr. Gairy confirmed this story to me about his nightly audiences at the "Evening Palace." For as he said, "it was during an late evening at this night club that a fisherman from the north east coast of Grenada came to him with a story that would change his life forever." With in minutes of hearing the fisherman's story, he put together a group of people he trusted, a small military unit with two trucks, and a photographer.

They followed the fisherman north and arrived at the coast just before dawn. There they met with two other fishermen that were standing guard over a tarp-covered object. The tarp was removed to reveal a giant human body that was between 7 1/2 to 8 feet in length. One of the fisherman directed Dr. Gairy to the fact that the body had six fingers on each hand. The body appeared to be of a white skinned man that had long white braided hair. Sir Eric said the body appeared to be of a young man, who if compared to a man of normal size would have been in his early thirties.

By now Sir Eric had concluded that he and his group were looking at an extraterrestrial. He ordered the photographer to take pictures of the body with flash bulbs, but had the foresight to tell the photographer to save some film and wait for better day light.

Source: UFO Digest

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wesley Bateman continued his story recounting the amazing tale as told by Eric Gairy...

The alien was dressed in a skintight 1 piece dark blue suit the footwear was attached. This appearance first fooled the fisherman that found him to think that the body was that of a scuba diver that met with some misfortune. After a closer examination they quickly realized that this was not a scuba diver from this world.

Dr. Gairy said that one could stretch the alien's suit to about two feet from the body. The weave did not separate. After releasing the material it would slowly return to its original position on the body and during the course of it doing so, emitted a low audible "humming" sound.

As the sun rose it became evident to Sir Eric and his excited group that the beach was covered by metal wreckage of various sizes. There were also pieces of metal and "containers" rolling about in the surf. These items were photographed.

When all the wreckage they could find on the beach and in the surf was gathered it filled about 1/2 the bed of one of the two pick up trucks that they brought with them. With considerable physical effort they placed the covered alien body on the bed of the second truck.

Among an estimated number of 8 metal containers, they found that they were able to force open two of them. The largest of the two contained specimens of fish and plant life, as well as packets of sand and coral from the seabed.

It has been speculated that the alien body and the containers found somehow ended up into the hands of the US government.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Biography of Sir Eric gairy

There is also a very short video and rare footage of the famous 1978 UN UFO Hearing.
1978 UN UFO Hearing

edit on 30-5-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
In summary, some of the obvious questions remaining are:

1) What happened to the alien body?
2) Where are the containers?
3) Did they ever disclose what were in the containers?

We may never know the answers but always wonder what happened down in the tiny island of Grenada.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

1. In a U.S. dumb (deep underground military base)
2. See 1.
3. No, and never will.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wow!! Now this is what ATS should be about...
Thanks for posting this, never heard of it before.
The description sounds like a Nordic, that had some misfortune with his scout ship.
Where is the evidence tho!! As a citizen of Earth I DEMAND to know where the body is, and WHY is it so secret.
Yes they are here....so what!!...Earth Humans are still bombing and killing each other, knowing about ET (or underground people) may even stop this.
Isnt it time to dismantle the Military Machine and use tech for our benefit, without mass deaths and destruction?

As an aside, the Singer Rhianna relayed the story about how her father was obsessed by UFOs, and use to make her sit outside on the porch at night, when she was a little girl, and watch the skys...I think she saw some too.
AND yes, she is from the Caribbean too.

Great post, I eagerly await further info...or disinfo from our famous debunkers.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Yes, seems like a Nordic, based on description. He stated it appears the alien was collecting samples of fish and marine artifacts to possibly replenish the area.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
What happened to the photos?

He asked the photographer to save some photos if i am not mistaken.Where are they?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Since the OP stated that pictures were taken . What happened to them ? Without them this is sadly just another yarn .
I wonder why the OP didn't mention as to the whereabouts of the photo's in his summary ?

I'm sorry , but what an anti-climax

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

Unfortunately, it appears the photos, along with the containers and the body were confiscated. Gairy did not get a chance to investigate the whereabouts of any of the items.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I would imagine due to the rebellion and coup, he never really got a chance to go back, gather the evidence and present them back to the interviewer. things just got crazy for Gairy after that meeting..

I asked if he told Kurt Walheim. He said he never got the time or opportunity. "Although the alien body was really my only reason for arranging a one on one talk with him, I was emotionally reacting to the rebellion and I knew I could not prove the story, unless I was back in Grenada and personally showed him the alien body.

Returning to Grenada and being reinstated as Prime Minister was my first priority." My next question was: What do you intend to do about this matter in the future? Sir Eric answered: "I am still formulating my plans." After this meeting I never met with or talked to Sir Eric Gairy again. He suddenly vacated his apartment. I never heard a word as to where he went or what he did.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Lets see, really tall and 6 fingers on each hand. Sounds just like the descriptions of the Nephilim from the Bible, as well as the typical Nordic beings; except Nordics are usually depicted with 5 fingers on each hand. I also like the mention of white hair yet the body itself is said to be that of a large young man. Many say that Fallen Angels, Nephilim, Annunaki, Nordic Beings, Norse Gods, and Demigods had white hair; yet their bodies were also depicted as being in the prime of their life.

I enjoy this post as the Nordic type beings interest more than other beings often described in UFO stories. It seems other countries have all the Nordic encounters, while we great citizens of America have encounters with little ugly people.

edit on 31-5-2012 by davidwaters84 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Jaellma, well that's certainly a fascinating account and there's more info at the links here about how Prime Minister Eric Gairy became convinced that 'mankind was threatened by extra-terrestrials arriving in flying saucers' and the meeting at the U.N. - there's also a relevant statement from him below where he mentions witnessing a flying saucer in 1975.

"I know that flying saucers exist because I myself saw one three years ago, and U.N. diplomats will not think I am crazy for saying so. I am convinced that persons from outer space are studying us, or perhaps living among us as earthlings."

Prime Minister Eric Gairy of Grenada - Addressing the 1977-1978 General Assembly meeting of the United Nations.

Cheers.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Looks like another case of someone with Some clout experienced something crazy, but he wasn't part of the inner circle, so like any normal person, wanted to get this exposed and investigated, wouldn't keep his mouth shut, and so they had to engineer a "coup" to get him out of power. He was surely replaced by a more agenda friendly leader.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Exactly. Except they also killed his replacement as Prime Minister, Maurice Bishop, in 1983 when Bishop was executed in another coup. Strange how things go around, huh?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for the links. BTW, I am a staunch believer in UFOs after having witnesses 2 on separate occasions. I also have a cousin who witnessed some UFOs flying over a remote area which was also witnessed by hundreds of people. They were in extremely tight formation and were performing aerial movements that defied conventional thinking.

join