It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ILLINOIS REP LOSES IT on House Floor

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
AWESOME!
What he made people who were around him feel was SHAME! Except for the girl laughing of course.....

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by yadda333
reply to post by RSF77

The fact is that you're all ripe for the pickin'!

It's how dictators are put into power.

Too Late! Everyone was picked long ago they just don't realize it yet.

Dictators are already in, under the auspice of a Republic.

Obama anyone? Shoving NATIONAL healthcare
down everyone's throat where tax payers money
will be paying even for illegals healthcare ?

Americans were already paying for illegals medical care even before the national healthcare was even thought of and the healthcare isn't even in effect now.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

You don't even know why he is freaking out and upset.

Go educate yourself...please.

OS,

I know why he was upset. The point is he is sick of the way the government is being run, he didn't have time to read a bill that was being ramrodded through the system.

A pension fund is broke and they are trying to pass the buck onto the tax payers, for mis-management of the current pension fund.

The point is most politicians think money grows on trees, and tax payers are a tree they can pick whenever they choose, but the majority of the tax payers have nothing left to pick from.

I would say you need to educate yourself, if you can't see the issues.

Politicians and governments create nothing, they only consume they would not exist if there were not hard working people supporting their worthless carcasses.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

You are all sheep.

Most of you have no idea who this dude is, where this is taking place, or what he is even yelling about. And you don't even care. You just think it's great that he is yelling.

You're all ready to take up arms and follow this guy right off a cliff!

I don't care if he is trying to bring back H.R Pufinstuff - he is as angry as us and that is what matters because it proves that not all politicians are sheep. So it's not us that are sheep buddy, it's them.

If following him over a cliff would be for the greater good...you'd probably be at home watching tv.

So, you have proven my point. Congratulations!

You'll blindly follow somebody if they seem passionate enough. It doesn't even matter what the message is, it just matters how loudly it is said. Brilliant!

At least I admire passion.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
This guy has gonads, He will probably pay for that outburst, but he is representing his people in a way that no others have done, in my observation. Perhaps he is just the first in a series.....If he was my representative, I would join his campaign.

Why he he's full of crap.

He said it's being shoved down our throats. This bill has been around for over a year.

He says we haven't read it. It's been read five times.

This bill will save between 65 and 115 billion dollars. Why is this republican so against saving money?

Maybe he should start doing his job instead of acting like a drama queen.

The funniest part was when he started with the Let my people go.

He must have been channeling Moses.

edit on 30-5-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

i would actually love to see a fist fight in the US Senate. anything that will draw attention to mess that is in washington dc.

we need more balls in dc than simple puppets. unless they are puppets of the people of course.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It really is sad to see people still believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and a partisan government.

Pick a side, it really makes no difference, since they both give the illusion they are fighting for the crumbs left over from Trillions of dollars spent on illegal wars, billions on foreign aid that disappears, Trillion dollar bank bail-outs, Trillion dollar Wall Street bail-outs, and more.

The US people drones just need to work more over-time and get a second job to pay their interest, on their personal debts and taxes, and the countries debts.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

i would actually love to see a fist fight in the US Senate. anything that will draw attention to mess that is in washington dc.

we need more balls in dc than simple puppets. unless they are puppets of the people of course.

I would love to see a caged octagon installed in both the House and Senate. Each week a new battle is fought by the biggest bad-asses from both sides of the issue at hand. The winner leaves the octagon with his life, and his legislation. I honestly think this is something that the majority of Americans would agree on. I say, put it to a vote!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by draco49

I would love to see a caged octagon installed in both the House and Senate. Each week a new battle is fought by the biggest bad-asses from both sides of the issue at hand. The winner leaves the octagon with his life, and his legislation. I honestly think this is something that the majority of Americans would agree on. I say, put it to a vote!

Honestly that can't be any worse that the backscratching bull# we have now. Maybe instead of a gladiator contest make the fools use a shovel for a few hours a day and understand the value of what work means and where all this "magic money" is coming from that they think just pops into existence.

Apparently China is the new money tree when ones own countrymen are too expensive, they'd rather sell out their own family for the sake of a collapsing dollar.
edit on 30-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Originally posted by draco49

Honestly that can't be any worse that the backscratching bull# we have now. Maybe instead of a gladiator contest make the fools use a shovel for a few hours a day and understand the value of what work means.

I gotta agree. But I think that a televised death-match between legislators would put an end to legislation that they're not willing to die for. And that, I think, is the only legislation that matters. Maybe it would more productive to do it like American Idol. A bill goes up for a vote, and an elected official is selected as the physical representative of the argument. The public votes on the bill (and the politician) they believe in, and the loser is publicly executed while the bill becomes law and the winner gets to live to fight another day.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

That was an lol moment. I can't believe how everyone else around him is completely zoned out. He's throwing papers and they are just like "Meh whatever".

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Looks like he has been keeping that bottled up for some time.
If that is the state of affairs in general, then we are thru.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
hahahaha at let my people go

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
He lost it, and he won the hearts of many that follow freedom and truth, the Real deal.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think it takes balls of steel for an elected official to passionately scream, "Let my people go!" on national television. Regardless of how you feel about the man's politics, you gotta admire the chutzpa

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Okay,

What can I do to support this man and get more American's and American representatives of the people to follow? I felt my frustrations being channeled through him, that's what I'm talking about, more of this please!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Would someone mind to summerize what he's saying in a quick transcript please? (I'm bad engrish when it comes to ranting
)

I understood something like: "it was not made that way in the constitution... he was around when it was written" and "I feel like somebody trying to be released from egypt... let my people go". LOL Wtf? That sure can't be right?

Also, why is he saying you live in a democracy? I thought rebublicans emphazise that the U.S. is a constitutional republic, not a democracy?

edit on 30-5-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hell that was brilliant a star and a flag for that rep . And for the op too. Why cant more politicians be more like this . To many are just cowards and leeches I guess.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

That chick behind him had a look on her face like, "OMG! how long till I can get some coffee and a damn smoke?!" He might as well have been screaming at a bunch of damn sheep.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I live in Southern Illinois, not too far from Murphysboro where Rep. Bost is from. Southern IL is largely rural and the area is not very economically healthy. At one time, we had jobs a man/woman could raise a family doing. Whenever I was growing up, most kids I knew had parents who worked for the coal mines or one of the factories. Now, the prison system is one of our largest employers and the state wants to take that from us as well.

Most southern Illinoisans are fed up with Chicago and the northern portion of the state. They care little for us and I can understand how Rep Bost is frustrated. He was born and raised here. He knows what shakes around here. I think he is sincere in his rant. It has to be difficult to face those friends and neighbors, whom he represents, knowing what he does about the politics of this state. People are fed up. Personally, if I were in his place, I'd rather face the wrath of my political peers while I'm standing up for what is right, than the locals that I represent if I fail to represent them well.

I wish I knew who the gal was behind him snickering. I want to make sure she doesn't get my vote in the future if that situation ever comes up. The rest of the group looked like they needed life support.

I just read an article on a local newspaper's website about the possibility of raising IL cigarette taxes by $1.00 to help pay for Medicaid. I'm sure it's just another plot to take more of our hard-earned money to support the government. This state just can't manage money. They rape our wallets every chance they get, but our crooked leaders don't suffer for anything. Pathetic!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join