It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who want's a job? 20,000 people do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Auto Jobs: Sign of the Times

Hyundai Motorsn Manufacturing Plant Bloomberg | Getty Images Hyundai Motors America Montgomery Manufacturing Plant It should not come as a surprise with unemployment over 8% that good paying jobs in manufacturing are harder than ever to land

At the Hyundai plant in Montgomery, Alabama more than 20,000 people have applied for one of the 877 job openings.

www.cnbc.com...

Wait i thought the economy was recovering?

From what people tell me things are just all fine and dandy this nation is out of the "worse economic recession since the great depression" , but when i look at numbers like these : 20,000 apply for a plant that has only 877 available, and then look back to last summer where 18,000 people applied, and the 41,000 applied and then 65,000 applied for jobs within the last 3 and half years and all over this country things are not as others claim.

They speak to a rather sad pathetic so called recovery and according to www.zerohedge.com... there are 88 million Americans not in the current labor force the highest on record.

A job A job my vote for a job!

Maybe ole cloward and piven really does explain the current political and socioeconomic climate:

The Cloward–Piven strategy is a political strategy outlined in 1966 by American sociologists and political activists Richard Cloward (1926–2001) and Frances Fox Piven (b. 1932) that called for overloading the U.S. public welfare system in order to precipitate a crisis that would lead to a replacement of the welfare system with a national system of "a guaranteed annual income and thus an end to poverty"

en.wikipedia.org...

It is by no stretch that those 88 million are drawing other forms of welfare via:unemployment,welfare(food stamps) and other well know forms of welfare; social security,medicare,medicaid,education et al.

Perhaps this is all by design that has led up to a 16 trillion dollar deficit and continued borrowing to pay for those social welfare programs.

When there are jobs available someone will work and they will accumulate wealth, and they will pay taxes, but then people won't need those social programs which means less government, but that would mean putting government officials out of work and when it comes right down to it look's like if it's a choice between you and their jobs?

You have gotten the shaft and will always get the shaft because they like that power and control over your life. A job and your own innate power to support yourself is something government can't stand or will ever tolerate hence the perpetual war on the rich and the war on the middle class and the war on the poor which can also be easily summed up as the war on the American citizen.

Government is not your friend will never be your friend and it has always been your enemy because the only thing government believes in is government for,of and by themselves.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I would like to point out one thing about conservatives in general:

On the one hand, the economy sucks and Obama has done a terrible job of helping things recover.

On the other, people who can't find a job are lazy and/or not looking hard enough and are just riding out their unemployment until the end.

So which is it?

From my own perspective, the economy legitimately stinks, and it won't make a difference no matter who we choose as President.

On the other hand, I definitely agree that the government is not anybody's friend.
edit on 30-5-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

On the other, people who can't find a job are lazy and/or not looking hard enough and are just riding out their unemployment until the end.

Speaking for myself and no others it comes down to effort and those who truly try to change their circumstance and who are out there continually trying and who never give up i do not have problems with.

Defeatism and when just throws their hands up and just totally give up and just try to exist.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama definitely needs to get the unemployment rate and the wild binge spending and the deficit as well as himself under control !!

We need a more Conservative approach to the money handling.

Maybe like what we saw with Bush !!!!!

What has Obama done with all that Money anyway ??

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

What has Obama done with all that Money anyway ??

Not helped the American Public,that's for sure.....................

top topics

join