It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paid it forward today.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
A little while ago i was taking my daughter to hospital in the city, we got on the bus and the bus driver asked where we were going. When i said the hearing clinic for my daughter, he let us on for nothing. What a gent. He just said, "do someone else a favour sometime".

I smiled because i am a huge fan of the Pay It Forward mentality, do someone a favour and expect nothing back, or at least they pass on the good will to others.

So today me and my dad was on a train and this young girl about 18 was looking for the guard to buy a ticket, but her card was declined. She was visibly upset as she had the money, but the guard said sometimes the card chips play up with the machine, She had no other money and the options given to her was to get off the train or get a £25 fine at the end. So i asked the guard if i could pay her fare. Wasn't a lot, about £6, but she didn't have it and it was going to cost her greatly and seriously mess her day up.

The girl was so appreciative, she said that there were so few people these days that care enough to even want to help. As i said to the girl, if you can't help out someone without expecting anything in return, it's a sad world. Plus, i have two young daughters and i like to think that if they were stuck like that, someone would want to help them.

She looked a bit bemused that i didn't want anything for it, i just said maybe she could do someone else a favour sometime.

So yeah....try it sometime if you haven't already, feels good too.

CX.
edit on 30/5/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I hate debit cards, always waiting for 5 people in front of me because they brought the wrong card, forgot their pin to the one they had, or the card doesn't work.

Half the time I would pay just to get the line to move forward. Certainly not as altruistic as your motives...

Nice thought, what you did.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I recently watched the movie pay it forward, for the first time and found out what that concept is from that movie. since that movie i've been waiting for the opportunity to pay it forward to someone

CX

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConfusedPeasant
I recently watched the movie pay it forward, for the first time and found out what that concept is from that movie. since that movie i've been waiting for the opportunity to pay it forward to someone

Crackin movie. I used to have it years ago, and started a thing on a forum where you watch it and post it to someone else to watch. Never did get it back so i reckon it's still out there somewhere doing good.

CX.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Awesome! Good for you. Humanity thanks you!

I will do the same next chance I get- In your honor.

CX

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
Awesome! Good for you. Humanity thanks you!

I will do the same next chance I get- In your honor.

Cool!

To be fair, this has been discussed on ATS many times before, just wanted to share one story. There are loads of people who do this very often, it's actualy quite addictive when put into action.

For anyone who hasn't seen the movie, heres a clip....

Th best thing is, if you stuck to the rules of the boys method in the film, and everyone else stuck to it too....as in you help 3 people and they then help 3 people....in my village with a population of around 4000, it would only take 7 or 8 cycles of this to help everyone out. Going by the premise that 1x3=3, 3x3=9, 9x3=27, 27x3=81, 81x3=243, 243x3=729, 729x3=2187, 2187x3=6561.....thats half the next village too!

I'll ask my kids if they ever talk about this at school....if not i'll buy a dvd and give it to the school to show the kids. Would be good if they used it as a project like in the film.

It's nice doing it annonymously too, leave a gift for someone, or pay for someones coffee without them knowing. Doesn't have to be huge things, doesn't have to be 3 things, just something.

CX.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The thing with doing something for nothing to help someone else out, is the fact that as well as making someone else's life better, you in fact make your own life better. You can't put a price on these actions but they have enormous value. You did a great thing Cx and hopefully your actions triggered a chain reaction.

edit on 31-5-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Right now I'd rather pay it backward to the mindless drunken drug induced prick that attacked my fella two weeks ago and left him with half a fractured skull and a blood clot the size of Maccy d's hamburger on the brain.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Thats so awful! I hope he's ok & has a quick recovery.
Unfortunately, there are some truly crappy people out there. I hope you & your bf get a few of the 'good' ones come into your lives to make up for it.Best wishes to you both.

Thanks for sharing OP.
Doing nice things for others sends the best vibes out into world.

CX

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Cheers

I like that video, if it's a true story it's nice to think that karma gets involved along the way.

Sorry to hear about your fella Suspiria, hope he gets better soon.

CX.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You've always been a personal favorite of mine CX and I see why.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to help a stranger.
In so doing you made the world a better place for us all.

top topics

join