It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expensive NASA equipment missing in North Texas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by draco49

Originally posted by TechUnique
Hoax to get more funds?
Maybe North Korea really do have a space program and have been stealing all this stuff off of NASA, all the while laughing at the claims of missile development.

Wait do North Koreans laugh?..

No, laughter is a capital offense in Pyongyang. Smug contempt is permitted under certain circumstances, but I don't think this would qualify.

And just why not. LOL LOL
"NASA spokesman--- Oh UGH we usually loose all our crap somewhere between the surface and LEO.
We have GPS, CIA, FBI and a cat that can track a Scud through the Sahara desert with out stopping for a drink at an oasis. We have star wars, hi fly aircraft, spy satellites that can see a knat fart, spy drones and the recourses of the American taxpayer. WE were thinking of using Google earth but that's not up far enough. Oh well I guess we won't be able to show the foot prints this time too! "

The quotes are ljb pretending to be a NASA spokesman.
A real NASA guy would take longer.
Hope they haven't found it before I post.
LOL ljb

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Shouldn't this equipment have a transmitter on it with remote controls and tracking hdwe.? Turn it on and see what happens. That's right, that was the two million option they didn't get.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by riddle6
Also, there's a lot of work from kids at the University of Minnesota that is missing.

This guy, Asad is cited as the researcher.

His home page says the experiment is

the EBEX experiment, a balloon-borne millimeter-wave telescope to study the faint afterglow of the Big Bang.

And what appears to be a web page for the EBEX experiments.

EBEX is a balloon-borne polarimeter designed to measure the intensity and polarization of the cosmic microwave background radiation. Measurements of the polarization of the CMB could probe an inflationary epoch that took place shortly after the big bang and significantly improve constraints on the values of several cosmological parameters

Cant see this equipment (in its current form, without being scrapped) as having any value to anyone other than xray astronomers.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Shouldn't this equipment have a transmitter on it with remote controls and tracking hdwe.? Turn it on and see what happens. That's right, that was the two million option they didn't get.

Proly a detonation switch. They are waiting for the tele equipment to get to where these guys wanted to go . LOL

Jonathan Pollard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Early life|Early career|Espionage|CaptureHe and his wife then attempted to gain asylum at the Israeli embassy, only to ... Capturing Jonathan Pollard: How One of the Most Notorious Spies in American History Was ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Pollard - CachedMore results from en.wikipedia.org »

And we have last but not least---

Stewart Nozette - Metapedia
en.metapedia.org/wiki/Stewart_Nozette - Similarto Stewart Nozette - Metapedia

Mar 22, 2012 ... Stewart David Nozette (born May 20, 1957) is an American-born Jewish scientist and an admitted spy for Israel. In September 2011 he pleaded ...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
A taxfunded agency, "losing" expensive equipment? Say it aint so!

Yeah, I am getting very cynical when it comes to agencies that are living high off our money, and tossing it around nilly willy and all.....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This article makes it sound like they have the equipment:

"The seal on the trailer is unbroken," Aboobaker said. "Now we can get on to doing some science."

Missing Space Telescope Found Near Dallas

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

That is just strange.......

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This is what starts to happen when people get thirsty for money, Someone probably stole all the precious metals involved with this project, Copper, Gold, Platinum, out of the all the electronic equip, or someone knows something we dont, I think I'd question the people invovled in the making of this, the driver isnt going to know much, "sorry I pulled over at a reststop, and when I woke I thought the trucki felt a bit lighter. Huh??"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Apparently jadedANDcynical was the only other person to read the full article and didn't just started spouting off,

ALL THE EQUIPMENT WAS RECOVERED ALONG WITH THE TRAILER

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Haha. That's not the first or the last time cargo was stolen out of south Dallas. Park your trailer at your own risk out there buddy.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

You beat me to it.

They did find the trailer, and all of the equipment was still in it. I'm glad for the UM people that have worked so hard on their end of the deal.

Now the question remains about the driver and what happened with him. It will be interesting to see if there are any more updates in the coming days.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I wish there was some way I could edit the title or OP to state that the equipment has been found.

Either way, here's updates from the two sites listed in the OP. Neither of them give any additional information.

WFAA and NBCDFW

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
They don't want it in the media because they don't want anyone to know they are negotiating a ransom to get the stuff back. My guess... The thieves probably threatened that if its all over the news they will destroy the equipment but if its kept quiet then they will accept a MILL or however much for the equipment, unharmed.
edit on 31-5-2012 by 3n19m470 because: Ok, so it looks like the transaction has been completed then...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join