It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: Texas didn't secure Mitt Romney the nomination!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Domo1

I think it's probably best to take most news with a grain of salt.

You're a freaking moron Domo. What the guy in that video says is completely true and you know it.

Actually you are the moron, as Domo was echoing your sentiments that for the most part the MSM should not be trusted. Domo was speaking of news in general, not this one broadcast.

Domo= Right
You= Opposite of that

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
When I saw this thread earlier ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) I knew there had to be more to it than what was being revealed. Ron Paul is still in this race, and I am sure he will not go down as easy as the GOP would hope at the convention.

Can't wait to see the look on Romney's face when he loses at the convention.
Even better, I can't wait to see the look on Obama's face when he has to go one on one with Ron Paul in a debate.

edit on 30-5-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

Well that sucks because youre going to have to wait your entire life. RP lost.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
As much as I hate to admit, if this were completely reversed, everyone would be in an uproar.

That is, if Ron Paul was winning all of the caucuses in every state like Romney has been, but yet there was this business of delegates voting instead for Romney, Ron Paul supporters would be in a screaming fit.

I am a Ron Paul supporter. I have to admit that if the scenario were reversed, I would have a huge problem with it. But since I support Paul, I am hoping he wins at the Convention. I think he stands a real chance of beating Obama in debates. Romney doesn't. Romney is a tool with lots of money and is a horrible choice for President. If my choices are Romney or Obama, I'm voting for Obama. At that point, a vote for Paul would be wasted.

Think of a scale. One side represents Obama, the other Romney. I can either place a stone on Obama's side, on Romney's side, or throw the stone into the river. Well, I don't want Romney winning, so I'd better add weight to the other side. Throwing my stone into the river isn't going to help... as sad as it is...

RP2012

THANK YOU!!! I have been saying how hypocritical RP supporters have been on this issue. Sad you would vote Obama, his record speaks for itself.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glowd33

Originally posted by OrphenFire
As much as I hate to admit, if this were completely reversed, everyone would be in an uproar.

That is, if Ron Paul was winning all of the caucuses in every state like Romney has been, but yet there was this business of delegates voting instead for Romney, Ron Paul supporters would be in a screaming fit.

I am a Ron Paul supporter. I have to admit that if the scenario were reversed, I would have a huge problem with it. But since I support Paul, I am hoping he wins at the Convention. I think he stands a real chance of beating Obama in debates. Romney doesn't. Romney is a tool with lots of money and is a horrible choice for President. If my choices are Romney or Obama, I'm voting for Obama. At that point, a vote for Paul would be wasted.

Think of a scale. One side represents Obama, the other Romney. I can either place a stone on Obama's side, on Romney's side, or throw the stone into the river. Well, I don't want Romney winning, so I'd better add weight to the other side. Throwing my stone into the river isn't going to help... as sad as it is...

RP2012
I would still throw it in the river.

That's because you are a real man. You have reached self actualization via a higher level of consciousness and you can be proud.

edit on 31-5-2012 by NowIsThe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

A better title would be:

"Mitt Romney Fails to Secure Republican Nomination in Texas".

Is this what we have to look forward to if Ron Paul is elected? An increase in terrible grammar?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Wow, you have to see this to believe it. Ron Paul supporters actually think they can defy the will of the majority of the people who voted in the primaries? ...and simply force their candidate on them? The people who would be Dictators

The will of the majority? Well let's just see here... when Ron Paul wins the popular vote in the primary, the only people who go crazy are the MSM and the elitist scumbags that don't really matter... which usually only fills a small convention hall... When Romney wins the popular vote in the promary, there's a massive uproar of people who would fill a football stadium... REAL people who have logically come to the conclusion that YES, they were cheated.

The will of the people is NOT the will of the MSM or the establishment, despite what they might have you believe. If Ron Paul picks up the majority of delegates in the convention, all that shows is just how much fraud the establishment has pulled over the course of the primaries. Just think for a second that Ron Paul gets support from ALL sides (D,R,I) while Mitt Romney get support from the establishment or brainwashed Republican supporters... The logic says Ron Paul should win every primary, the mathematics say that the system is rigged and the answer was predetermined by the people who asked the question in the first place.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
It's just sad at this point.

Romney is the nominee...deal with it.

It is sad, that the illusion of choice in a two party system, that Romney is an Obama clone. Well, the only difference will be excuse of the next president when they don't do anything - Obama will blame Bush and the Republicans and Romney will just blame Obama.

HURRAY - REJOICE that you will see 4 more years of the same old.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by theMat

Here's another reality check. I know 1 person who like Ron Paul. The rest support Romney or someone else. The majority does not want RP.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
It's just sad at this point.

Romney is the nominee...deal with it.

I don't care what you've been told, but delegates do not vote prior to the convention, you know this. That is essentially what Ben Swann is saying and he's 100% right, Mitt Romney is the presumptive nominee, not the actual nominee.

Maybe you should learn about the process instead of trolling Ron Paul threads on ATS. Will Paul lose, yes, has he, no.

The system was designed to protect the minority from the majority, if you don't, you have people like the idiot from the south who thinks every gay should be locked behind an electric fence until they die deciding what' s best for everyone. That is precisely why we are a Constitutional Republic, so that the in touch voters can over turn the majority of ignorant people. The system is setup to feed on the less educated dimwits and get them fighting over nothing, like j377r whatever his name is and Eurisko and neo 96, they represent the morons who shouldn't get a say and rightfully so.
edit on 31-5-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I have a friend in Louisiana and he is a Paul supporter, he is also going to the LA state convention. He sent me a text message worried about his safety (was asking if I would provide some executive protection along with another friend that worked for Blackwater). The republican establishment doesn't like losing its power to new blood. ie. Ron Paul supporters.

It kinda got me thinking, what if in the states where Ron Paul has the delegates, are prevented from attending the national convention. Instead the establishment that was unseated sends there own delegation. I fear this is a very real possibility. We have seen in several states and well documented here on ATS that the establishment has repeatedly refused to seat Paul supporters even though they were the majority. Some conventions taking place outside the venue as the establishment kicked them out.

Lets fast forward to the Republican National Convention...

The Paul delegates show up with their state issued credentials but the establishment refuses to allow them in. They protest. The MSM will just call them sore losers and not even carry it as a headline. Since the Secret Service will be involved many supporters may be charged as felons due to the Executive Order signed by Obama.

We are in for a show!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Come on, look at the Bush Gore election where it took two weeks to decide the winner, and from where was it decided............. Jeb Bush's state, and to top it off, Gore had more popular vote.

Now I in no way liked Gore, nor did I like Bush, but regardless, the same TPTB corruption set the stage and inserted their player.

The only thing that could save us now against Obama, is an OVERWHELMING Landslide vote/ballot count that couldn't be manipulated by media... (the tool of TPTB).....

Even if Ron Paul wins at every turn, I don't think he will be allowed to win, and sadly..! or if he does win, his death will follow shortly convienently for TPTB. My vote is for Ron Paul..!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
I have a friend in Louisiana and he is a Paul supporter, he is also going to the LA state convention. He sent me a text message worried about his safety (was asking if I would provide some executive protection along with another friend that worked for Blackwater). The republican establishment doesn't like losing its power to new blood. ie. Ron Paul supporters.

It kinda got me thinking, what if in the states where Ron Paul has the delegates, are prevented from attending the national convention. Instead the establishment that was unseated sends there own delegation. I fear this is a very real possibility. We have seen in several states and well documented here on ATS that the establishment has repeatedly refused to seat Paul supporters even though they were the majority. Some conventions taking place outside the venue as the establishment kicked them out.

Lets fast forward to the Republican National Convention...

The Paul delegates show up with their state issued credentials but the establishment refuses to allow them in. They protest. The MSM will just call them sore losers and not even carry it as a headline. Since the Secret Service will be involved many supporters may be charged as felons due to the Executive Order signed by Obama.

We are in for a show!

That is an exceptional assessment, and quite likely.
I came to that very conclusion. And in the unlikely event of playing by the rules wins RP the nomination. This is what would follow...Media blackout, followed by Executive orders which will seize the RNC in the name of "National Security." At which point riots would have already started at the Convention. The catalyst for the national security cover, will of course be a gun or "homegrown terror". Predictable sort of deal.

We can all agree this is the most blatant corrupt in your face Election in Recent History, also coinciding with the death of Independent voices coming from the Internet.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
You cannot trust the media Hypnosis is being overused and they are killing us and not reporting anything truthful. We all know what the worlds situation is. The problem is we have those who wish to see us fail. The real problem is that they are our own country. That is why even though I am a General, Secret service and Central intelligence I also became interpole. This country lost it's right's to N.A.S.A. competing with me.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
When are people going to wake up?

Do you all really believe that the two parties have any real significant difference from one another?

Do you think it matters whether an R or a D follows a presidents name?

These two parties are tag teaming America into oblivion and all you can do is cheerlead "your" side and blame the other.

America is in for a rude awakening and when it happens you will all look back on this time and realize what fools you have been.

I too used to believe in a party. I voted for Bush twice. What an asshat I was. Not because I didn't vote for Gore or Kerry but because I actually believed all that BS. And make no mistake about it - it was all BS.

If you continue to support Obama or think that Romney is better or you are gonna vote "for the lesser of two evils" then shame on you. YOU have destroyed this country! YOU have destroyed it through your willful ignorance and blind allegiance to nothing but a name. If you had any integrity you wouldn't vote for either of these two.

Ron Paul is a candidate that IS different. If you cared about your country in the slightest and had at least one functioning brain cell you would have supported the man.

America you are going to get every bit of what you deserve - YOU were warned ....
edit on 31-5-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
well romney and obama
go figure
a race to the bottom
good bye america

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Wow you got to stop being so hard on RP supporters, you keep crushing there dreams like you have been it could lead to mass suicides. Then you'll feel pretty bad, it's best to let them keep there dreams alive for as long as they can. It's like children believing in Santa Clause it's best to break reality in slowly over time.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by freakjive

A better title would be:

"Mitt Romney Fails to Secure Republican Nomination in Texas".

Is this what we have to look forward to if Ron Paul is elected? An increase in terrible grammar?

This is an example of an ignorant post by someone that I generally find to be an intelligent person.

First, there is nothing grammatically incorrect about the title. Secondly, I copied the title directly.

Finally, are you really just here to be the grammar police?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

edit on 5/31/2012 by yeahright because: Staff edit to remove duplicate of previously removed post

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If the reps are dumb enough to push romney through to the nomination then obama is guaranteed a 2nd term.

since real progress only happens on 2nd terms maybe obama will boss up the 2nd time around and do what he promised instead of playing ball with TPTB

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join