It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are People eating People lately?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

More in line with the spirit of ATS ... the first thing I thought of was a show I watched when I was younger about Nostradamus, they said something about cannibalism but I believe in the show it was attributed to a famine ...

The noise of a rare bird heard,
In the pipe of the breathing floor,
Bushels of wheat rise so high,
Like cannibals, man eating man.
C2. Q75

That is the only quatrain I could find ATM regarding people eating people tho ... No idea what it means. I just found it interesting.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
My first attempt at deciphering a quatrain, ever

The noise of a rare bird heard, (Drone aircraft)
In the pipe of the breathing floor, (people hiding underground hearing the drones)
Bushels of wheat rise so high, (bad economy)
Like cannibals, man eating man. (self explanatory)
C2. Q75

Some may say you can decipher these things to fit any circumstance but hey it kind of does fit some current events

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
I wonder if all that 'zombie apocalypse' warning was subliminally absorbed and now being acted out.

OR

that 'zombie apocalypse' warning was actually a.. um... FREAKING WARNING.... and that it's actually going to um.. FREAKING HAPPEN!!!

how much data and solid evidence from the CDC website.. to a billion masonic-controlled comanies belting out video games and movies... and mathematicians at Oford showing your consistent proofs that uh.. it's gonna happen.. it's THE population reductoin METHOD of the georgia guidestones.. but wait.. we're clever and we are in the know.. we're all intellecually sound and zombies are just comic book fiction right...

lol

so funny.. the resonance.. the absolute DISSONANCE.. that occurs when know it alls have the fictionalized mythology blossom in their face...

omg.. priceless...
edit on 5/31/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avalessa
Perhaps we're all going mad. Stress causes madness and, well, we're all stressed. We're all going mad. It will happen to the best of us at one time or another.

dont count on it.

i have my ducks in a row...

i know how i will act when all is lost...

i will aid my brother.... no matter what.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I'm sorry.

Call me a pollyanna, call me a sheep. Whatever.

I just don't want to hear about this stuff anymore. If it's not straight up barbaric voyeurism then it damn sure is some sort of Psy Op to suck the life out of all of us.

Originally posted by Domo1
I'm all for morbid humor but are we really making jokes about a 3.5 year old being murdered (most likely tortured to death) and then eaten by his mother?

For God's sake people. ^THIS^

Have some freaking humanity.

The thread title in the context of this story makes me want to puke, cry and scream all at the same time. Shame on you. I hope the flags and stars are worth it..
edit on 5/30/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

I, the person receiving the 'flags and stars' do NOT think this is a joke. Not one bit. I don't make threads for F&S. I make them to hear other people's opinion.

Why are you such a hypocrite anyway? You want to ' puke, cry and scream' just by reading the title yet you indulge in more pain by opening the thread?
You must enjoy self deprecation a lot!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

You did a good job at interpreting Nostradamus
Deciphering poetry can be the literary equal to looking at an ink blot test though. Especially ones from so long ago when language itself was different.
Take for instance the word 'queer'. Only 40 years ago that meant 'odd'. Now it took on a whole different meaning. There are many examples of this and that alone is some of the problem figuring out an authors' true meaning back then.

But I do think Nostradamus foresaw big problems in the future though. As did Cayce. As do many. Particularly me

Thanks for sharing

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You say reports of this happening this week. Yet your article is from 2009. your article has no relevance whatsoever to the events taking place currently. Do I think something is strange or awry? yes you better believe it, but that article does not support your claim of people eating people this week. Do people check the dates of their sources?
edit on 31-5-2012 by letusascendasone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven
My first attempt at deciphering a quatrain, ever

The noise of a rare bird heard, (Drone aircraft)
In the pipe of the breathing floor, (people hiding underground hearing the drones)

Or......all the fracking they're doing which are contributing to the shallow earthquakes lately
edit on 31-5-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by letusascendasone
You say reports of this happening this week. Yet your article is from 2009. your article has no relevance whatsoever to the events taking place currently. Do I think something is strange or awry? yes you better believe it, but that article does not support your claim of people eating people this week. Do people check the dates of their sources?

Before you criticize someone, allow me to hold up a mirror. Because we have NO idea who or what you're referring to. This is why there's a 'quote' option to choose from

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Before you criticize someone, allow me to hold up a mirror. Because we have NO idea who or what you're referring to. This is why there's a 'quote' option to choose from

My apologies, i'm a little new to ATS. I was talking about your Thread title and original post Human_alien. Your title states People eating other people "lately" Then you posted "Eating other people is not something we hear about often and yet this is like the 4th or 5th case this week!!" Only this case did not happen this week, it happened over 3 years ago. Your title and OP are misleading, because this event did not take place this week, or even this year for that matter.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Regarding the original post (regardless of when it happened) that is just really tragic. All of these case of 'zombie attacks' are tragic, but it's always worse,and markedly LESS funny, when it involves a child. Sounds like the mum had postpartum psychosis

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is a very sad and disturbing story indeed.

I have a feeling that because of the Miami attack, that more of these types of disturbing stories will start popping up, old and relatively new.

It's said the woman was likely suffering from Postpartum Psychosis, something that can be triggered after the birth of a child especially if you already have a severe mental health condition. There have been quite a few cases of Postpartum Psychosis that has lead to Women killing their babies and children. It's a sad fact, but it happens

edit on 31-5-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRemorse762
My guess is that people are getting hungry and due to unemployment have no money for store bought food stuff. Seriously though, what are the other cases besides the San Antonio hungry mom and the Miami zombie bath salt incident?

There was the "artist" in Japan recently who, after having his penis surgically removed, held a dinner party where he charged five people the equivalent of about $250.00 each to eat his goods, which he prepared for them as a meal:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

In this case the guy broke no laws, nor did anyone else apparently, so no charges were filed. In fact, it was done as a public event.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
This is a very sad and disturbing story indeed.

I have a feeling that because of the Miami attack, that more of these types of disturbing stories will start popping up, old and relatively new.

It's said the woman was likely suffering from Postpartum Psychosis, something that can be triggered after the birth of a child especially if you already have a severe mental health condition. There have been quite a few cases of Postpartum Psychosis that has lead to Women killing their babies and children. It's a sad fact, but it happens

edit on 31-5-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

Postpartum is hardly enough reason or excuse for this kind of behavior. It is not our natural instincts to eat one another. Psychiatrists even agree. And although cannibalism is real, it's also RARE. People have eaten others for survival, ritual or perversion (Jeff Dahmer).
Human mother's don't eat their off springs and naked men don't eat other naked men on a public busy street in daytime in north Miami.

Something else is going on here.
And about the Miami guy, his girlfriend is quoted as saying he did not indulge in anything MORE than pot. So I believe (which I believed in the beginning) someone slipped him something or he got possessed somehow.

There's this plant down in Colombia called: Scopolamine (aka "The Devil's Breath) and if you just come into contact with it, it makes you do crazy things. So maybe someone put that in his drink or even just blew it in his face!?

This isn't the best documentary but the contents are decent:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

My apologies, i'm a little new to ATS. I was talking about your Thread title and original post Human_alien. Your title states People eating other people "lately" Then you posted "Eating other people is not something we hear about often and yet this is like the 4th or 5th case this week!!" Only this case did not happen this week, it happened over 3 years ago. Your title and OP are misleading, because this event did not take place this week, or even this year for that matter.

You mean the mother/child story? Really? There are no dates and seeing it was being circulated I assumed this is recent. How do you know it's 3 years ago?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

reply to post by Domo1

reply to post by kosmicjack

reply to post by Urbanshadow

(3.5 WEEK old, not 3.5 year old.)

Most people, that I know of, crack jokes because to look at it seriously would make them break down. We're a society that would rather make fun of the horrible situation, rather than cry. And this is not healthy. I know personally, If I'm truly disturbed by something, I'd rather find some humor than let someone else in on how I really feel about it. I don't like people inside my head.

reply to post by PurpleChiten

Reminds me of when my hubby told his father to lick him....and he did. Hubby NEVER used that phrase again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

But for perspective: We've always had them with us. And certain behaviors have triggers that are historically known: war, famine.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

You mean the mother/child story? Really? There are no dates and seeing it was being circulated I assumed this is recent. How do you know it's 3 years ago?

The first line of text from the article you posted. "updated 7/27/2009 8:48:01 PM ET"

Did you read your own link?

www.usatoday.com...
"Posted 7/27/2009" same picture as well

abclocal.go.com.../state&id=6934865
"Monday, July 27, 2009"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
its how we roll

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There are over 83 documented cases of cannibalism in recent history (just in the us).. that's a much higher number than most would expect..

The thing about the man in Miami that makes it especially peculiar is that he did it in broad daylight next to a busy road while naked... it happens more often than we'd like to think.. it usually isn't covered by the media very much because it's extremely taboo .. but since the case in Miami, any case will make the mainstream media.

Keep in mind also that the man in Miami reportedly had a history of violence and crime.. and drugs are highly suspected.

I remember reading about a case in Germany a few years back that was cannibalism by consent.. the man voluntarily let himself be eaten... that is extremely odd as well.

edit on 5/31/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Source. I want to see what was counted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join