It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: Texas didn't secure Mitt Romney the nomination!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
The 30% equals 100% of that states votes.

While I agree with you in the main, I felt it necessary to point out that the above does not 'equal 100% of the state's votes."

It equals 100% of the states votes in the Republican primary.

In some states, anyone can vote in the primary, but in most, only Republicans can.

IOW, the totals do not, for the most part, include the votes of Democrats or Indepenmdants, or other parties.

As you were.

Harte

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Gee, I wonder how a good third party candidate would do with 70% of voters undecided ?

edit on 1-6-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have to imagine TinFoilTP is trolling...if not, well, that's just a testimony to the ignorance of the anti-Paul crowd.

Anyways, the fact of the matter is that first and foremost, the founding fathers designed America to be a Republic, and not a Democracy, because they believed/knew that there had to be a way around it if/when the masses were terribly uninformed. Beyond that, the party rules are such that it is the delegate count that really matters. You can disagree with the policy all you want, but those are the rules, as set up by the GOP.

Here is what I find most humorous of all, though. Having a media machine that repeatedly puts establishment talking points into the minds of the entire country, indoctrinating them to continue voting for the same types of people, is ok. Them having incredible bias against Ron Paul, to the point of it being essentially a blackout, combined with numerous actions that amount to voter fraud and manipulation, is perfectly ok. Having an incredibly dedicated group of individuals trying to get truly involved in the political process at a grassroots level, becoming delegates and so forth, according to the rules of the party, however, is cheating. Funny...
edit on 1-6-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I should have clarified that. Yes, you are correct in the the 100% is only the 100% allowed to vote in the primary.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join