It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas pastor calls on U.S. government to kill LGBT people

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

A bit? Really. Coloring the entirety of a religion with the actions/words of this bigot is a "bit" of stereotyping? Wow. What's a lot?

Christians in general are not, despite efforts to color them otherwise, bigots. Are there some who are? Of course, this "pastor" is living proof of that.

On the flip side of that coin are the religious leaders who are driving forces in the work for equal rights for all. Not just some, but all.

A prime example would be the many religious leaders who lead marches during the civil rights movement. The ones who risked life and limb supporting the resistance in Occupied Europe, sheltering any who needed it. That same sort of work goes on quietly, without fanfare, today all around you.

You don't notice because there aren't any flashy youtube videos, or demagoguery from the pulpit...because it's not about them, it about helping. Unnamed. Unknown. ...and mocked by people who can't look past the bad to see the good that's done every day.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by stanguilles7

You do realize that you are referring to non-Christian doctrine, right?

Apparently I dont. How so? Are you saying Christians dont follow the old testament as well as the new?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
These poor inbred hicks are only one generation removed from handling snakes in church, and I'm pretty sure they still speak in tongues. So they're really not that far removed from chucking a virgin into a volcano when you think about it.

Ah religion, you gotta love it.

So sayeth the shephard, so sayeth the flock.

It's why I've never believed Obama when he tries to distance himself from Jeremiah Wright. If you go to a mans church for that long, you share his views.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Did I not call it that somebody would paint Kansas as primitive backassward hicks? I know you're probably just referring to the horrible people espousing this hateful brand of religion, but still I take it personally. Sorry
edit on 30-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheXoor
This pastor is a nut-job.

Even so, I bet this kind of story brings great but secret joy to many in the "LGBT Community." Because it makes them feel like threatened victims. Some lunatic making totally unrealistic threats is nothing for anyone to fear, but you can be sure many are secretly delighted, hunkering down in that warm inner feeling of victimhood-without-true-threat. Oooh, ooooh, I'm an oppressed minority, bask in the glory of my victimhood! See all the scary people who want to hurt me! Must be positively warm and fuzzy for all those LGBT folks who cling to their identities as source of that special glow of victimhood.

NOBODY enjoys being the target of hate and bigotry. Especially not to the extent that their extermination is being publicly called for, If you think people in the LGBT community are in any way happy about this, you're delusional.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Did I not call it that somebody would paint Kansas as primitive backassward hicks? I know you're probably just referring to the horrible people espousing this hateful brand of religion, but still I take it personally. Sorry

I don't mean to paint all the folks who live there with the same brush, just the wacko's, and unfortunately there seem to be a lot of them. Between this wingnut and Phelps it doesn't help the overall view.

So yes I was talking about this particular shepherd and his flock. No smart Kansan would join this church.

Kind of sad that for most of us the shallow end of the gene pool makes the news more often than the deep end.
edit on 30-5-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

So, America likes to attack, imprison, torture and kill those who threaten its citizens from another country, but a preacher can use the excuse of religion to call for murder on their own soil, and nothing is done?

I'm confused, how can someone be a justified target for a drone attack for having an unconfirmed opinion or intention to attack or facilitate an attack on American citizens or interests, but a Christian religious extremist inside America can call for genocide without even a visit from the local PD.

There is freedom of opinion and expression, but you know FOR A FACT, that if this man were Muslim, preaching about the genocide of Americans, he'd be in gitmo faster than you could blink.

Why is it okay for a Christian crazy to preach intolerance, hatred and violence in America but not a Muslim?

< sarcasm >

Personally, I think my government should execute all Christians. They are a danger to my freedom, they harm my existence, I don't like the God they believe in and I think we'd be better off without them. They are a threat to every decent person in the country with their demands that we all follow their beliefs. Think of all those young people they are indoctrinating into their cult every day, the abuse of all those poor children taught fantasies and delusions instead of fact. It's criminal, it's abhorrent, and they do not deserve to live.

< / sarcasm >
edit on 30-5-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
He gets the same TLC as the New Black Panthers,in my book

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Poor Jesus.. The crap thats being said 'in his name' is horrible!

He's a hypocrite, and it's sad because gents like him put a bad name on the rest of us.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

It is true that some and I say some christians do good in the world but most of them that I have met have been the most vile and twisted individuals to walk this earth. Many openly talk about blowing up the middle east. Killing homosexuals, etc etc. Its very sad sorry if I over generalize but of the general christian population I have had the great experience to meet I have found nothing but hatred toward everyone but them. I have been up and down the east coast and yeah I have been to a couple of very down to earth churches but most of them I have been to think like this man here. So generally in the sheeple population they feel the way they are told to by tools like this pastor.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

But those fools you call good people are mearly puppets of their religious beliefs....

Those same fools you say champion civil right might have been the same ones hanging gays and buring witches should their religion pemited it.

Christopher Hitchens is right... religion is vile and disgusting.. and people who believe in it should be treated like the idiots they are. Even worse are those who tolerate it and give strength to the wretched men that hold on to those pulpits. I do agree that i wish there was a hell for them to go to.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
On the flip side of that coin are the religious leaders who are driving forces in the work for equal rights for all. Not just some, but all.

A prime example would be the many religious leaders who lead marches during the civil rights movement. The ones who risked life and limb supporting the resistance in Occupied Europe, sheltering any who needed it.

While I know you are right, and there are genuinely Christian people out there, they are few and far between in my opinion.

As a gay male living in the UK, I have never met a practicing Christian who treated me with respect or equality. Every single practicing Christian I have ever met has been pretty hateful, judgmental, has a superiority complex, is closed-minded and arrogant in the extreme - "we are right, you are wrong, and you'll burn in hell for being gay - but I love you. Because I have to."

That's my experience, and it's the same experience that millions of other gay people have every day across the world from the leaders of churches to the f'ing Pope.

No, it doesn't really concern me that much, because I'm strong enough to realize that they are just people, they have no say over how I live my life, and I know that there must be real Christians out there. I just haven't met them.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Yes let the religious show themselves for what they truly are. This is how the god of your bible wants you to behave toward your fellow man.
This has nothing to do with Christ or Christianity. While I detest homosexuality, Christ would never advocate killing them for sinning like that. Love the sinner, hate the sin. Same with women who abort babies. Killing them is not what Jesus would do. He would want to forgive them and get them to repent.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Ever seen this one? It's shuts down the old testament types pretty quickly.

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

edit on 30-5-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The pastor of New Hope Baptist Church in Seneca, Kansas says President Barack Obama has gone too far in supporting same sex marriage and it’s time for the U.S. government to begin killing gay men and lesbians.

Someone needs to revoke his IRS status.

A man of God?

A man of god does not preach violence,intolerance, and bigotry that Kansas pastor has gone to far reprehensible conduct as far as i am concerned.

There is such a thing as free speech and hate speech which that obviously is.
edit on 30-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)
Apropos of nothing at all, have you ever heard of a "religion" called islam? Calling for death and killing is what they do.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm not saying there aren't hypocrites in Christian clothing out there, it's quite obvious that there are. Even one is one too many. On that, we are agreed.

But "most"? We're going to have to agree to disagree on that.

That's really my only disagreement with you folks. I simply don't see what you're seeing.

Now I may not have the same outlook, as I'm neither gay, nor am I atheist/agnostic. But neither am I Christian. So perhaps I don't see it, because I'm simply not the target.

But I am surrounded in my everyday life by Christian/Catholics, most of whom are born again... None of them, that I'm aware of, share anything even remotely resembling this idiots views.

I was going to respond to each of you, but all three of you were saying the exact same thing...so one response fits all

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

This guy is a nut.

By his Twisted Old testament logic we should also stone children for disobedience, put adulterers to death, take the virgins of the nations we invade as spoils, and myriad other wacked out crap.

Did i already say, "This guy is a NUT?"

there is simply nothing other than the holocaust of the unborn which imperils the safety of our country or places our people in jeopardy as does the leader of the Western world

Wow. Acceptance of gays and abortion are the two most significant factors endangering our country.

THIS is the problem with religion. And religious nutcases. As the brainwashed people who listen to, believe, and follow.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Good job that Christianity is the religion of tolerance and love.

Otherwise this guy would really be preaching hatred.

Trouble is, some of his congregation are likely to listen. Why can't guys like this be charged with inciting violence when they encourage things like this?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Because he's not directly and imminently inciting violence of a clear and present danger (which he isn't), he's just expressing a disgusting belief of what "should" happen, which is his right.. So says the Supreme Court.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Kind of sad that for most of us the shallow end of the gene pool makes the news more often than the deep end.

That is all too true.

I wasn't really mad at you, it's more that it enrages me that these attention whore clowns lead other people (even other Kansans!) to believe that many Kansans are really like this. Certainly not everybody but does, enough to make me mad. Sad state of affairs, really.

Also; nice post of that letter mocking the hell out of Leviticus and its relevance to modern society

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join