It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spasm of two seperate shootings in under 5 minutes in Seattle cafe/downtown 4 dead Wack gun laws

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

A gunman opened fire at a Seattle cafe on Wednesday, killing three people, critically wounding two others and setting off a manhunt that forced officials to close nearby schools, authorities said.

Police searching for the suspect also had to respond to another fatal shooting near the city's downtown. They say a man killed a woman in an apparent carjacking and fled in a black SUV.

I wish someone in the cafe was carrying a gun
might have prevented this..

That poor lady carjacked and shot if she had
a gun she could of atleast tried to protect herself.

Two shooting under 5 minutes, very busy day..

These shooting are terrible, and there seems to be
plenty to go around.. Be careful out their people
Seatle shooting
and carry your guns.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I was under the impression that Americans had the right to bear arms???? Part of your constitution I believe...
Sadly this sounds very familiar to Australians who aren't allowed to carry guns yet criminals can acquire them very easily from corrupt police or the black market....

It's quite frightening that the world has come to this.. We are all but slaves, cash cows and target practice for the evil of this world..

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Somebody in the cafe was carrying a gun. That's how this happened.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wewillrise77
I was under the impression that Americans had the right to bear arms???? Part of your constitution I believe...
Sadly this sounds very familiar to Australians who aren't allowed to carry guns yet criminals can acquire them very easily from corrupt police or the black market....

It's quite frightening that the world has come to this.. We are all but slaves, cash cows and target practice for the evil of this world..

Well, certain districts have their
own laws. One city can have a total
handgun ban almost impossible
to get a permit like chicago while the next city
over you can carry no problem.
It is silly, it should be uniform.
In the state of Arizona all you need
is a background check to make sure
your not a felon which is somewhat
reasonable but i believe it should only
be violent felons. Anyways they try
to eat away at our gun rights, they have yet
to fully take them away which would be hard.
The felons just use illegal guns anyways
and will have them whenever they want..
Stay safe down under wish you guys well.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wewillrise77

in most states the right to bear arms does not cover carrying a concealed weapon to protect your self.and the ones that do let you carry a handgun,you have to have a permit. if they let you have one

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
was watching it all go down this morning live on Kiro and King, Seattle's local news networks.
lots of shootings in the Northwest.

noticed one guy came on for a partial on the scene interview, he was calling for STRICTER gun laws.
I had to change the channel and yelled SECOND AMENDMENT B$%$%4H lol.

it was fairly intense this morning, I almost didn't want to go out. they were showing those 2 scenes and a live fire..
it looked like so much crap was happening simutaneously.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuervo

Somebody in the cafe was carrying a gun. That's how this happened.

Your right, and Sadly the only one was the criminal.
Although this is unlikly to happen
statistic wise, IT DOES happen.
Can happen to anyone or ones family.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Isnt it a little too late...for TPTB to have "gun control" legislation? Rules are made to be broken. They armed the people....FOR A REASON! Guns don't kill people! People WITH guns, kill people. Why EXACTLY did we feel the need to build these WEAPONS? It certainly wasn't for hunting! Or WAS IT?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
was watching it all go down this morning live on Kiro and King, Seattle's local news networks.

noticed one guy came on for a partial on the scene interview, he was calling for STRICTER gun laws.

it was fairly intense this morning, I almost didn't want to go out. they were showing those 2 scenes and a live fire..

Harder gun laws, great idea.
Make it harder for the law abiding
citizens to get a gun not the law breakers.
It is like a door lock. It only keep good people
out for wondering into that territory.
The criminal throws a rock through the window
or uses a crow bar on the door..
By the way what happen to the guys?
edit on 30-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: One killed himself one down one to go

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just heard on radio, one of the guys committed SUICIDE..
let me get source link. they are still looking for the other

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

By the way you hear they catch these guys yet?

the suspect of the Roosevelt shooting committed suicide.

the second suspect is still on the run.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
There seems to be some kind of censorship on most self defense stories involving guns.I guess the progressives are displeased with such information.Good shoots happen A LOT and the news stays only local unless it goes racial of course.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It was very easy to get my CPL in Seattle. Went into the courthouse, filled out the form, got fingerprinted. WA is a shall issue state so if you've behaved you can carry. I carry everywhere. I've carried into the courthouse, you just turn the gun over to the Marshals.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

By the way you hear they catch these guys yet?

the suspect of the Roosevelt shooting committed suicide.

the second suspect is still on the run.

confirmed
abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
It was very easy to get my CPL in Seattle. Went into the courthouse, filled out the form, got fingerprinted. WA is a shall issue state so if you've behaved you can carry. I carry everywhere. I've carried into the courthouse, you just turn the gun over to the Marshals.

Wish you was at that Cafe you
would of made this guy into swiss cheese..

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wewillrise77

True enough, but there is an anti-gun mindset, especially in liberal cities like Seattle. This was a small cafe just north of the "University District" where people with an elevated sense of style can have their $5.00 lattes along with a vegetarian quiche while listening to a string quartet play classical and avant garde pieces. It's not the kind of place where you expect people to be packing.

But Washington State is what they call a "shall issue" state, which means the local police force must give you a concealed carry permit unless they can find a bona fide reason not to. Seattle, which is a city of 500,000 +, had 19 murders last year. I think this year they have already exceeded that.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

In Indiana you can get a permit online,quick trip to get fingerprints
comes back in the mail,If you've been good

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just got a update
THERE saying it is the same
guy that did both shootings
went off the head in the cafe
went to car jack the one lady
shot her then ended up shooting himself

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I live for the day when a bad guy pulls out a weapon, and 35 onlookers have iron in their hands, and its the little old lady who has the magnum that says "Go ahead Punk, make OUR day"

seems we could make the gangs go away,

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

This was a small cafe just north of the "University District" where people with an elevated sense of style can have their $5.00 lattes along with a vegetarian quiche while listening to a string quartet play classical and avant garde pieces. It's not the kind of place where you expect people to be packing.

Hipsters are not really known for packing. I actually bet this will be good for business. I'd never heard of this place, and now kinda want to try the The Incredible Wonder Weiner.

this amazing, succulent king of hotdogs is the talk of the town! We split a polish dog in half, place a slice of bacon and grill to perfection, then we stuff it with cream cheese, green chilies and onions, serve it on a toasted bun spread with mayotard and waa-la, but due to the artery clogging potential, we recommend only one per week!

Om nom nom. I go to the occasional hipster hangout once in awhile, but stick out like a sore thumb.

Link

edit on 30-5-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join