It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney is Not The GOP Nominee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Romney has reached the magic number of 51% of the delegates legally bound to him. This means that in the first round of voting these delegates must vote for him thus clinching him the nomination. His delegate count is actually probably higher though. Most unbound delegates are party luminaries who will undoubtedly tow the party line and vote for Romney. It's over. Now all that's left are the formalities.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
he's not technically yet

but how will ron "11%" paul do anything about it ?

stealth delegates ? (treason)

that's handing the election to obama

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Try to convince all you want, but do you know who you are trying to convince?....The word clinch doesn't exist in my vocabulary until all states are done with...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The word "clinch" isn't going to exist in this race until Tampa and anyone with half of a brain should know that.

The cards are on the table. There are many different sides that can be played and while some sides say that delegates are bound there are also plenty of sides that say, and have legal sources stating that come the convention in Florida - ALL OF THE DELEGATES WILL BE UNBOUND.

There is no guarantees here folks. You can take historic ways things have been done out of the books because in case you haven't noticed, this contest so far has spat in the face of the old ways already and taken the GOP so off guard they they are on the defensive, doing everything they can to hide behind their rules that they don't even have to protect them.

And as for stealth delegates being treason
. I'd say forcing the American people to live under the tyranny of a forced two party rule is pretty treasonous to begin with, and the bylaws that the parties go by don't have anything to do with the Constitution. When it comes to the general election, then we can talk, but as for choosing a candidate - there are no set rules that could constitute treason in these situations. The parties are private entities that we have allowed to control us and thus they set their own rules. You can't be charged for treason for breaking party rules, though you would be hard pressed to find what party rules are being broken.

The race continues until Tampa and until the roll call vote is held. That is when your nominee will be chosen and that is the only time this is going to be settled, not when the MSM who has been lying since the very beginning decides to say it is over. Not when the President chooses which candidate he wants to face. When the delegates actually sit down and vote at the convention - THEN this will be over.

Nuff said.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
So sad on many levels.

Romney clinched last night in Texas, and to add salt to the wound, Ron Paul only received 11% of the vote in his home state.

11%, and his followers still think he has a chance.

Too funny!

Haha ya, real funny man! I mean it's so funny that the only honest guy running for president is getting shafted by the msn, rigged votes, and god knows what else. Yea, real funny... The only thing Romney clinched is rigged votes.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So what i'm basically reading is that there is no hope for America now? It's over and it's really going to be a disastrous age now.

Well Americans, in this situation you have the luck of having fists of gunpowder, last chance is a revolution.

edit on 31/5/12 by Swamper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I haven't seen the MSM say that Mitt is the nominee .. what I HAVE heard them say is that he is the "unofficial" nominee .. simply because at the moment he has the required number of delegates.. facts are facts.. Mitt is going to get that nomination.. there's absolutely no chance Paul will get it... anyone believing he will is deluding themselves...

Now with that said, I am a HUGE Ron Paul supporter, and Mitt is one of my least favorite candidates.. reality is just reality..Ron is too far behind.. he knows that and accepts it, but most of the supporters do not... that's not Ron's fault.

Ron is still trying to win delegates so that he can garner enough support to get a speaking spot at the convention, he wants to push forward the momentum .. deliver a strong, clear message to America and heighten awareness of his cause.. he's not trying to win delegates out of hopes for becoming president anymore.
edit on 5/31/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swamper
Well Americans, in this situation you have the luck of having fists of gunpowder, last chance is a revolution.

edit on 31/5/12 by Swamper because: (no reason given)

Why is that the option? .. Ron doesn't want that.. I sure don't.. Ron is still trying to push his message and make sure we hear it.. if enough people follow through with his convictions then he's won in his own way.. to fight, simply keep pushing Ron's message until it's so loud they can't NOT hear it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

All delegates are NOT unbound.

Lying to yourself doesn't make it true.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
It's funny how Paul supporters stop researching facts once they think a half fact works in their favor. Of course the popular vote still counts!

Then maybe you should start researching yourself. Popular vote is meaningless it's the delegates that count and none are committed now this happens at the convention in Tampa. You would know this had you and all the other people who buy into the MSM hype done a little research.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

All delegates are NOT unbound.

Lying to yourself doesn't make it true.

Then maybe you should stop lying to yourself.

In some states the delegates are bound and in some states they are not. In fact in some of the states the GOP is threatening the delegates with lawsuits if they don't vote for Romney.

If he has all of the delegates like you think then why are they taking action like this? Just because you win the primary doesn't mean you get all of the delegates in some states they are free to vote for who they want.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Then maybe you should stop lying to yourself.

In some states the delegates are bound and in some states they are not. In fact in some of the states the GOP is threatening the delegates with lawsuits if they don't vote for Romney.

If he has all of the delegates like you think then why are they taking action like this? Just because you win the primary doesn't mean you get all of the delegates in some states they are free to vote for who they want.

Reading comprehension would help you.

I didn't state that all delegates are bound...I said all of them aren't unbound....see the difference?

A large portion of the delegates are bound...it varies state by state, but in most it is STATE LAW that binds them to vote according to the results of the primary.

I would guess the RNC is doing this because Paul supporters have proven themselves to be immature little brats that just want to cause trouble. They don't have to sign the oath to vote for Romney...but then they will be replaced by a responsible adult who will follow the rules.

The sooner you guys accept that it is over, the less foolish you will look when the convention comes around and Ron Paul is little more than a footnote.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If Ron Paul has an insignificant amount of followers why the concern? Also what trouble are the little immature brats doing? Are they playing by the rules or breaking the rules? If they are breaking the rules than prosecute or disqualify them. If they are playing by the rules why are they immature little brats wanting to cause trouble?

Ron Paul might not win the nomination but I don't understand the attempts to trash those who believe and support Ron Paul. Most of his supporters appear to like Ron Paul because of where he CLEARLY stands and his consistent VOTING RECORD for numerous decades . Out of Obama,Romney, and Ron Paul: Ron Paul is the only candidate that his actions match what comes out his mouth.

Yep, you should be proud to bash a candidate and his supporters for being consistent with his message for smaller gov't and his record for smaller gov't . You might not agree with his message but at least his supporters will know exactly how he will vote and legislate. So I don't see why Ron Paul supporters deserve to be ridiculed?

I can only imagine that Romney and Obama wish for the UNmanufactured following that Ron Paul has.

edit on 31-5-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join