It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Obma calls Mitt Romney After Securing Nomination:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

No. You are a Ron Paul supporter. The personality cult that RP has following him is crazy and seem to believe he cannot. do,say, and believe no wrong. It's quite scary.

What you just said is the same deluded argument that religious people have amongst varying groups.

Evangelicals aren't REAL Christians, my sect is!

Shiite Muslims aren't REAL muslims, my sect is!

Paul isn't a REAL liberty supporter, my politician is!

Do you not realize that there are other beliefs out there? You know, the people that do not like RP because they think he will bring corporate tyranny? Which actually is a real possibility if you got rid of all regulations.. He also wants to make abortion illegal and values property rights over civil rights.

But anyways, this is coming from someone that voted for Ron Paul.

edit on 30-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by TinfoilTP

They produced, losers don't make front page, simple as that.

Just like you don't make front page here on ATS? Does that make you a loser?

^
meant to be a metaphor...
edit on 30-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

I am not running for President of ATS, if I was and only got 12% support then yes I would definately be a loser.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
As a normal politically minded person, I call BS. As a Paul supporter, I'm somewhat troubled but not losing heart.

Let's look at some facts:

Obama wants to win
Obama is a liar
Obama would have a better chance of winning against Romney, due to the Mormon thing and his war policies - you'd be surprised how many elderly repubs and angry fiscal conservative Democrats dislike Mormons, and hate war

Between those facts, Obama has everything to gain by calling and making this news, regardless of whether it's true or not. I am not going to make assumptions either way, but whatever helps him win, he will do, whether its legal, moral, or not; either way it hurts Ron's supporting base by making them doubt him (at least I believe it's meant to). Anyone else it affects is just a bonus to the Obama campaign.
edit on 30-5-2012 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Do you not realize that there are other beliefs out there? You know people that do not like RP because they think he will bring coroprate tyranny?

No the MSM doesn't allow anyone to believe otherwise. They just want you to believe what they say. How is that being fair and impartial?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I am not running for President of ATS, if I was and only got 12% support then yes I would definately be a loser.

Thank goodness your not. Then we would all be losers.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody
As a normal politically minded person, I call BS. As a Paul supporter, I'm somewhat troubled but not losing heart.

Let's look at some facts:

Obama wants to win
Obama is a liar
Obama would have a better chance of winning against Romney, due to the Mormon thing and his war policies - you'd be surprised how many elderly repubs and angry fiscal conservative Democrats dislike Mormons, and hate war

Between those facts, Obama has everything to gain by calling and making this news, regardless of whether it's true or not. I am not going to make assumptions either way, but whatever helps him win, he will do, whether its legal, moral, or not; either way it hurts Ron's supporting base by making them doubt him (at least I believe it's meant to). Anyone else it affects is just a bonus to the Obama campaign.
edit on 30-5-2012 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

This is reallity, you must face it when it demands to stare you in the face. The POTUS does not call the opposition to congratulate them to ruin another persons chances at winning the nomination, they do it by tradition, it makes them look Presidential by doing their traditional obligations so enhances their image in that respect. It is also reviewed to make sure it is legal and appropriate by an army of constitutional lawyers at the President's disposal. So you can be rest assured that Romney is the winner at this point, no question about it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
That's how you're supposed to think of it. He's an oppertunist first and looks out for himself and cronies first, if he can look good to the public and demean a potential enemy at the same time, whether he's truthful or not, he'll do it!

It's not like we haven't seen him turn tradition on it's head or take it and use it just for a political advantage.

If a lawsuit unbinds those delegates, Romney is sunk.

Either way, Paul has enough leverage to at the least have influence on VP choice, and perhaps some other things as well. I personally think Paul is gunning to get appointed as head of the Fed, so he can dismantle it from the inside out.
edit on 31-5-2012 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2012 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

The MSM doesn't want someone to believe what otherwise?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by jjf3rd77

So you don't know the answer to my question. Got it!

Your question is nothing. Got that? As long as you and your boy tinfoil keep making it more obvious then I am sure others here can see how desperate you two are in trying to shut me up. There is no securing nor clinch...Wait til the convention, got it!

Do you understand that Romney got more than 50% of the popular state in most states that he won, probably true in every state. That means according to state rules, those delegates are bound to him

Now, answer my question, or you are considered a brainwashed confused child in my book. Why does the Paul delegates need to have this abstaining strategy? Why not just vote for Paul in the primary if there really are that many paul delegates in hiding? You conspiracy theory makes no sense so I am asking a very simple question that nobody has asked you RP supporters.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
fly on the wall view..

POTUS: Mitt! Barry here, just wanted to congratulate you on securing the nomination.. what the heck took you so long? (chuckles)

Mitt: Thanks, I have to admit it was like swatting flies, thanks for the help in getting Herman out of the race..

POTUS: No problemo.. oh be sure to check your secure email, we will be sending you the script in the morning, this is going to be one hell of a ride.. and just want you to be ready when we start the full blown campaign..

Mitt: Will do, BTW nevermind that Trump deal.. we ain't going there.. as long as you leave Bain off the table..

POTUS: Bain rhymes with McCain, it was too tempting.. apologies, I will remain mum on that.. though I cannot speak for my Superpacs.. (laughs)

Mitt: (laughing) True, so true!! Whoever came up with those deals was a genius... built in deniability.. "wasn't me" Ha ha ha!!!

POTUS: Oh well.. gotta run, I have some important stuff on my plate this evening.. we are trying to work in a "just for Men" stipend to combat the premature graying that haunts this office.

Mitt: I'll send you a case.. When are you free for a round of golf?

POTUS: Anytime, as long as you are better than the House speaker.. it was sad to see a grown man cry when he hits a slice.. Man up, I told him, to no avail..

Mitt: No worries Barry, I'm a hooker..

the end of 5 minutes of boredom.. back to your regularly scheduled thread

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I don't know many young people that watch the news. They watch Colbert or Saturday night live, which is hardly news.

Do you honestly think, that most of America is brainwashed by the MSM? Why can't we watch the MSM and make up our own minds as well. Most Americans wouldn't even know who the candidates were if it wasn't for the MSM!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It will be "Official" when the other guy still in the race calls Romney to congratulate him, yeah remember that guy named Ron Paul? Yeah, he is still running and has not dropped out.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

It will be "Official" when the other guy still in the race calls Romney to congratulate him, yeah remember that guy named Ron Paul? Yeah, he is still running and has not dropped out.

No, the President of the United States trumps a lowly House of Rep member who can't get more than 12% of the vote, ran out of money, and already quit campaigning on his third failed attempt at the Presidency. Nobody will care when Ron Paul makes the call, because when the POTUS made the call it became official. 1144, Ron Paul no more.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Obama has no credibility, his position is meaningless because he is a liar. This is a strategic move to attempt and solidify more votes for Romney, who Obama likely feels he'd have a better chance of beating.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody

Obama has no credibility, his position is meaningless because he is a liar. This is a strategic move to attempt and solidify more votes for Romney, who Obama likely feels he'd have a better chance of beating.

What more votes? There are no more votes needed because Romney reached the 1144 delegates, therefore he is the winner. Obama as POTUS recognized this in his official capacity and fullfilled his traditional obligation to call the winning opponant.
1144, Ron Paul no more.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The fat lady has yet to sing. Something's going to happen. I'm not saying Ron will get the nomination, but something's going to happen at the convention out of the ordinary - there are still too many variables and factors out there - things can always change.

<< 1  2   >>

join