It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas pastor calls on U.S. government to kill LGBT people

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
LOL too funny hahah, im sorry. but it is.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
damn man, im not gonna go into what i htink about homosexuality,but gays are people to, shouldn't target people like that. they're not causing any damage by being gay.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
damn man, im not gonna go into what i htink about homosexuality,but gays are people to, shouldn't target people like that. they're not causing any damage by being gay.

I respect what you are are saying. Personal beliefs and values are just that; personal. The idea that any faith-based group should have a say in the treatment of others is absurd and un-American. You don't have to love your neighbor or agree with his lifestyle or beliefs. But you do have to respect his rights as an individual to live the way he wants and believe what he wants.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I know what its like to be part of a religion and profess its ”good parts” while ignoring the bad and ugly. I don't stereotype members of any faith. If someone saysthey're a Christian I am not flooded with preconceived notions about what kind of person they are.

There are all kinds of people that claim the Christian faith, from child molesters to philanthropists. That is the case with any religion as well as people of no faith.

But despite the commonly stated teachings of tolerance, God through his supposed words professed intolerance to the point of eternal damnation.

All religions by nature are intolerant of anyone who doesn't practice their rituals or who break their moral code. Individual members may be tolerant but the religion is not.
edit on 5/30/2012 by dbloch7986 because: punctuation

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by draco49

I respect what you are are saying. Personal beliefs and values are just that; personal. The idea that any faith-based group should have a say in the treatment of others is absurd and un-American. You don't have to love your neighbor or agree with his lifestyle or beliefs. But you do have to respect his rights as an individual to live the way he wants and believe what he wants.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

You don't have to love or agree with anyone but their rights should be respected.

Excellent sentiment that summarizes how I feel.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
God created every man and beast and all life forms. Does God make mistakes? The only way to answer to this terrorist is No, God does not make mistakes.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
reply to post by micmerci

I know what its like to be part of a religion and profess its ”good parts” while ignoring the bad and ugly. I don't stereotype members of any faith. If someone saysthey're a Christian I am not flooded with preconceived notions about what kind of person they are.

There are all kinds of people that claim the Christian faith, from child molesters to philanthropists. That is the case with any religion as well as people of no faith.

But despite the commonly stated teachings of tolerance, God through his supposed words professed intolerance to the point of eternal damnation.

All religions by nature are intolerant of anyone who doesn't practice their rituals or who break their moral code. Individual members may be tolerant but the religion is not.
edit on 5/30/2012 by dbloch7986 because: punctuation

Listen to the glee of the crowd during this "cute" song about "homos"

Jeeze, how pathetic.

CJ

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I often wonder how many followers of organized religion would cling to their holy books and traditions after experiencing '___'...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

So you want to get rid of these too?
Jewish Synagogue and the Muslim Mosque?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Yes let the religious show themselves for what they truly are. This is how the god of your bible wants you to behave toward your fellow man.

Spin it, baby. Make it something it's not. Bash Christians.

Do you think even the stupidest atheist on ATS would believe that crap you just typed? I don't think you'd find ONE religious ATSer who would agree with this moron in Kansas.

You've shown yourself for what you truly are, that's for sure.

edit on 30-5-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I don't support gay marriage etc, but I don't support murder either. How can that guy have an influence over any person with an attitude like that? I hope that bastard burns in hell for his bleak outlook and I'm sure he has a few other ideas regarding others to go along with that. Imagine if those psychopaths actually got to a powerful position in any country...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well google this total Christian Bashing kid cursing jerk wad. DAN SAVAGE
The douche bag touted by the present administration. yuck

edit on 5/30/2012 by longjohnbritches because: yuck

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
reply to post by draco49

So you want to get rid of these too?
Jewish Synagogue and the Muslim Mosque?

I don't want to "get rid of" any belief structure. It's my contention that everyone has the right to believe in what they want, and live the life they want. Christian, Muslim, Jewish... it doesn't matter. I have no personal problems with any of it. What I have a problem with is the indoctrination and dogma that these organized faiths instill which leads to the abandonment of rational mind. In that sense, ALL of the organized religions are guilty. But it is up to the individual to either accept or reject the tenets espoused by these religious organizations, and it is incumbent upon everyone, regardless of what they believe, to respect the rights of those who believe or live differently. It's spelled out quite clearly in the Constitution.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Aren’t they supposed to build a big electric fence first then kill them?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Sorry folks, this IS Christianity.

If you don't want to be lumped in with these lunatics then stop using the same label they do.
Stop renewing your membership to the same club year after year.

If the NRA started telling everyone that Gays should be killed and the Government should do it,
guess what?????

I cancel my membership to the NRA.
Does this mean I no longer like guns?
Does it mean I no longer believe in the second amendment?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

It ONLY means that I no longer want to be affiliated with these people and don't want to be identified with them.

I am not asking anyone to STOP believing in God or Jesus.
Just stop identifying with "Christianity"
Being "Christian" DOES NOT MEAN WHAT IT USED TO!!!!!

Putting a FAG in your mouth doesn't mean what it used to either!!!
GET IT?

Language is fluid and as long as you call yourself a Christian then you are going to be lumped in with these psychopaths who have hijacked your faith.

Now, you can be a hard ass and say "I aint goin' no where, tell THEM to stop".
Guess what princess?
They aren't going to stop.
They have hijacked your faith.
You are going to have to walk away.
You are going to have to be the one who folds up shop and finds a different name to call yourself cuz....
from where I stand, Being a "christian" isn't something I would want to admit anymore.

Just ask me,
I used to be one of you.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
How does one Pastor in the States get away with asking for the death of homos

but another jailed for saying kids should be spanked.

American law is so corrupt and wrong.....

If someone can explain why the one got jailed and the other did not????
An american would be preferred!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

So you believe these Christian bashing threads are just BS.
Might as well bash governments for being equal opportunity killers.
They kill them all women, gay women, men , gay men, kid, before they can even make up their minds. No religion is exempt.
The Pastor didn't realize that the government was doing his bidding already.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
reply to post by draco49

So you believe these Christian bashing threads are just BS.
Might as well bash governments for being equal opportunity killers.
They kill them all women, gay women, men , gay men, kid, before they can even make up their minds. No religion is exempt.
The Pastor didn't realize that the government was doing his bidding already.

I don't know what your argument is. I despise the comments made by the pastor, but I respect his right to say it and express his beliefs. I do think he's skating the line of free speech - hate speech and speech inciting violence are not considered protected free speech. That being said, I agree that the government is an equal opportunity killer - no dispute from me on that.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
How does one Pastor in the States get away with asking for the death of homos

but another jailed for saying kids should be spanked.

American law is so corrupt and wrong.....

If someone can explain why the one got jailed and the other did not????
An american would be preferred!!

Because one pastor is crazy and the other is not.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Did he forget that Jesus came back? I mean yes in the Old Testament it does say that wages for sin are death but Jesus took that punishment therefore his argument in invalid. Talk out against homosexuality because its a sin sure, do it in a positive manner but still respect them as equals under the Lord, sure. But to call for their death is not responsible, I agree with you this man is using Jesus in the wrong wrong wrong wrong way.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join