It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Round And Round We Go...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I was on Facebook today, and found a very interesting page. It's called, "The Correct Answer Is..." and it's listed as a comedian...but I've looked over the ridiculously hard questions posed to the administrator of that page, and it's clear this person has their head on straight.

One question I wanted to share with ATS is this: "Will WW3 be caused by the impending economic collapse?"

The answer:

Quite frankly, I agree with the basic message. Corporations want what's healthy for them, and the government is stuck with the cruddy job of making sure they are funded by those people, while keeping us happy at the same time.

Politics or economics? They feed off of each other, and we're the common food source. Unfortunately, all of our playing cards need money too...and guess where that comes from? You guessed it: government funding and/or corporate sponsors. There is not a single string of this web that doesn't have a dozen strings attached to it. Cut one line, and half the system goes crashing.

Welcome to the game.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I completely disagree with his thought process
He's obviously a neo-progressive who is for regulations & unions

Govt. is the only thing standing in the way of corporations and the people?
Really????

He is as brainwashed as the viewers he says are brainwashed

Govt. wants to become bigger and politicians richer
Lobbyists pay politicians for campaign money and kickbacks
Then more regulations are created which makes it harder and harder for small businesses to survive, which becomes an evolutionary process pointing towards a monopoly.
Then those politicians put these company execs that lobbyied into head seats in those same regulatory bodies

But Govt. is the one standing in between or Govt. creates the bridge that has corporations buypassing the people over their heads?

Govt. stands in the way of Monstanto for example?

edit on 30-5-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Have you seen the latest on the Illinois representative who actually declaimed the political process?

The only people who truly benefit from corporal agendas are the corporates themselves. The government may have corporates in their ranks, but corporations are not exclusive among them.

If you read the image, the truth is plain.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
The government may have corporates in their ranks, but corporations are not exclusive among them.

Money is exclusive!
And power

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It's a bit hard to exclude the people making everything you consume, isn't it?

Do you suggest keeping out the people responsible for funding and managing the manufacturing of every product you enjoy? They wouldn't appreciate that...in fact, they could simply move the entire company overseas and leave you without that product completely.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's a bit hard to exclude the people making everything you consume, isn't it?

No

Do you suggest keeping out the people responsible for funding and managing the manufacturing of every product you enjoy? They wouldn't appreciate that...in fact, they could simply move the entire company overseas and leave you without that product completely.

If there's no monopoly whatsoever and they move their jobs overseas then there's enough choice/competition out there for you to go elsewhere!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I'm getting the distinct impression that you don't fully understand the relationship between the government and the corporations...and our role in their dance.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm getting the distinct impression that you don't fully understand the relationship between the government and the corporations...and our role in their dance.

I explained their role and their relationship in my first post, you have yet to
So.....Are you sure about that?

I don't understand?
Lol, I can debate about this all night

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

You explained your understanding? Okay, let me have a look at that first.

This is obviously not true, or half of the world would be American. There is no better plundering to be had, or power to be amassed, than by conquering other countries. The fact that we have maintained our borders as they currently are for over a century says that we have no designs upon other nations.

I won't argue with that, but it doesn't explain how corporations and the government are in kahoots. The one relies upon the other, but also lays down restrictions. After all, the government is not just an entity...it consists of the same people bound by those rules.

Then more regulations are created which makes it harder and harder for small businesses to survive, which becomes an evolutionary process pointing towards a monopoly.

Survival of the fittest. If your business is worth it, it will make it. Sometimes you have to be brash and brave and all of that, but that just means you'll make it in the long run. A one-off businessman is no good to anyone.

Then those politicians put these company execs that lobbyied into head seats in those same regulatory bodies

Those politicians will never give more than they get. That is counterproductive to their game. Therefore, they have not given so much power to the corporations...they have thrown them a treat in exchange for a treasure chest of favors.

But Govt. is the one standing in between or Govt. creates the bridge that has corporations buypassing the people over their heads?

Who regulates the prices? Who determines what companies go where? Who checks the quality of services and makes sure the customers are reasonably satisfied? Who protects us from the evils of the corporations who could easily cram a moldy biscuit down our protesting throats to shut us up?

That's right. The government. The government has spawned every rule that keeps us safe from poisoning, from indiscreet food services, and from any number of dangers that these corporations can pose to a completely unprotected society.

The government is the shield that requires elbow grease to lift. It may be a struggle, but in the end, you just look at all of those arrows sticking in the other side. Look at how many times you could have paid dearly for being addicted to those services, those products provided by corporations. Look at those arrows, and tell me that you would much rather have the government and corporations gone.

Without the corporations, you have to do all of the work for that coffee you enjoy every day. Planting, watering, growing, harvesting, processing, checking, brewing, and then refining the process. Doing all of the analysis to find out what works and what doesn't. And during a bad year? Oops, your loss. So you rely on the corporations to do the grunt work while you peddle away at your office job, cursing your boss under your breath and drinking espresso that you didn't do a lick of work to produce.

And without the government, you have no way to know if those are quality beans or if those chemical additives are safe. You are the king, they are the test tasters. All it takes is one slip of the representative checking the supplies, and you've got a bad case of the flu. Who knows, maybe it's a Brazilian strain that will cost over $30,000 to treat. Or maybe it has no known cure, and you've just run out of time.

I don't understand?

I hope you do now. I just did a decent job of explaining it to you.

edit on 30-5-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You explained your understanding? Okay, let me have a look at that first.

This is obviously not true, or half of the world would be American. There is no better plundering to be had, or power to be amassed, than by conquering other countries. The fact that we have maintained our borders as they currently are for over a century says that we have no designs upon other nations.

I won't argue with that, but it doesn't explain how corporations and the government are in kahoots. The one relies upon the other, but also lays down restrictions. After all, the government is not just an entity...it consists of the same people bound by those rules.

Survival of the fittest. If your business is worth it, it will make it. Sometimes you have to be brash and brave and all of that, but that just means you'll make it in the long run. A one-off businessman is no good to anyone.

Those politicians will never give more than they get. That is counterproductive to their game. Therefore, they have not given so much power to the corporations...they have thrown them a treat in exchange for a treasure chest of favors.

Who regulates the prices? Who determines what companies go where? Who checks the quality of services and makes sure the customers are reasonably satisfied? Who protects us from the evils of the corporations who could easily cram a moldy biscuit down our protesting throats to shut us up?

That's right. The government. The government has spawned every rule that keeps us safe from poisoning, from indiscreet food services, and from any number of dangers that these corporations can pose to a completely unprotected society.

The government is the shield that requires elbow grease to lift. It may be a struggle, but in the end, you just look at all of those arrows sticking in the other side. Look at how many times you could have paid dearly for being addicted to those services, those products provided by corporations. Look at those arrows, and tell me that you would much rather have the government and corporations gone.

Without the corporations, you have to do all of the work for that coffee you enjoy every day. Planting, watering, growing, harvesting, processing, checking, brewing, and then refining the process. Doing all of the analysis to find out what works and what doesn't. And during a bad year? Oops, your loss. So you rely on the corporations to do the grunt work while you peddle away at your office job, cursing your boss under your breath and drinking espresso that you didn't do a lick of work to produce.

And without the government, you have no way to know if those are quality beans or if those chemical additives are safe. You are the king, they are the test tasters. All it takes is one slip of the representative checking the supplies, and you've got a bad case of the flu. Who knows, maybe it's a Brazilian strain that will cost over $30,000 to treat. Or maybe it has no known cure, and you've just run out of time.

I don't understand?

I hope you do now. I just did a decent job of explaining it to you.

edit on 30-5-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Don't know how to break up quotes like that, but it seems YOU are the one without a clue. "We have no designs upon other nations"??? Are you KIDDING me? Tell that to the SEVEN other nations we are actively invading and destroying RIGHT NOW, and the over 100 where we make them let us have military bases.

Ack. I can't go on. That right there is brainwashed idiocy personified. I think I'm gonna puke.

The world survived for thousands of years without the GOVT there to protect everyone. Worked out just fine.

new topics

top topics

join