It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foster home or Gay couple.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

I have done the research, and the pros heavily outweighed the cons. I don't do other peoples' work however, so it's up to you to choose between ignorance and understanding.
reply to post by AfterInfinity

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

The stats are statistically correct. Gay raised children have far greater problems than their hetro counter parts per person basis. These stats are recorded by all the medical agencies the CDC the WHO the UK NHS etc.

Reading some crap like Gay parenting vs hetro parenting is always biased towards the gays ALWAYS>

I have done the research to and more often than not choose not to read from Google like YOU you amateur but from journals of scientific not whimsical nonsense like what you are displaying.

You are obviously pro gay adoption and all that so your view is warped and tainted, Plus the spread of AIDS amoung gays is far higher than in hetro relations...again not biased BUT FACT!!!!!!

Give the source of the site you pulled those so called statistics from. I feel that either YOU or the site is LYING.
As far as AIDs goes, those numbers have changed. didn't you hear?
www.cdc.gov...
Gay men rates are going down, heterosexual black men have gone up black heterosexual women have gone up.... in fact the lowest risk groups for AIDS are 1. Nuns, 2. lesbians , so your kids going to lesbians would probably be the best bet.... especially if the kid is a teenage male

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I have done the research, and the pros heavily outweighed the cons. I don't do other peoples' work however, so it's up to you to choose between ignorance and understanding.

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

The stats are statistically correct. Gay raised children have far greater problems than their hetro counter parts per person basis. These stats are recorded by all the medical agencies the CDC the WHO the UK NHS etc.

Reading some crap like Gay parenting vs hetro parenting is always biased towards the gays ALWAYS>

I have done the research to and more often than not choose not to read from Google like YOU you amateur but from journals of scientific not whimsical nonsense like what you are displaying.

You are obviously pro gay adoption and all that so your view is warped and tainted, Plus the spread of AIDS amoung gays is far higher than in hetro relations...again not biased BUT FACT!!!!!!

YOU ARE WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! and you are either a liar or believe liars, making you not too bright.

www.livescience.com...

•In a study of nearly 90 teens, half living with female same-sex couples and the others with heterosexual couples, both groups fared similarly in school. Teen boys in same-sex households had grade point averages of about 2.9, compared with 2.65 for their counterparts in heterosexual homes. Teen girls showed similar results, with a 2.8 for same-sex households and 2.9 for girls in heterosexual families.
•In another study, teens were asked about delinquent activities, such as damaging others' property, shoplifting and getting into fights, in the previous year. Teens in both same-sex and heterosexual households got essentially the same average scores of about 1.8 on a scale from 1 to 10 (with higher scores meaning more delinquent behaviors).
•A 2008 study comparing 78 lesbian families in the United States with their counterparts (lesbian households) in the Netherlands, showed American kids were more than twice as likely as the Dutch to be teased about their mothers' sexual orientation.

"[The research] pretty much shows that almost no study that has been done on this topic has confirmed this common sense assumption that gender is critical or that a father-mother household works better for kids than a same-sex household," said Brian Powell, a sociologist at Indiana University, who also wasn't involved in this review.

"The bottom line is that the science shows that children raised by two same-gender parents do as well on average as children raised by two different-gender parents," Biblarz said. "This is obviously inconsistent with the widespread claim that children must be raised by a mother and a father to do well."

The statistics are against you, so I call LYING BS on your "data"

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

But...the issue here is that you are using a source based in science. What is needed for the discussion here is a study based on what God probably thinks.
Science and facts has a gay agenda..

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

But...the issue here is that you are using a source based in science. What is needed for the discussion here is a study based on what God probably thinks.
Science and facts has a gay agenda..

ohhhhh that's right, ok...I'll try to channel the flying spagetti moster.... no wait, that's not the one...oh, I know!!! Hitler's ghost, he was an evangelican christian and definitely fits the republican profile so he must be the one we need to hear from!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Look at you getting your pants in a twist.

Its a FACT homosexual parenting is still in its infancy and right now its causing the poor kids to suffer.

So, pipe down and do a little factual research. I am not saying this will be permanent but the STATS are true.

Sorry to pee on your fire but YOU and WRONG.

Your study involved 90 children, I read that article a while back...its biased and can not be substantiated through lack of data!!!!!!

Better luck next time.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Hitler's ghost, he was an evangelican christian and definitely fits the republican profile so he must be the one we need to hear from!

Gah...
Best to not have the germans weigh in about anything remotely sexual...just sayin..

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Its a FACT homosexual parenting is still in its infancy and right now its causing the poor kids to suffer.

So, pipe down and do a little factual research. I am not saying this will be permanent but the STATS are true.

Your study involved 90 children, I read that article a while back...its biased and can not be substantiated through lack of data!!!!!!

Better luck next time.

aka:
The sourced study is not to be believed...instead, believe the study he once read back in band camp...
research it...and you haven't gotten the actual facts until you find something that agrees with his ideals..anything that goes against gay people being bad parents clearly is not true...because again, it goes against that one paper that curiously cannot be found.

and anyhow, its too new to study anyhow, so doesn't count (except for the study he once read that one time..that counts)..

I do wonder why some people come to ATS..the motto is to deny ignorance..sort of missing the point of you demand it at any cost.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Better luck next time.

Actually, I did factual research, it's YOU who used things like conservapedia and made up statistics. Mine are from real and from the CDC lil darlin

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Better luck next time.

aka:
The sourced study is not to be believed...instead, believe the study he once read back in band camp...
research it...and you haven't gotten the actual facts until you find something that agrees with his ideals..anything that goes against gay people being bad parents clearly is not true...because again, it goes against that one paper that curiously cannot be found.

and anyhow, its too new to study anyhow, so doesn't count (except for the study he once read that one time..that counts)..

I do wonder why some people come to ATS..the motto is to deny ignorance..sort of missing the point of you demand it at any cost.

He got a little mixed up on the "deny ignorance" thing. He's ignorant and denying it, not quite what the site had in mind

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'm not even going to read all the inappropriate comments about having a gay couple adopt. Adopt vs. a foster home? Why is that even a question? A family is a family whether it has one parent, or a gay couple. Parents sexual orientation has nothing to do with it. What matters is values, love and being engaged as a good parent!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

I'd not want the kids to be split up. Family is family. The gay couple would be the logical choice.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

However, the record for children being raised by gays is quite alarming too. Higher rates of suicide, higher rates of mental disorders.

Higher Suicide rate!!

Suicide is the second leading cause of death - following motor vehicle accidents - among teenagers and young adults. On average, adolescents aged 15 to 19 years have an annual suicide rate of about 1 in 10,000 people. Among youths 12 to 16 year of age, up to 10% of boys and 20% of girls have considered suicide. Gay and lesbian adolescents are more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers. Suicide rates are 5 to 8 times higher among First Nations and Inuit teens.

Can you please point out in that paragraph where it states that children raised by gay couples are more likely to commit suicide.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Where is the link backing these facts up? You will find more abuse in foster homes than in homes of gay couples.

Why Gay Parents May Be the Best Parents

Research has shown that the kids of same-sex couples — both adopted and biological kids — fare no worse than the kids of straight couples on mental health, social functioning, school performance and a variety of other life-success measures. In a 2010 review of virtually every study on gay parenting, New York University sociologist Judith Stacey and University of Southern California sociologist Tim Biblarz found no differences between children raised in homes with two heterosexual parents and children raised with lesbian parents. "There's no doubt whatsoever from the research that children with two lesbian parents are growing up to be just as well-adjusted and successful" as children with a male and a female parent," Stacey told LiveScience. There is very little research on the children of gay men, so Stacey and Biblarz couldn't draw conclusions on those families. But Stacey suspects that gay men "will be the best parents on average," she said.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'd obviously pick the couple, and i'd like to think my kids would be taught to make the right decision aswell.

And besides, imagine growing up with two dads, you wouldn't grow up to be a wise ass at all eh?
And with two mums, you'd get double tagged teamed nagged so you wouldn't be too lazy to do #...
edit on 31/5/12 by Swamper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Measuring someone's parenting value based on their sexual preference is faulty.

Potential parents should be judged based on their life. Are they educated? Are they stable? Are they good people? Do they live in an area that would be good to raise a family? Are they willing to devote their lives to making sure the kids have everything they need, and have opportunities for a good future? Are they kind and loving and rational? These are the qualities of a good parent..

I'd rather my kids go to a responsible, mature, educated, successful gay couple than foster care or some hateful religious zombie/zealot.

I hope my children have open minds and open hearts. I hope that they reject hateful religion and are smart enough to see the traditional mechanisms of control in this world. If I had to make this choice today, I'd hope that whoever they ended up with, that person would teach them all of this.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

In my view, gay marriage is more to do with sexual relations than procreational reasons therefor they project a warped view of family life upon a child. This leads to much confusion in life as it is actually an unnatural way of living. A gay raised child only sees a family from the perspective of sexual love not love for the purpose of creating life together through procreation.

Plus we were unlike some animals, were made to live with a mate of the opposite sex in order to advance our species via procreation. However, gays spread aids like wild fire and there are many TRUE stats to prove this case. just read the CDC statistics on it.

I DO NOT agree with gay couples raising children!!!

So you're asserting that people can not share a genuine love if they are the same sex? That love is founded on sex and sex alone, correct?

Did you love your dad? Your Grandfather? Your uncles and brothers? And you did so without sex, correct?

Sure, there is a sexual attraction between same sex couples, just like there is a sexual attraction between you and your wife. Do you and your wife scrog on the couch in front of your kids or are you intelligent and responsible enough to know that there is a time and a place? Genuine love is mutual respect and support - and with that special someone sex as well. If a gay family has genuine love for one another, they will all be stronger people, just like any social group. Your ideas are silly and your "facts" are laughable.

How you interact and teach kids has nothing to do with your sexual preference. I find your opinions ridiculous and without merit considering your avatar picture.. Is that your daughter in the red hat holding a paper with the words I LOVE SATAN on it? And your handle is Six6Six.. I don't even believe in fairy tales, but it's definitely irresponsible to raise your kids thinking Satan is cool. Such foolish hypocrisy.

The guy with an obvious fondness for Satan and who projects it on his little girl thinks gay parents would be bad.. This $%&# is funny.

edit on 31-5-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

However, the record for children being raised by gays is quite alarming too. Higher rates of suicide, higher rates of mental disorders.

Higher Suicide rate!!

Suicide is the second leading cause of death - following motor vehicle accidents - among teenagers and young adults. On average, adolescents aged 15 to 19 years have an annual suicide rate of about 1 in 10,000 people. Among youths 12 to 16 year of age, up to 10% of boys and 20% of girls have considered suicide. Gay and lesbian adolescents are more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers. Suicide rates are 5 to 8 times higher among First Nations and Inuit teens.

Can you please point out in that paragraph where it states that children raised by gay couples are more likely to commit suicide.

They came from her head because she made them up just like she does everything else she says

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I was one of those foster kids too. The very first foster home I live in was one of a lesbian couple. Of course, back then ( 1970's) their relationship was secret and no mention whatsoever of their lesbian relationship by anyone on the outside, but inside it was obvious. I had no problem whatsoever with either of them and would have liked to stayed there, but it was only a temporary foster home.

I have no problem with gay/lesbian foster homes or adoptions, however, I would much rather go to a foster home rather than be adopted. In a foster home, you have a social worker and if things go bad, you can always get put in another home. If you are adopted, you are stuck there for good. ( at least back then, I'm not sure about now.)

The part about the couple being gay/lesbian isn't an issue to me. I'm not sure I'd want to be adopted by any couple, gay or straight.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The gay couple.

foster parents, not all of them of course, get paid by the state for each kid they foster. A couple, gay or not, is a better environment as they aren't being paid to foster the child, they want to raise a child of their own.

That's my opinion on it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by Six6Six

Either throw your kids to the lions in foster care and possible abuse or do the same and throw them to the gay couple.

Are saying that when it comes to boys or girls being adopted?

Like,would it be wrong if a girl was adopted by a lesbien couple, or a boy being adopted by a man couple .which one did you picture first to say> 'Either throw your kids to the lions in foster care and possible abuse or do the same and throw them to the gay couple'.

They need to be kept together and out of the possibly satanic M'Kultra foster care. I would choose the gay couple but arrange a back up plan for them in case it backfired if possible. Plan A, Plan B, Plan C.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join