It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: Texas didn't secure Mitt Romney the nomination!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
It's just sad at this point.

Romney is the nominee...deal with it.

Denial is more fun! President Ron Paul will be moving to the White House soon!!!

--------
Wait a minute. I just woke up. It was all just a dream.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
When are people going to wake up?

Do you all really believe that the two parties have any real significant difference from one another?

Do you think it matters whether an R or a D follows a presidents name?

These two parties are tag teaming America into oblivion and all you can do is cheerlead "your" side and blame the other.

America is in for a rude awakening and when it happens you will all look back on this time and realize what fools you have been.

I too used to believe in a party. I voted for Bush twice. What an asshat I was. Not because I didn't vote for Gore or Kerry but because I actually believed all that BS. And make no mistake about it - it was all BS.

If you continue to support Obama or think that Romney is better or you are gonna vote "for the lesser of two evils" then shame on you. YOU have destroyed this country! YOU have destroyed it through your willful ignorance and blind allegiance to nothing but a name. If you had any integrity you wouldn't vote for either of these two.

Ron Paul is a candidate that IS different. If you cared about your country in the slightest and had at least one functioning brain cell you would have supported the man.

America you are going to get every bit of what you deserve - YOU were warned ....
edit on 31-5-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

Oh look, it's the I feel sorry for you because my guy didn't win post.

America will still be here strong as ever ready willing and able to deny nutters their place in power.

It's a good time to be proud to be an American, especially after witnessing the defeat of Ron Paul and his fanatic following. Obama's call to Romney was an historic event in that respect.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

That's the case, alright.

That's why you use as many sources as possible.

Ron Paul has zero chance. All but the most die hard Ron Paul supporters have long since realized that. Texas was the final nail in the coffin. The convention, despite the contentions of those same supporters, will merely be the funeral service.

The GOP candidate will be Mitt Romney. The democratic candidate will be the sitting President, Barrak Obama. With various independent, and third party, candidates on the outside looking in.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The Ron Paul strategy is not that hard to understand, what it's hard for me to understand is why so many don't... is this the zombie apocalypse happening just in front of our eyes?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by Domo1

That's the case, alright.

That's why you use as many sources as possible.

Ron Paul has zero chance. All but the most die hard Ron Paul supporters have long since realized that. Texas was the final nail in the coffin. The convention, despite the contentions of those same supporters, will merely be the funeral service.

The GOP candidate will be Mitt Romney. The democratic candidate will be the sitting President, Barrak Obama. With various independent, and third party, candidates on the outside looking in.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

We won't see Ron Paul in 2016. Truth be told, he is too old.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Here is the true reality check.

No matter how much we whine, plea, and beg online, nothing will truly get done. We may see a glimmer of hope with an online petition or a viral video, but it doesn't change things for the long haul. To make true change and see it in reality we must get on the streets, go to D.C., demand change. You know the Thomas Jefferson quote right?....

That's reality..

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here's a "reality check": Ron Paul will not be the GOP nominee. Ron Paul is not changing the Republican Party. Ron Paul is considered a joke by the Republican Party and his beliefs and policies will have approximately 0% net impact on the Republican Party platform (and Mitt Romney's). Ron Paul is utterly irrelevant to everyone outside of his die hard supporters who seem to live exclusively on the internet. Ron Paul is a career politician who is about as corrupt as any average Congressman.

I like Ron Paul, personally. I think the fact that he's not afraid to say what he believes, even if a lot of it is garbage, is admirable. He's misguided and a relic of an age past, but I'd rather have a Congress of Ron Pauls than whatever we have now. My personal beliefs about the man don't change the fact that what I said above is true. Ron Paul is no more the political messiah than die hard Obama fans believed Barack was 4 years ago.

Where will the Paulites go when Ron Paul retires (which he is in the process of doing) or dies? Rand Paul is the obvious choice, I guess?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Like many, I too support Ron Paul and his message .
The GOP added to the national party rules in 2008 rules 25 through 42, because the party was not happy with the primary results in 2008 and they were not happy with the party choice . So the GOP wanted to drag out the primarys in hopes that a stong candidate would emerge. Weather Romney is the right choice is not the point, neither is winning or losing to Obama. The GOP will have Romney as their candidate even if they have to break their own rules. Which they will , and yes it will go to court, and yes Ron Pauls side will win in court , but after the election.
Those who oppose Dr. Paul and his message are sheep willing to accept what they are told and willing to just accept that thats how thing have to be, to maintain the status quo. In other words it is admitting defeat without even fighting.
The real fight is not just to get Dr. Paul the nomination and elected president it is the real message of change , to bring back liberty for all, not admitting defeat before the real battle.
Weather Obama or Romney is at the helm America will continue to sink, the American people will then have make their own choice, of sink or swim on their own.
Ron Paul or bust.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Oh look, it's the I feel sorry for you because my guy didn't win post.

I feel sorry for no one here. America will get what it deserves.

America will still be here strong as ever ready willing and able to deny nutters their place in power.

Ron Paul, the 'nutter' to which you refer, has consistently warned what would happen to this country if it did not curb its spending and reckless foreign policy. Economic collapse and Dollar devaluation are the fruits this country will reap.

It's a good time to be proud to be an American, especially after witnessing the defeat of Ron Paul and his fanatic following. Obama's call to Romney was an historic event in that respect.

We are witnessing the death of our Republic and the beginning of Global Tyranny. Its obvious to anyone that has eyes to see and a brain to think with. But, I know, I know I am just a 'nutter'.

There is nothing going on, everything is fine, nothing to see here move along, go buy stuff, keep watching TV ...

and no matter what you do please don't at anytime no matter what - THINK ...

edit on 31-5-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
As far as who really has control , the national commettee has final say on all rules , like it or not thats how thing work in the real world. There is a chain of command that is followed every where in the world, in government, in business, in courts, even in family life.
And in real life we all know that who ever makes the rules can bend or break those rules, a sad fact of life.
The fact is the GOP never planed on winning the election, and everybodys knows Obama will be reelected.
Yes it was all planned , just as the publics acceptance of defeat was planned, that is how they maintain the status quo. It all fits together with the election in 2016 where the GOP knows they have that election sewed up where they rollout their best candidates.and a reelection in 2020.
Wake up people stop being led around by the nose.
Join Ron Paul and the cause.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
reply to post by type0civ

perjury ?

betraying the will of the people you represent is treason

what a joke of a campaign, I mean you all should be embarrased

"Betraying the will of the people." Let's see. Romney won the primary, which was a vote of the people. Ron Paul supporters take the delegates, thus "betraying the will of the people."

And that's treason.

OK. I get it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I voted for Paul in 2008 primary, and even in the general election because I didn't care which of the two main candidates got in. Having said that, Romney is going to get the nod this time around. I will be voting for Obama in the general this time because I specifically don't want Romney in office. Paul made a good run at it, better than last time, but he doesn't stand a chance of becoming president at this point, or even the GOP candidate.

And it's not because he's a bad guy, or a fanatic, or anything negative like that. A large part of the Republican party just prefers Romney over Paul and it's that simple. Anybody who thinks the majority of Republicans want Paul as their candidate don't have a good pulse of the Republican party. This is what they decided on, and that's how it is. He's a crappy candidate in my opinion, but that doesn't mean I'm going to ignore the reality that this is who the GOP voters picked as their choice.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Not sure if this is legal, But you could photoshop the copy and make it say something else but from a distance it would look the same,,once again, dont know the legal ramifications of this..
edit on 31-5-2012 by avatard because: ?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Some of the anti-Paul guys are very closed minded to anything but their indoctrination.

The fact is the media is obviously trying to sway the election. They even declared Obama's cousin winner when the race was only half way through.

Also the Paul camp is too optimistic to rely on as fact.

The Paul people have a delegate strategy that they are carrying out.
But for the truth of what will happen.......you will just have to wait and see, i don't think anyone really knows.

But i know one thing. It will be interesting and Obama's cousin won't just be handed anything.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

"Betraying the will of the people." Let's see. Romney won the primary, which was a vote of the people. Ron Paul supporters take the delegates, thus "betraying the will of the people." And that's treason. OK. I get it.

No , you don't get. We have elected REPRESENTIVES in our government that make laws that are against the will of the people, thats how our goverment works. The same goes with delegates, they do not have to vote because of the popular choice or the will of the people , neither does the electoral college.
Are you an american ? If you are please do some reasearch on how things work in america, before you put your 2 cents in.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I watched this too, and posted it to my Facebook page after hearing yesterday morning on the radio (I don't own a TV set and therefore am not brainwashed) about how Romney 'clinched' the nomination with a win in Texas. Oh please... lol. I think its sad that we have to wade through so much swamp in order to find the truth in journalism. Ben Swann is a hero as far as I am concerned.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by freakjive

Again, I wonder why you will listen to the MSM when it comes to anything Anti-Paul, but if it's on another topic, "they're lying pigs that cannot be trusted!"

Isn't your source from Fox news? It has the little watermark in the corner. LOL.

The reporter's name is "Ben Swann". He is in control of his own little segment called "Reality Check". He talks about things that you don't hear anyone else talking about. It's a miracle he's still on the air with all the truthful reporting he's been doing. I'm not one to defend the MSM, but you can't discredit someone solely based on MSM watermarks. Not everyone working for them is as corrupt as the majority. You should check him out. The reason he suddenly gained popularity was because he was giving Ron Paul a very fair shake the entire campaign. In fact he's been speaking out against the establishment for quite a while now. I put him in the same category as John Stossel. Ben Swann

WXIX is only a charter affiliate to fox networks. It is actually owned by Raycom media currently. Raycom Media is not affiliated with any major news network and is independent, owning currently 40 television stations across the united states. So no MSM involvement. Its probably one of the last major independent network of stations that are allowed to broadcast unbiased and fair news coverage.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
reply to post by schuyler

"Betraying the will of the people." Let's see. Romney won the primary, which was a vote of the people. Ron Paul supporters take the delegates, thus "betraying the will of the people." And that's treason. OK. I get it.

No , you don't get. We have elected REPRESENTIVES in our government that make laws that are against the will of the people, thats how our goverment works. The same goes with delegates, they do not have to vote because of the popular choice or the will of the people , neither does the electoral college.
Are you an american ? If you are please do some reasearch on how things work in america, before you put your 2 cents in.

Those representatives have a winning vote count by voters to point to that explains why they are there.

Ron Paul fanatics don't want a vote count because they can't win one, so instead they want tyranny because they say they are "smarter" "know better" "are not brainwashed" "not rednecks" "not stupid baby boomers" and such drivle to appoint themselves as superior beings not needing a popular vote count to point to.

Hahahaha, Ron Paulers are in no way shape or form representative of what America is or ever was.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
REALITY CHECK: As I posted in a similar thread, Ron Paul will use the delegates he has been awarded to broker himself a prime speaking role and time at the National Convention. Once he has been given said speaking time, he will then give all of his delegates to Mitt Romney. Gingrich and Santorum will use the same tactic to gain their respective speaking roles in exchange for their delegates.

I really don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend?

So what your saying is, you did a reality check, and then you swiveled your chair over to your crystal ball, and attempted to look into the future, and this is what you saw?
lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join