It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hardwired- movie about near future where corporations own everything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Am watching the movie again, this time on my droid, and it is very uncanny how close the movie got it.

Is this another example of conditioning the public for tptb, or are the script writers paying more attention to the evolving dynamics of our world, than the people they entertain ?

Art imitation of life, or life imitating art....

Hardwired media link

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I started to awaken myself back in the eighties after reading the book Neuromancer....a dystopian future where corporations own everything. Coined the term "cyberspace". Started the Cyberpunk movement, which was topped off by Snowcrash, a dystopian future where the US has dissolved into hundreds of separate nations or "burbclaves" with their own laws, and, once again, corporations own everything. Predicted the Internet to a much more detailed degree, coined the term "avatar".

Everyone should read both these books. I regard them as some of the best ever written. The scary part being it was over twenty years ago, adn they pretty much nailed it.

Also pretty much anything by Phillip K. Dick did a good job of predicting the dystopian future of corrupt govts we are experiencing now, and he was writing back in the fifties and sixties. Scary stuff, actually.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Near future where corporations own everything?

Network (1976)

There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM and ITT and AT&T, and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today.

A good example might be the world of Rollerball (1975) where, after the "corporate wars," each section of the USA is sectioned off and dedicated to a specific manufacturing/production task and the rulers are called "executives."

Corporate society takes care of everything. And all it asks of anyone, all it's ever asked of anyone ever, is not to interfere with management decisions.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Am really surprised this topic didn't generate more discussion...

So here's a friendly bump to nudge a potential interest, back into view.

Am interested in how well this has aged, an input from others.

top topics

join