It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Little Girl Killed by a US Missile: Tracing One Tragic Story in Our Horrific Drone War

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd
reply to post by Nspekta

I am far from a troll. That being said, I couldn't possibly care any less than I do about some girl dying. I didn't know her, I didnt care about her, and her death doesn't impact my life in any manner at all. I care about the things that do matter to me...my life, my family, and their well being. If you died in your sleep tonight, I wouldn't lose a nanoseconds worth of sleep and your death would be meaningless to me.

I only care about the things that are important to me, and that matter in the lives of my family and I.

That is not cold, heartless, sick, etc etc. That is reality.

Ha, you are heartless! You are so selfish and wrapped up in your own world, you don't care about any innocent people dying? Infact, i don;t believe you.. you ARE a troll!

The fact that you AND your family are funding and therefore, supporting, the death of innocents SHOULD matter to you.Their blood is on your hands too, and if you can't see that, then I am right in saying that you are completely brainwashed from government propaganda. Just because the deaths are happening on the other side of the planet is of no consequence.

So go back to your little perfect life. Who cares if innocent people are dying in your name right? Who cares that that little girl will never get to experience life because of YOUR GOVERNMENT!
Again, you make me sick and I hope that when the drones start striking in the US, you don;t have to experience the death of a loved one because of it because it will truly shatter your world.
Do you really want you children to grow up knowing that their father couldn't care less when innocent people are murdered?
edit on 5/30/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

so the fact that the POSUS and Co.
are psychopaths that get off on murdering and torturing
people willy nilly doesn't concern you?

sigh, birds of a feather i suppose...

1-Do you actually believe that POTUS sat in a meeting and stated "Well, thats it guys, lets go blow up some kids with our badass missiles"??????

It's a safe assumption I despise the United States government more than just about anyone here on ATS. That being said, you are giving them way too much credit.

I'll even play devils advocate here and accept their version of events as the truth for arguments sake. If a little girl must be blown up in order to also decimate an enemy, than it is an acceptable loss.

2- Allow me to throw a hypothetical at you involving everyones most hated leader: If you had the chance to blow up a school bus containing 50 kids and Adolf Hitler in 1939, would you?
Any sane, rational, and common sensical person would. I'm not saying you must enjoy it, but the greater good must prevail.

1- yes he does 17-Year-Old Girl Included On Obama's Secret 'Kill List'

President Barack Obama’s unconstitutional secret ‘kill list’ includes a 17-year-old girl along with several American citizens, according to a New York Times report.

“Mr. Obama has placed himself at the helm of a top secret "nominations" process to designate terrorists for kill or capture, of which the capture part has become largely theoretical. He had vowed to align the fight against Al Qaeda with American values; the chart, introducing people whose deaths he might soon be asked to order, underscored just what a moral and legal conundrum this could be,” reports the NY Times, adding that one of the targets in Yemen is “a girl who looked even younger than her 17 years,” and that “Several were Americans.”

ignorance is bliss

2- no, sane rational people do not attempt to create temporal paradoxes, which even if successful could result in worse and simply sweep the problem into the next alternate timeline

ignorance is bliss

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

I will simply say "who would you rather support, men that use human shields or men that are human shields?"

so you don't support the federal government
which has daycare centers in many of their buildings

despite timothy mcveigh

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Not caring about the death of someone I don't know does not make me selfish. I simply have more important things in life to concern myself with than the death of some girl in afghanistan.

I only care about things that impact my life, whether negative or positive.

How many hours of sleep will you lose tonight weeping for the loss of someone you don't know? Or are you just another internet ranger who rants about it on various forums but does nothing about it in reality?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
to the dumbies that support this sort of thing:
its coming to a your house sometimes soon
enjoy

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I agree with free from the herd, that it is not by concern that a girl is killed by a missle. Sure it is disapponting such a thing happened, but millions of people die everyday why should I care about her when there are other issues in my life to be dealt with. Flame at me if you want, but I do not care about the choice of words.
edit on 30-5-2012 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Words like that do not hurt me as I have already accepted that I am dumb

Stop insulting other people's opinions that are not you're cup of tea, respect them and move on.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ya it pretty much is.. They have been talking about the police getting drones.. Here is something to think about..

Police Departments Plan to Equip Drones with Rubber Bullets and Tear Gas

And..

Drones to the rescue ~ Repairing local economies in Ohio, coming to your State soon!

So the same thing that is happening over there is probably going to start happening here... So since we allowed it to happen we will lose the 2 important things in american lives... Liberty and Security... Oh well we didnt need them anyway...
edit on 5/30/2012 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
reply to post by pavil

The strike happened at a compund ( AT THEIR HOME).. So where is this little girl supposed to hide? Where is it safe in her country AT ALL?! The whole place is under surveillance and i would guess you could be anywhere there and be killed within 10 minutes as a drone is most likely somewhere near you at any given moment.

The US prides itself on being accurate and precise, yet they are constantly proving otherwise. Do you think its right that innocents should be killed?

You say "if I was fighting the war".. yeah yeah yeah.. You try fighting a war against drones. Basically you could never go anywhere near your family EVER.. OH wait that doesnt matter.. They could easily just kill your family at any given point, and would anyone say anything? Prolly not.. they would just say.. "Oh well, we thought he was home.. but it was only his wife and daughters... meh, at least we blew up any terrorist documents he may have had in his house. GO USA"

You make me sick

Quite honestly, I don't care how I make you feel. Innocent civilians die ALL the time in war. I say that as a matter of fact, not as a matter of right or wrong. Don't act so shocked. To be perfectly frank, her father put her in a very dangerous situation. Where's your outrage for Daddy taking his 2 wives and 4 children with him as he was waging jihad. Yes, I would have preferred only the AQ men died, but that's not how war works, especially with people who think they should have their family with them while they wage war.

As to where the girl should have hid......certainly not with her father and a senior AQ leader. If the girl were at home and her father wasn't around with his AQ buddies, then she would still be alive.

Yes, if there is a war where at any time a missile can rain down and kill you, you by all means keep away from your family if you want them to be safe. If you going to play war, it's total war. You don't get time out for family vacations. Don't involve your loved ones. Period. If you don't like that, then don't fight an enemy who can reach out and grab you at anytime.

As to your perceived claim that they were in their own home....AQ seems to claim differently. Don't you think they would have done the PR campaign of "Big bad Americans killing innocents in their home" rather than admitting the families were traveling with the AQ men?

From the original article:

n the religious rhetoric used by Al-Qaida’s online allies, Fatima was a “martyr.” In an statement quoted by Long War Journal, the al-Ansara forum said the senior al-Qaida commander Mustaf abu Yazid had been killed in a “convoy of martyrs on the road with his wife and three daughters and his granddaughter, men, women and children, neighbors and loved ones.” But Fatima was not Yazid’s daughter, according to Noor who reported from the scene. She was the daughter of another man who lost two wives and three children in the barrage.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You wouldn't be saying this if that had been your daughter or grand daughter............apathy, not able to feel another mother/grand mother's sorrow.

Doesn't affect you.................give it time, it will.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Good reply and America, yes you will get yours.

All you heartless, soulless entities your time is coming.

This is not a threat.........what goes around comes around and karma is a bitch only if you are.

You support this frap you by your compliance and silence condone it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Quite honestly, I don't care how I make you feel. Innocent civilians die ALL the time in war. I say that as a matter of fact

Heartless..............you would not be saying this if it were you or your loved ones.

War is primitive and should stop.

Bush jr. lied about WMD. He lied and his administration brought down the twin towers via a false flag.

Mass murderers YOU CONDONE by your apathy.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by pavil

Quite honestly, I don't care how I make you feel. Innocent civilians die ALL the time in war. I say that as a matter of fact

Heartless..............you would not be saying this if it were you or your loved ones.

War is primitive and should stop.

Bush jr. lied about WMD. He lied and his administration brought down the twin towers via a false flag.

Mass murderers YOU CONDONE by your apathy.

As to your point, if it were my family. If I were taking them along with me, while I fought (which I would never do), then if they died due to my warlike actions, I would blame myself for their deaths, not my foe.

You come on back to me after meditating for another 100 years.......Mankind had ALWAYS known war and violence. Killing people who mean you harm is not mass murder. It's unfortunate that innocents have to die in such actions, but they do. It's regrettable they died, not regrettable that the AQ Leader and his henchman did die. I truly feel no remorse for those men being killed. War almost always involves death, especially of innocent civilians, been that way forever.

I suppose no one innocent dies in your town.....unfortunately it happens almost every day where I live. Where's your pseudo outrage over that? What about what's going down with Assad in Syria killing his OWN civilians. Better that you donate money to the KONY 2012 website and feel better about yourself.

Mankind has always known violence, always will. You may not like that, but that's the way it is.
edit on 30-5-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

First and foremost I am not a heartless monster, understand war has casualties.

things you need to know

The Islamic world has Declared a holy war on all Americans and Jews..
(yes you cosmopolitan fools that means you too)

Do you want your female loved ones enslaved in a barbaric tradition?

Do you want to see your daughters raped and the rapist get away with it? It will be there word against a someones word that means nothing.

Do you have any gay friends? They will be killed on sight

Are you Pagan? Death instantly

Not enough for you...

They plan to slowly invade us and twist our laws against us leaving us helpless. Do not believe me, sneek into one of there religious services...

As for the dead

What about this soldiers family? So his death you approve of?

I guess there murder doesnt matter

or especially these

You have to understand something and it is key. Why are the terrorist hiding in areas highly populated with civilians? Why not operate in the open and directly challenge the US military?

Why are they hiding and using civilians as shields?

So no the USA did not get this little girl killed.

Do not lay it at the veterans feet. This, after all, is the hope and change you voted for. Voting is a choice that controls military decisions.

(Just so you know and can flame me personally. I wholeheartedly support the use of drones and the expansion of their use.)

The only thing the terrorist speak is fundamentalist terrorism. And since none of you approved the funds for the earlier use of hearts and minds strategies that would of worked, you leave only violence as a tool. Remember it was more important to pass healthcare reform then watch the store.

You made your choices, and these choice lead to the death of this little girl

Conclusion,

Mods I apologize it is IMHO, however ugly the truth is. It is the truth. The Islamic world and American freedoms do not go hand in hand. So they attacked US

The Fundamentalist brought this on themselves by attacking america and now are trying to use PR to turn the tide. Ruthlessness is required in return and like, not weakness (it is how they view it)

The ones who think this is Americas fault have it wrong. Those who blame america are the ones who are to blame in equally responsibility as the terrorist.

This little girl died when she should have been growing up free. I morn her passing as she was sacrificed on the altar of stupidity by tribal ignorance.

Little one may your soul shine through the halls of Valhalla and your next incarnation be marvelous and happy.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

You wouldn't be saying this if that had been your daughter or grand daughter............apathy, not able to feel another mother/grand mother's sorrow.

Doesn't affect you.................give it time, it will.

Congratulations for repeating what I already said.
Or was there a point you were trying to prove?

I have more important things in my life than to be concerned with how a complete stranger feels.

Hell, I don't care how the people on my street feel, Unless I know someone, and care about them, being concerned about someone else's feelings is a complete waste of time, whether that feeling is sorrow or happiness.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hi,

Drone strikes in the middle east are quite common the way I look at it. However, what I'm worried with is that with every civilian killed, just how many more will take up arms (or become terrorists...depending on how you look at it)?

Perpetual war. Endless bloodshed.

Imagine if your beloved cousin or daughter or friend died when he/she didn't do anything wrong and your government can't do anything about it, would you take matters into your own hands and take revenge? Say for example, after september 11th happened the US decided not to find OBL due to $$ or something and a good old friend of yours died there. Would you want revenge? This applies to both sides..the military, and the 'enemy' we're fighting today. Recruitment is so easy nowadays.

And to one of the posters above, Islam will never take over the world.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Ok, america.. You can sleep soundly tonight! You are in a much safer world since a hellfire drone strike killed ANOTHER innocent little girl in a country far far away. PHEW!

Ugh... I know i may be going overboard with the drone strike threads, BUT, I really think this needs to gain more attention!
Imagine if it was reversed! Some other country has invaded yours under guise of helping you out, but really they are there to gain your resources. And to keep everyone in check, they have drones flying around above you that could, at any moment, massacre you and your family, just because...

This is wrong! This needs to stop!

Thoughts?!

War is an ugly thing. You may be unaware, but American children died on 9-11. Attempts were made to go through the proper legal channels, yet the Taliban were uncooperative. You raise a question, what if the situation was reversed? (First Scenario)1)The US government would have moved quickly to round up all of those involed. 2)The US would have no choice but to extradite, following a global outcry for justice. 3) The US tax payer would help to pay reperations to the families of the fallen. (Second Scenario)1) The US government thumbs its nose at the world, and it helps to create a safe haven for the criminals involved. 2) Amidst global outcry, the US suggests that it will protect the fugitives with force, if necessary. 3) A UN coalition impunes US sovereignty and invades the US. 4) With the exception of isolated groups, Americans join the coalition in the ouster of the sitting government. 5) We all feel bad about the collateral damage, but we realize that it could have all been avoided by following the first scenario.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You justifying it cause its half a world away is wrong on sooo many levels... PS, nice first post. You start your ATS life off trolling and showing your true colors right away.. your mom must be proud
edit on 5/30/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

And you aren't trolling? "I'm gonna write a cool anti-US, anti-US Military thread on ATS. All the cool kids will give me stars and think I'm bitchin'!!"

Yeah, whatever.

What about the kids killed by the Taliban? No tears for them, huh?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Good reply and America, yes you will get yours.

All you heartless, soulless entities your time is coming.

Yep, and you'll be there, laughing away as American kids are killed, right?

Pathetic. But, that's typical for ATS. Buncha losers just praying for the downfall of America and can't wait to see American civilians, especially kids, murdered.

Get a life.

This is not a threat.........what goes around comes around and karma is a bitch only if you are.

You support this frap you by your compliance and silence condone it.

Yep, it came around on 11 Sep 2011. Sorry if our Karma is biting people in the ass.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

wise up if you think these Agfghan/Pakistani peasants "mean you harm"- you swallow your ruler's words, hook line and sinker.

How about the US stops acting the imperial maggot and leaves countries alone

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join