It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello! I have a question that brought me here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So, there is a story here on the local news. Seemingly a bunch of boxes have been springing up on the light posts around a town here. No one knows what they are or where they came from. Of course conspiracy theories are being brought up. Here is a link. Any thoughts?!? They seem to have cameras and antenna on them.

***MOD EDIT***
Not an Introduction Thread (Live link removed)
*Closing Thread*

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

You have posted what could be a very interesting topic in the "Introductions thread". This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other Introduction threads by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, you can then start your own threads in their appropriate areas.

Strict code's like this are in place to help keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these policies is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas. I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

With that said, I'm going to have to close this thread as it does not comply with the above stated rules. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas as we'd love to hear more on this subject you originally posted.

Thread closed, you can contact me by a private message for more information if needed after you have read the links provided above and in the final post below. Or you can also contact staff by alerting them here Complaints and Suggestions

edit on 5/31/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkOne21

I live in Upstate NY (syracuse) and find this extremely disturbing! Wth! Heating & A/C capabilities, with the ability to transmit? Holy cow!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Sorry I put those cameras up myself. Seriously though the "without authorization" leads me to think Black Ops looking for someone or something. They look quite expensive. If I were in an area with those cameras and no marking or trace of ownership I would certainly have a some spare electronic parts shortly thereafter......

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkOne21
So, there is a story here on the local news. Seemingly a bunch of boxes have been springing up on the light posts around a town here. No one knows what they are or where they came from. Of course conspiracy theories are being brought up. Here is a link. Any thoughts?!? They seem to have cameras and antenna on them.

northcountrynow.com...

Huh. I WAS thinking speed/ticket cameras, but without authorization, hmm?

Well, that all says one thing to me: target practice.

From the back, of course - where the bastards can't see you.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sh********t those ones are big to be just a camera !!!!!!!! would like to know whats really inside the box

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is very interesting. The idea that these camera boxes have been going up without permission is very telling indeed.. Or maybe someone didn't do their paperwork. In any case, Like another poster said: those can't be cheap. The fact that there have been so many of them found and a few removed (with a big thumbs up from me!) tell me whoever is behind this has a great deal of money to toss about and wipe their arse with.. I'll keep and eye on the story -And my telephone/electric poles. Not in NY myself, but it won't be long now till cameras are everywhere both the legal (debatable..) and illegal alike it seems.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The guy had it right. The feds are testing out security equipment, getting a feel for our reaction and the technical performance. Pretty soon, they'll rebuild it and unveil a "new" security camera that will be on every corner...supposedly only activated by certain circumstances, or triggered by security personal with stringent guidelines to follow, but in reality, they are activated whenever there is motion, or whenever the agency feels like it.

1984 feels closer than ever.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I was SOOOO surprised to click on northcountrynow as that is where I grew up. I have relatives in the area as well. Seeing its proximity to the Candian border it makes me wonder if that has something to do with why these areas would be being watched.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I would doubt it has air conditioning. Its probly air monitoring and connected with a CCTV camera looking for bomb scents. What does it say about DHS not getting it back or even stopping them before taking it down?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice. You will find numerous threads to choose from and to add your thoughts to.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

CLOSING THREAD
REASON?
Not an Intro thread

new topics

top topics

join