It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disproving Young earth Creationism and biblical mythology

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

And then there's carbon dating accurately dating the earth with an error margin of only 1%

Either way, young earth creationism is complete and utter nonsense, and that's a FACT.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Yeah, right. Face the truth that all the races that exist on the earth today could not have evolved in only the last 4 or 5 thousand years (or whenever the flood supposedly was).

Bingo. The existence of various races of human is proof of old earth. There's a reason why the eskimos still have fairly dark skin, despite living in the cold arctic for 10,000 years. This move was fairly recent compared to the amount of time humans have been on the planet. It takes a long time plus drastic environmental changes for noticeable changes to happen.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Oh quit being so nitpicky with all those sensible statements. It doesn't really matter. I think there was a big water event but I doubt if it was global. Most people those days lived by lakeshores and in river deltas. To them it would have seemed like a worldwide flood. Perception is important. I have a hunch the event happened and it was a big event that raised the water levels up and buried a bunch of land temporarily. A continent sinking into the ocean would displace a lot of water for a while raising sea levels. Who knows, who really cares.

The young earth theory is an attempt to quickly explain how the earth was created and how we got here. Ask a scientist to explain it to you. You'd be so bored after about two days of his teaching that you'd never want to hear another word about it. Not many people now adays really want to know that much about how the earth was created, it's no where as interesting as Facebook. Think......is it really necessary to know all we know about the world's past life? Not really. I'd spend my time and money trying to keep this place from getting destroyed by man's destructive tendencies first.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

Originally posted by CB328
Yeah, right. Face the truth that all the races that exist on the earth today could not have evolved in only the last 4 or 5 thousand years (or whenever the flood supposedly was).

Bingo. The existence of various races of human is proof of old earth. There's a reason why the eskimos still have fairly dark skin, despite living in the cold arctic for 10,000 years. This move was fairly recent compared to the amount of time humans have been on the planet. It takes a long time plus drastic environmental changes for noticeable changes to happen.

Actually science and basic math tell us the contrary. Now before I jump in, let me be clear...I am not a YEC. I am a Christian, but I believe the earth and the universe to be much older (based on the Bible!!!). In other words, the Bibls doesn't teach YEC at all.

In any case, the world's population all together would all fit on land the size of England. Although 6.5 Billion seems like a lot of people, it's not when concerned with the amount of space we take up on earth.

If the flood weren't true, there would be many billions of more people, and many billions of more remains of human skeletons etc.

Just study the growth rate of populations and you'll see that the timeline is actually very accurate to the Biblical timeline post flood.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

If the flood weren't true, there would be many billions of more people, and many billions of more remains of human skeletons etc.

We KNOW a global flood never happened because it's A) physically impossible, B) at no point was there ever enough water around to submerge everything, and C) there is ZERO geological evidence for a global flood...and even that would 100% left some evidence behind.

In short, the global flood myth is complete and utter nonsense. And as for the bible, it's littered with hundreds of cases where it's simply factually wrong.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
wait.

No one honestly believes that human beings coexisted with dinosaurs right? Not outside of the Flintstones anyway.

Who believes that people lived along side dinosaurs?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
wait.

No one honestly believes that human beings coexisted with dinosaurs right? Not outside of the Flintstones anyway.

You'd be surprised

The state-of-the-art 70,000 square foot museum brings the pages of the Bible to life, casting its characters and animals in dynamic form and placing them in familiar settings. Adam and Eve live in the Garden of Eden. Children play and dinosaurs roam...

LINK

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Holy mother of Hambone!

How can anybody take something like that seriously? All one has to do is read a book. One without a + on the cover.

Wheres the facepalm icon?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun
Actually science and basic math tell us the contrary. Now before I jump in, let me be clear...I am not a YEC. I am a Christian, but I believe the earth and the universe to be much older (based on the Bible!!!). In other words, the Bibls doesn't teach YEC at all.

In any case, the world's population all together would all fit on land the size of England. Although 6.5 Billion seems like a lot of people, it's not when concerned with the amount of space we take up on earth.

Just study the growth rate of populations and you'll see that the timeline is actually very accurate to the Biblical timeline post flood.

The population numbers aren't the problem, nor is the space we take up. The problem is the amount of resources we consume. If you look at population growth history it was slow and steady for most of our history. It didn't even hit 500 million until around a thousand years ago. Then medicine and vaccines were invented and the population skyrocketed exponentially. It practically increased by 6 billion within a 100 year period. That's dangerous if the trend continues. So, no, a flood wouldn't have meant billions and billions of more people.

There was never a global flood. Several isolated floods, yes, but not the whole planet at once. Nothing would have survived besides marine life and other select organisms. Think about it. If Noah was the sole survivor why did hundreds of other cultures survive to write about it?

The reason the time line sounds similar is because the ice age ended 10,000-12,000 years ago which brought flooding all over the place. There's also a good chance an asteroid impacted the Indian ocean around 7000 BC. Both events surely would have led to flood myths and legends being written about them.

You'd be surprised

The state-of-the-art 70,000 square foot museum brings the pages of the Bible to life, casting its characters and animals in dynamic form and placing them in familiar settings. Adam and Eve live in the Garden of Eden. Children play and dinosaurs roam...

Wow. I can't believe that place is still around and that people are still dumb enough to pay $30 a ticket to go to there.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
wait.

There's a creationist museum in Kentucky that shows exactly that.

ETA: Never mind, someone beat me to it.

creationmuseum.org...
edit on 7/10/2012 by HappyBunny because: Never mind, someone beat me to it!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

1 what did carnivores eat on the ark? Genesis 6:21

“And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.”
In short God told noah to bring enough food and the apropriat types for the animals.

2 if all creatures were created by a benevolent loving god why is there a species of wasp that lays its egg inside a tarantula eating it from the inside out?

pre sin (garden of eden) all animal were vegitarians, we were the ones who caused sin, and animals to start eating each other.

3 If we are not descended from an apelike creature then why do we share so many similar to apes including looks behavior and DNA?

well they also say that mice and elephants have very similar DNA yet they look nothing alike. Also humans are the only species on the planet that have such diffrent facial feautres, from face to face primates look almost identical where as humans can look drasticly diffrent.

4 How did Jesus come back from the dead?

He was God in a body he can do what he wants, he could have flown around shooting pixie sticks out of his eyes if he wanted to.

5 How did Noah Fit every singe animal on the ark without the boat sinking?

The same way we do it with modern ships there designed to float with the weight they hold. this is actually a common misconception with the ark, Noah really didnt have to take that many creatures on the ark. if it didn't need land to survive it wasent on the ship, and there werent as many species back then as there are now, because micoevolution hadnt changed species all that much, and humans didnt bread out all the diffrent types of farm and domestic animals.

6 If there were only two people at the begening of time and they had kids wouldn't that lead to incest

yeah it did, heck it happened for a long time after too, lot's daughters got him drunk and skrewed him.its happened all throughout human existence it wasent seen as such a taboo thing until late modern times.

7 If there was only two people at the beginning of time then why are there so many different races today?

the tower of babel, and micro evolution.

8 How did your god create life can you explain how it works

no, because hes God and im not, hes above everything he can do whatever he wants. modern man still has no clue how life was created.

9 Why are the continents moving apart at a rate that would put them together millions of years ago?

how do we know they didnt move faster at a diffrent time ? what if there was a super massive earthquake that ripped everything apart (not saying the continents ended up where they are with just one quake). the problem is we don't really know that much about our earth all we have is theories.

10 How did animals that live in Australia get there if the ark ended up on a mountain?

swam there, taken there by man, floated there on plant debris, land bridges, etc. The same way animals make it to new places all the time.

11 If humans are special creatures then why do we share the traits of violence Rage warfare with animals?

were all sinful.
12 If Humans lived at the same time with dinosaurs then wouldn't cave man drawings show dinosaurs?

there are cave paintings of dinosaurs, and statues, and not just primitive ones the Babylonian's and many other ancient civilizations have paintings and statues that resemble dinosaurs that we have discovered.

13 If the planet is 6000 years old then why are there societys that are 1200 years old?

I was taught it was 10,000 to 12,000 years, 6,000 makes no sence if you go by the geniology of the bible.

14 if evolution is false then why have we found bones of Cretures that look like primive humans?

you just stated earlier that man has some facial similarities to apes, so how do we know they werent just a diffrent ape,

15 If Cristanity is the one true religion and the bible is truth in evryword then expalin to me why there are so many diffrent religions out there.

man strays from god, look at what happened to the jews when they left egypt mosses leaves for a few days and comes back to them worshipping a cow.One of the hardest things for man is to have patiencs, if its not infront of us we go nuts. God isn't really known for doing things ASAP so we get tired and look else where.

I hope what I have written helps you through your life journy, thankyou for seeking.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join