It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spasm of two seperate shootings in under 5 minutes in Seattle cafe/downtown 4 dead Wack gun laws

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Living in WA state, I can assure anyone interested in this story that anyone that has their permit and is of legal age can carry a gun (I'm not sure if Seattle has different firearm laws, as I avoid that crap hole at all costs). I rarely leave the house without my sidearm on me because of BS like this. I refuse to be a victim, god help me the day I have to use my weapon in self defense and face going to court because of it. This just goes to show how irresponsible people can and will find a way to purchase a fire arm and use them as they see fit. There's no way of preventing this, just something humans have to deal with. If more people tookt he time to go through firearms training and get the proper paperwork to carry their own fire arms this kind of crap could have been avoided (just my opinion on the matter).

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
Living in WA state, I can assure anyone interested in this story that anyone that has their permit and is of legal age can carry a gun (I'm not sure if Seattle has different firearm laws, as I avoid that crap hole at all costs). I rarely leave the house without my sidearm on me because of BS like this. I refuse to be a victim, god help me the day I have to use my weapon in self defense and face going to court because of it. This just goes to show how irresponsible people can and will find a way to purchase a fire arm and use them as they see fit. There's no way of preventing this, just something humans have to deal with. If more people tookt he time to go through firearms training and get the proper paperwork to carry their own fire arms this kind of crap could have been avoided (just my opinion on the matter).

Maybe not totally avoided but
he might of only got 1 victim or two
instead of 4 in the cafe and then 1
women in a car. He could of been taken out
right there before he could kill more..
If he just started shooting no one can really
protect against that but you can do damage control.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Maybe not totally avoided but
he might of only got 1 victim or two
instead of 4 in the cafe and then 1
women in a car. He could of been taken out
right there before he could kill more..

If someone had a legally concealed gun this could have been stopped sooner. Here are 3 examples and there are more at this LINK.

1. Marine opens fire in apartment parking lot

An Oklahoma City marine who was on leave suddenly began opening fire in the parking lot of his apartment complex late last year. Witnesses said he originally tried to go into the apartment complex’s main office, but after employees locked him out, he started to fire his gun in the parking lot. As he was firing, another citizen with a concealed handgun came around the corner and ordered him to drop his weapon. It worked and no one was hurt.

2. Restaurant owner shoots, kills armed robbers

Just a few short days ago, 2 suspects walked into a restaurant to order food. When the employee opened the register, one of the men pulled a handgun and threatened the employees. The suspect then reached over the counter and grabbed the money. He then turned and pointed the gun toward the owner of the restaurant who was sitting at a table in the middle of the restaurant. The owner pulled out his own gun, shot the criminal in the chest, and killed him.

3. Man killed in attempted robbery

In November 2009, career criminal Kevin Duane Dudley walked into an Alabama business with a sawed-off shotgun to commit armed robbery. Thankfully, some shoppers were able to distract Dudley long off for the owner of the store to retrieve his gun and defend himself. The owner ended up shooting and killing the criminal. Dudley had been tied to several other robberies in the area as well as a recent murder.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novaroc
I was in Capitol Hill this when this was going down, people were spreading the word quick. What made it even more weird was that I had just finished reading two articles in the Seattle Times about the shootings over the weekend in downtown. The front page headline reads Cops: Guns, not gangs, are issue.

Maybe I'm looking into it to much, but when I was told about today's shootings right after putting that paper down, it felt less shocking, just a little surreal. Probably just a coincidence.

A synchronicity, not a coincidence. They do that to 'catapult the propaganda.'

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join