It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17-Year-Old Girl Included On Obama's Secret 'Kill List'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

A careful reading of The New York Times article shows that the article clearly does NOT say there is a Secret Kill List which included a 17 year old girl. Instead the article starts with him looking over an Intelligence Chart of " 15 Qaeda suspects in Yemen with Western ties"....Among these is a 17 year old girl. The article goes on to say this is a "regular Tuesday counterterrorism meeting of two dozen security officials in the White House Situation Room"

The article never once states that any of the suspects on this particular chart have ended up on the 'Kill List'....It's certainly implied that they COULD end up there....but the fact that the 'Kill List' does not necessarily contain any of the suspects on the particular chart he is looking at, at this counterterrorism meeting is an important distinction that no one seems to be pointing out.
edit on 30-5-2012 by bhornbuckle75 because: I made a small wording error, while writing this due to being attacked by a drone aircraft. Luckily I survived to edit out my minor mistakes.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Heh, president has his own kill list. Cool.

Makes me feel like I'm back in medieval England where kings could just kill whoever they want.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The true patriot is not the man who blindly defends a corrupt government. The true patriot is the man who defends the Constitution from that corrupt government.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Don't flame me here but...... Do you really know that they didnt commit a crime? It's a simple
Question that I believe needs to be debated. I for one believe that if anybody foreign or DOMESTIC is plotting to kill
Any of our fellow citizens whether it be my uncle or your mother should be taken out immediately. It seems everyone just jumps on this bandwagon of zomg there is a kill list and Obama is gonna kill Americans should really
Take a second look at things!! I'm not saying its right... I'm not. Saying its wrong. I just think this should be debated instead of everyone just jumping on one side and flame spraying anything anyone has to say in opposition...

And name call is childish!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

I love how people just read the headline and take it at face value.. Of course they
Don't read the article, just respond because they already have an agenda..
Makes me sick! Deny ignorance!!

Peace

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Are 17 yo's not capable of committing a crime? Yes they are and rather large mass crimes at that too. I have no problem of the list as long as the due diligence is being done.

That's the point it is secret and their is no accountability. There is no possible way to determine here if they are hitting legitimate targets... This amounts to nothing more them Hitler or Stalin ordering hits on people...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

My issue comes with the fact that an American can be killed without due process. And a closed door meeting is not due process. I understand the gravity of what these people are accussed of.I hope if they have commited these acts they are duely punished, but this is not the way. When we allow these exceptions, we open the door to places that this country does not wish to go. In the end let it happen to them, and sooner are later it can happen to you.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I don't know what I am more disgusted by, the fact that some of you seem to differentiate between the killing of an American citizen and that of another country or the fact that the jumped up Kenyan thinks he actaully has the right to draw up a 'kill list' of foreign citizens.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The kill list was created for him to decide who was going to be killed or captured, the list was probably made by the CIA or something.

Obama did not go out and place this 17 year old girl on the kill list.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by biggilo

Sorry, I did not mean my post to be insensitive to others. Targeting any one with a kill list is wrong. I dont believe these people to be the threat that we have all been told.

My point was that this is a direct violation to our laws,and one day our tolerance of this will come back to haunt us in this country. When the same order is give for those pesky quote, unquote, domestic terrorist. Remember the drones being cleared by the FFA. Whats the difference between two American Al-Qaida members in Yemen and say 20 Montana separatist. But then maybe I'm just paranoid.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyzoid
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

I love how people just read the headline and take it at face value.. Of course they
Don't read the article, just respond because they already have an agenda..
Makes me sick! Deny ignorance!!

Peace

Ah...so true! It's a shame too because the core of the article is something that would be really great to have a true debate about.

Though I have mixed feelings about Obama, my biggest concerns are about his drone strikes, and his administrations apparent attitude of killing suspected terrorists rather than capturing them...I'd be very open to both sides of such a discussion, as I'm not yet convinced of the best course of action, and would rather hear some alternatives than to how he's doing it now.

I've never felt comfortable with assassinations being done by our government (which is what these drone strikes basically boil down to)....Much like I felt about Waterboarding and Torture in the Bush Administration.....We as Americans should hold ourselves to a higher level than to use these tactics.....We give away our own moral superiority when we engage in such things.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Joan of Arc was wanted dead by thousands. And they burned her at the stake...as a teenager. Whats different here?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

Here's a not so far out scenario, your next door neighbors disgruntled coworker decides to tell the sheriff that your neighbor is planning to kill his wife for insurance money in an effort to get him "swat'd"....The sheriff then sends a predator UAV out to lob a couple of hellfire missiles killing your neighbor, and you also. You must have been a part of the plot since you were talking to him over the fence.

Personally, I would rather he be indicted and sent to be judge by a jury of his peers.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Mr. Nobel Peace Prize has his own private 'KILL LIST'. :shk:

The sad thing is that those who are going to vote for this guy think that they are taking the moral high ground. But the truth is, Obama has bombed more countries and overstepped the Constitution and power grabbed more than George W. Bush ever did.

People ... wake the hell up!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You don't like him, this is why you scrutinize everything that
Comes out about him. You say the president has his own secret kill lost.
So did bush, so did Clinton. Clintons was a little more complicated but you know what I
Mean. The president doesn't put anybody on it that he wants??? It is comprised of CIA and army intelligence?
Do you deny any of what I'm saying??

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Yes I believe it's more in depth than that. If we all jumped the gun like you just presented
The planet would be lost to nuclear war. The comments that are added to this thread are way more
Sensationalist than what the OP article said???

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by biggilo

When it comes to terrorism there is no difference. If a Muslim had a bomb strapped to him and he was going
To blow up a US embassy would you shoot him? Now if it was a Muslim American of Arabic descent going
To do the same thing you are saying you wouldn't shoot... Let's take him/her to trial because she is american??
There is no difference.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by David134

I understand what you are saying. But do you not think that these drone strikes are disabling
These terrorist groups. We have our foot on they're neck and if we let up a little...
We could have another 9/11. And not one of us can name one true American fatality due to these drone
Strikes. I'm not talking about the ones involved in terrorism. I challenge anyone on here to find
One American death because of drone strikes (that didn't have ties to terrorist organization).

edit on 31-5-2012 by Flyzoid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I realize that it doesn't matter what you say. When someone has had they're mind made up
About someone they will say or listen to any deluded news they can find about that person.
The truth is that if we had another 9/11 you would say that person hasn't done enough!!
That is the truth!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

A U.S. official said the young man "was in the wrong place at the wrong time," and that the U.S. was trying to kill a legitimate terrorist — al-Qaeda leader Ibrahim al-Banna, who also died — in the strike that apparently killed the American teenager.

Read more: www.time.com...

Challenge accepted...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join