It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foster home or Gay couple.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Your on your death bed and your about to kick the can. You have 2 kids, a girl and a boy, but no family members, no friends and no body to turn to. A social worker comes in and tells you that they found a gay couple that would love to adopt your kids and if not ,they will be placed in foster home and most likely will be split up.

What choice would you make and why?

edit on 30-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Talk about being asked the impossible question.

Either throw your kids to the lions in foster care and possible abuse or do the same and throw them to the gay couple.

I would say Death is most probably the best alternative, but then again that was not part of the question.

Unfair question as most people are probably religious and if Catholic or Muslim Gays are seen as a sinful life. So they would HAVE to choose foster care.

Its like asking a hungry man to choose between eating his own foot or eating his own feces, both not smart ideas.

I am only speaking in reference to the choice I would make. As I strongly agree with neither.!!

P.S I was just informed by a person I know that he was raised in a foster home or two. And he turned out very well as far as I am concerned. No abuse at all. But he too is a Luciferian but that has no baring here.

So anyone here raised by gay people. Proper gay people; not those pretending, just to gain the rights that come along with it!!
edit on 30-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
We all know that foster homes are ALWAYS a gamble and more often than not it is not a good situation for children. MOST adopted children have a good upbringing. Why would this be a difficult choice for anyone to make? Only a moron would put their bigotry before the goodwill of their children. Besides, you would be on your death bed, most people only dislike gays to fit in with those around them, that really wouldn't matter anymore when you're dead...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
To be honest, I would actually pick the gay couple. I don't think I've met someone from a foster home that wasn't abused, treated like a paycheck or just completely disregarded in life. Foster homes are a weird category, the people running them have motives, and even if it's to "help" others, one wonders why taking stray kids in for brief periods is the first route of choice.

On the other hand I know a number of adopted people that could not even imagine their family not being real "family" as they are so well bonded.

As far as the parents being gay, at least the kid will be dressed well, or in the case of a lesbian couple, play a lot of sports?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by doomedtoday
We all know that foster homes are ALWAYS a gamble and more often than not it is not a good situation for children. MOST adopted children have a good upbringing. Why would this be a difficult choice for anyone to make? Only a moron would put their bigotry before the goodwill of their children. Besides, you would be on your death bed, most people only dislike gays to fit in with those around them, that really wouldn't matter anymore when you're dead...

I was under the impression that foster homes and adoption are two separate things, correct me if I'm wrong...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Hmmm. People are people, gay or no. As far as I'm aware, gay folks don't sin any more than anyone else - just in some different ways.

And while I'm a believer - who am I to judge? The bible teaches that to god alone we stand or fall, since we can't judge another man's servant, and we ALL fall short when measured according to ourselves. We judge amongst those on the INSIDE to help us stay on the path, and the rest is up to god.

Unless there were some other known issue with this couple...I could honestly go either way. I haven't heard much consistent good of the foster situation lately, whether that's fair or not. Any who knows - kid might end up in a gay foster home anyway.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I was under the impression that foster homes and adoption are two separate things, correct me if I'm wrong...

Foster homes are normally run by the state and adoption is private!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Considering I was once one of those kids, I would make the obvious choice.

I have been through 3 foster homes, two of which were less than suitable for a child of my age...especially considering the mentally ill people I was exposed to.

Even if the parents are gay, to have a permanent home and two loving guardians is the best thing any child can ask for.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Friend of mine has two moms.
He is arguably more "normal" than I am.

I would venture to say a house of harmony wins..be it hetro or homosexual couples at the head..broken homes are a disaster and frankly, I would want a kid in foster care than in a traditional husband and wife household where there is abuse and ignorance.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Normal is highly overrated. Abnormal is where the fun stuff happens.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Yes, this is why we have punctuation. In the English language a period can be used to separate two thoughts.
So in my using a period between two different sentences where I claim one is bad and the other is good, how is what you are asking not already implied?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Gay couple. Not that difficult a choice. The stigma of having a gay couple as parents would be there for the kids, but I would worry far less about abuse. Foster care sounds like a nightmare to me. I've known a few people who had gay parents that were perfectly normal. They had it a lot better than many ultra religious or uncaring homes. In a perfect world, every child would have a Mom and a Dad growing up. This world isn't perfect. I get the impression a large number of foster parents are in it for the money. Not all gay men are mincing flowery fairies, and not all lesbians are man hating flannel sporters. Hell they're kinda like regular people.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

My mother has frequently fantasized about mutilating the genitals of various male sex offenders on television...

But then again, who hasn't?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The fact that this is even open for debate shows how backward America is.

Seriously, it gives the impression that you're all out on the trailer porch at 5 am shooting off your rifles in thanks that God blessed you with the sun for another day, rushing to the town hall to choose a virgin to sacrifice for the harvest.

Shall we debate the possibility of Black Americans adopting your white kids too, or is that exposing too much bigotry even for the average right-wing nut case to contemplate?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Hmmm. People are people, gay or no. As far as I'm aware, gay folks don't sin any more than anyone else - just in some different ways.

I agree with this statement 100%.. It doesn't matter if someones adopted parents are gay. More than likely, it would not make much of a difference on the child's life, that is, if they are decent parents.. The foster home option would probably lead to the children being split up, the best option is the gay parents, In my opinion at least.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

We don't rush across town for a sacrifice. We rush across town to brag about the 8-point we brought down in our woods, then staying out all night with Sam Adams and his groupies.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Either throw your kids to the lions in foster care and possible abuse or do the same and throw them to the gay couple.

Are saying that when it comes to boys or girls being adopted?

Like,would it be wrong if a girl was adopted by a lesbien couple, or a boy being adopted by a man couple .which one did you picture first to say> 'Either throw your kids to the lions in foster care and possible abuse or do the same and throw them to the gay couple'.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by Six6Six

Are saying that when it comes to boys or girls being adopted?

Like,would it be wrong if a girl was adopted by a lesbien couple, or a boy being adopted by a man couple .which one did you picture first to say> 'Either throw your kids to the lions in foster care and possible abuse or do the same and throw them to the gay couple'.

Bigotry has no common sense.

You're trying to get blood out of a stone with that one.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Yes, this is why we have punctuation. In the English language a period can be used to separate two thoughts.
So in my using a period between two different sentences where I claim one is bad and the other is good, how is what you are asking not already implied?

You are quite right. I misunderstood when I first read it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

The foster home option would probably lead to the children being split up, the best option is the gay parents, In my opinion at least.

I missed the part about the kids being split up. I already had my mind made up, but that cements my opinion even more. I guess I'm not scared of catching teh gaiz.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join