It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spasm of two seperate shootings in under 5 minutes in Seattle cafe/downtown 4 dead Wack gun laws

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by schuyler

This was a small cafe just north of the "University District" where people with an elevated sense of style can have their $5.00 lattes along with a vegetarian quiche while listening to a string quartet play classical and avant garde pieces. It's not the kind of place where you expect people to be packing.

Hipsters are not really known for packing. I actually bet this will be good for business. I'd never heard of this place, and now kinda want to try the The Incredible Wonder Weiner.

this amazing, succulent king of hotdogs is the talk of the town! We split a polish dog in half, place a slice of bacon and grill to perfection, then we stuff it with cream cheese, green chilies and onions, serve it on a toasted bun spread with mayotard and waa-la, but due to the artery clogging potential, we recommend only one per week!

Om nom nom. I go to the occasional hipster hangout once in awhile, but stick out like a sore thumb.

Link

edit on 30-5-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Nice, now people going to visit Seattle
can try eating some of those weigners the racer i even remember it!!
I am very upset 4 people had to die though
atleast the criminal is dead, he killed himself
he is having fruits shoved up his ass by
the big guy downstairs..

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
I live for the day when a bad guy pulls out a weapon, and 35 onlookers have iron in their hands, and its the little old lady who has the magnum that says "Go ahead Punk, make OUR day"

seems we could make the gangs go away,

That would be wonderful.

Granny pulls a huge gun from her
bra area and makes the bad guy
eat lead!!

edit on 30-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by schuyler

This was a small cafe just north of the "University District" where people with an elevated sense of style can have their $5.00 lattes along with a vegetarian quiche while listening to a string quartet play classical and avant garde pieces. It's not the kind of place where you expect people to be packing.

Hipsters are not really known for packing. I actually bet this will be good for business. I'd never heard of this place, and now kinda want to try the The Incredible Wonder Weiner.

One of the radio broadcasts I heard (KOMO-1000) had an interview witg a local who suggested one of the victims was the owner.

this amazing, succulent king of hotdogs is the talk of the town! We split a polish dog in half, place a slice of bacon and grill to perfection, then we stuff it with cream cheese, green chilies and onions, serve it on a toasted bun spread with mayotard and waa-la, but due to the artery clogging potential, we recommend only one per week!

Om nom nom. I go to the occasional hipster hangout once in awhile, but stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm ashamed that my mouth is watering with that description. Sad day all around. Bad Guy took the coward's way out.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

hey wake up and refuse to be a victim...
refuse to be a victim

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

I'm ashamed that my mouth is watering with that description. Sad day all around. Bad Guy took the coward's way out.

I'm am glad he is dead, but I doubt
the cops would of had the balls to take
him out with this story being so huge
unless he of course just straight out
started firing at them..
The other route this ass hole
would of sat on death row for 20-30 years

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Update: He's not dead. KOMO and Seattle Times are taking back their statements and say he is in critical condition. KOMO-1000 article and Seattle Times article at about 6:00 pm.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

Somebody in the cafe was carrying a gun. That's how this happened.

Yep, a criminal was carrying a gun! Imagine that!

When law abiding citizens carry guns legally the crime rate is mysteriously lower!

Anybody that believes UK’s model of gun control is the way to go (damn near no one can own a firearm) should look at this study. What were the crime stats before UK outlawed guns compared to US?

International Crime Victimization Surveys of 1992 and 2000.

In general, the research shows that violent crime rates were lower in the UK than the United States in 1992. (Rated in percent of those interviewed responding ''yes'' to being victimized.)

• Burglary with entry: UK – 2.5% U.S. – 3.5%

• Robbery: UK – .9% U.S. – 1.7%

• Sexual assault of women: UK – .3% U.S. – 1.5%

• Assault with force: UK – 1.1% U.S. – 2.2%

Now, let’s look at some post-ban stats.

In the 2000 survey the researchers combined the three violent crimes of robbery, rape, and assault into one category entitled ''Selected Contact Crime.'' Here is what they report (post-ban for UK.)

• Burglary with entry: UK – 2.8% U.S. – 1.8%

• Selected contact crime: UK – 3.6% U.S. – 1.9%

These two reports were done with essentially the same criteria and methods, and they clearly show that while selected violent crime rates rose 100% in the UK, they fell 65 % in the U.S. During this time, Britain outlawed private ownership of firearms, while over 70 million additional civilian firearms were sold in the U.S.
link

Crime drops when LAW ABIDING CITIZENS are carrying firearms according to this study and others. I will concede that BAD GUYS in US are FAR MORE LIKELY to have a weapon because of the prevalence of guns in US, but overall it is safer because of the availability of guns in the hands of the right people.

It is what it is….

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Update: He's not dead. KOMO and Seattle Times are taking back their statements and say he is in critical condition. KOMO-1000 article and Seattle Times article at about 6:00 pm.

Great catch!! on the update

damn i wish this sucker was dead,
hopefully he will be on a feeding tube
and die a slow and painful death

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

A gunman opened fire at a Seattle cafe on Wednesday, killing three people, critically wounding two others and setting off a manhunt that forced officials to close nearby schools, authorities said.

Police searching for the suspect also had to respond to another fatal shooting near the city's downtown. They say a man killed a woman in an apparent carjacking and fled in a black SUV.

I wish someone in the cafe was carrying a gun
might have prevented this..

That poor lady carjacked and shot if she had
a gun she could of atleast tried to protect herself.

Two shooting under 5 minutes, very busy day..

These shooting are terrible, and there seems to be
plenty to go around.. Be careful out their people
Seatle shooting
and carry your guns.

I am pro-gun for Americans, it doesn't affect me in the UK, but I believe that the American people should be able to remove their government through force if necessary.

However, I think a lot of people make simplistic arguments about gun ownership.

For instance, having a gun does not immediately make you invincible. There could have been another three customers with guns in there, lets say that two of them had the immediate response to get their gun out, now they are targets for the shooter, and for each other in a chaotic situation.

If someone walks in and starts shooting, you duck, get your gun out, and then there are two people with guns, who do you shoot?

There is every chance that the two who did get their guns out would have shot each other before the original gunman.

As for the woman shot in the carjack, we don't know of the circumstances of that either. Simply having a gun does not make her immune to being shot at. What if the shooter came up behind her and just executed her? How has owning a gun helped?

Like I said, I am pro-gun for Americans (with strict controls on licensing) but the "radical" pro gun lobby would have us all believe that the act of simply owning a gun makes you somehow immune to violent crime, and that is simply not the case at all.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by popsmayhem

A gunman opened fire at a Seattle cafe on Wednesday, killing three people, critically wounding two others and setting off a manhunt that forced officials to close nearby schools, authorities said.

Police searching for the suspect also had to respond to another fatal shooting near the city's downtown. They say a man killed a woman in an apparent carjacking and fled in a black SUV.

I wish someone in the cafe was carrying a gun
might have prevented this..

That poor lady carjacked and shot if she had
a gun she could of atleast tried to protect herself.

Two shooting under 5 minutes, very busy day..

These shooting are terrible, and there seems to be
plenty to go around.. Be careful out their people
Seatle shooting
and carry your guns.

I am pro-gun for Americans, it doesn't affect me in the UK, but I believe that the American people should be able to remove their government through force if necessary.

However, I think a lot of people make simplistic arguments about gun ownership.

For instance, having a gun does not immediately make you invincible. There could have been another three customers with guns in there, lets say that two of them had the immediate response to get their gun out, now they are targets for the shooter, and for each other in a chaotic situation.

If someone walks in and starts shooting, you duck, get your gun out, and then there are two people with guns, who do you shoot?

There is every chance that the two who did get their guns out would have shot each other before the original gunman.

As for the woman shot in the carjack, we don't know of the circumstances of that either. Simply having a gun does not make her immune to being shot at. What if the shooter came up behind her and just executed her? How has owning a gun helped?

Like I said, I am pro-gun for Americans (with strict controls on licensing) but the "radical" pro gun lobby would have us all believe that the act of simply owning a gun makes you somehow immune to violent crime, and that is simply not the case at all.

Nothing will make you invincible
of course but it could not hurt to carry..
It is like a seatbelt, have it on ALWAYS
most of the time it will save your life in a crash
but SOMETIMES the seatbelt can be the CAUSE
of your death in crash, very rarely, but that happens.
Do you take the chance and not wear the seatbelt?
No you shouldn't..
it would not of hurt the lady any worse (regardless of circumstance)
who got car jacked
she is dead anyways..

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

hey wake up and refuse to be a victim...
refuse to be a victim

Fight fire with fire?

It’s hard to refuse to be a victim if your attacker is bigger/stronger than you and ARMED. However…my wife is 5ft and 115lbs but she can take out Mike Tyson (insert tough guy’s name) on the street because she will skillfully double tap him with her G27 (as instructed by her Marine husband and practiced many times
).

I wouldn’t mess with her…it isn’t worth it no matter what you think she has that you want!!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Sorry, but that proves nothing.

The UK has not had the level of access and private ownership of guns even close to that of America since Columbus. The idea that "removal" of gun ownership rights in the UK has done anything is ludicrous.

I have NEVER, in my 34 years of life, handled or even seen a gun. You seem to think that we were able to buy guns in the UK once as you do in the USA, not the case at all.

Also, the statistics are meaningless when it comes to public perception rather than real independent crime statistics. It is widely known that the perception of crime is far, far higher than the actual crime rates, and fear of crime is higher than the real risk of experiencing crime. These statistics are based on the fear of crime or perception of it, not on actual crimes reported.

As I said previously, I am for gun ownership in the USA. But the warping of common sense and data to support it is nonsense.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Sorry, but that proves nothing.

Sure it does…statistics (math) proves everything!

The UK has not had the level of access and private ownership of guns even close to that of America since Columbus. The idea that "removal" of gun ownership rights in the UK has done anything is ludicrous.

Why did crime rise??
There is no such thing as coincidence.

I have NEVER, in my 34 years of life, handled or even seen a gun. You seem to think that we were able to buy guns in the UK once as you do in the USA, not the case at all.

I stipulated that US has more guns…always has.

Also, the statistics are meaningless when it comes to public perception rather than real independent crime statistics. It is widely known that the perception of crime is far, far higher than the actual crime rates, and fear of crime is higher than the real risk of experiencing crime. These statistics are based on the fear of crime or perception of it, not on actual crimes reported.

This is true, but it doesn’t change the outcome of the surveys.

As I said previously, I am for gun ownership in the USA. But the warping of common sense and data to support it is nonsense.

No warping here. The fact remains that US citizens are much more capable of protecting themselves from tyrannical government (or criminals) than anyone in UK, which is another reason to continue to fight for our 2nd amendment rights (which you don't have).

edit on 30-5-2012 by seabag because: you posted before me!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I was in Capitol Hill this when this was going down, people were spreading the word quick. What made it even more weird was that I had just finished reading two articles in the Seattle Times about the shootings over the weekend in downtown. The front page headline reads Cops: Guns, not gangs, are issue.

The story is continued on page A7. On page A7, above the continuation, is another article about an alleged gang member shooting at an attacker and wounding a bystander.

On the opposite page, A6, they put in the story of the Ten Killed in Chicago (also by gunshot) Over Holiday Weekend.

Maybe I'm looking into it to much, but when I was told about today's shootings right after putting that paper down, it felt less shocking, just a little surreal. Probably just a coincidence.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Novaroc because: forgot to....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Update: OK. Bad Guy is now dead. He was a regular at the cafe and had been thrown out several times for disruptive behavior, but the cafe "wanted to be fair' and did not ban him outright. The victims appear to be just customers, but two were band members who played at the cafe. The chef was shot, but will survive. Same guy carjacked the SUV downtown half an hour later.

Bad Guy's brother said they could see it coming, that he had had a normal childhood, but had developed intense anger issues. No one could force him into treatment (you know, because he has "rights")

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Update: OK. Bad Guy is now dead. He was a regular at the cafe and had been thrown out several times for disruptive behavior, but the cafe "wanted to be fair' and did not ban him outright. The victims appear to be just customers, but two were band members who played at the cafe. The chef was shot, but will survive. Same guy carjacked the SUV downtown half an hour later.

Bad Guy's brother said they could see it coming, that he had had a normal childhood, but had developed intense anger issues. No one could force him into treatment (you know, because he has "rights")

Thanks for the update..
Good to hear the chef will survive
but this whole thing was senseless.
A butt hurt ass hole good riddance to this scum,
if there is a hell which I think there is he is there rest assure.
someone lost there mom's dads sister brother ect.

edit on 31-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately more and more only the criminals and cops have guns. The rest of us just have to duck and run.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Guns don't kill. People do. Gun laws are ignorant and make people immature with weapons and what they are used for. If you give a kid candy he will eat it and be satisfied afterwards. If you take his candy away he will find ways to lie and steal and make things worse. Just my two cents on how I feel

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Novaroc

That is an insane headline.

I know cops are stupid but I had no idea just how stupid.

To actually blame an inanimate hunk of metal. Especially when gangs are in the room?

That's right up there with blaming the child for being molested and giving the molester a high-five.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If you outlaw guns, then only outlaws will have guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join