It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: Texas didn't secure Mitt Romney the nomination!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
In the video below, Reality Check provides the actual truth in the race for delegates and the GOP nomination. All these BS news outlets are reporting false news, as the delegate count cannot and will not but fully determined until after the convention.

You Ron Paul haters can jump up and down and scream and shout all you want with the latest news. Again, I wonder why you will listen to the MSM when it comes to anything Anti-Paul, but if it's on another topic, "they're lying pigs that cannot be trusted!"

Oddly enough, almost everyone of you are Obama supporters,
so we know what you really fear about a Ron Paul victory!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm sorry, and I know RP is big here but Robin Williams has something to say about this. The longer this self deception goes on the harder the fall is going to be. Is RP the best man for the job? Maybe. Is it going to happen? No.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Again, I wonder why you will listen to the MSM when it comes to anything Anti-Paul, but if it's on another topic, "they're lying pigs that cannot be trusted!"

Isn't your source from Fox news? It has the little watermark in the corner. LOL.

+26 more 
posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm sorry, and I know RP is big here but Robin Williams has something to say about this. The longer this self deception goes on the harder the fall is going to be. Is RP the best man for the job? Maybe. Is it going to happen? No.

Your lame attempt at humor fails...hard.

My thread is regarding the fact that the MSM is lying about Romney gaining the nomination, not about the let down of Ron Paul not gaining the nomination.

Whether Ron Paul does or does not gain the nomination, this has been the most successful campaign American politics has seen in an extremely long time, if not ever. The fact that we are changing the Republican party for the better and taking it back to it's roots is a win for the masses no matter what.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Again, I wonder why you will listen to the MSM when it comes to anything Anti-Paul, but if it's on another topic, "they're lying pigs that cannot be trusted!"

Isn't your source from Fox news? It has the little watermark in the corner. LOL.

Fair enough, Domo. This is a local Fox station that has been carrying the opposite message of the flagship national media the entire race.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I'm sorry you saw that as humor friend. It wasn't. It was a wake up call. I've gotten behind a candidate before that I thought was the man for the job, Ed Broadbent, back in the 70's, and was severely disappointed several times when the people didn't back him. This is very similar.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I do have to agree that there are a TON of members here that bash the MSM, while quoting it for their own little agendas. I think it's probably best to take most news with a grain of salt.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Originally posted by intrepid

Your lame attempt at humor fails...hard.

My thread is regarding the fact that the MSM is lying about Romney gaining the nomination, not about the let down of Ron Paul not gaining the nomination.

Whether Ron Paul does or does not gain the nomination, this has been the most successful campaign American politics has seen in an extremely long time, if not ever. The fact that we are changing the Republican party for the better and taking it back to it's roots is a win for the masses no matter what.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
When I saw this thread earlier ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) I knew there had to be more to it than what was being revealed. Ron Paul is still in this race, and I am sure he will not go down as easy as the GOP would hope at the convention.

Can't wait to see the look on Romney's face when he loses at the convention.
Even better, I can't wait to see the look on Obama's face when he has to go one on one with Ron Paul in a debate.

edit on 30-5-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
GOP is FORCING delegates to sign an affidavit to vote for Romney in Tampa or be changed with PERJURY...Can anyone discuss this in detail?

I found this on Daily Paul site.

From John Maige (on "Lawyers for Ron Paul FB page): "It may be possible to simply draw a line through the phrase 'I certify under the pain and penalty of perjury, that on the first ballot at the 2012 Republican National Convention, I will affirmatively Vote for Mitt Romney, the winner of the 2012 Massachusetts Presidential Primary,' and place your initials next to the crossed out section to certify that you do not agree to that part of the document. Then sign the document and hand deliver to the town clerk before 3pm May 29th. This should definitely quantify a legal solution that is absolutely defendable in court. DO NOT USE WHITE OUT as the statement that you "strike through" should still be visible to be read by a judge. Delegates should certify themselves either through a custom legally formatted affidavit, or by using the "Strike-through" method for contracts and affidavits on the MASS GOP phony affidavit (easiest method). Any detraction will not be upheld in court based on case history placing the delegates in the advantage. As defined by USC 42 1971-1974 AND 1983 Voting Rights - The delegates must have freedom of choice all the way through the nomination process! The State GOP is held accountable to the Constitution and as it pertains to Civil Rights. Violations of individual liberty/civil rights can result in Civil proceedings against the offending body. In which case the Ron Paul delegates hold the advantage in all matters of the court regarding their voting rights!

edit on 30-5-2012 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

This is how bound delegates are bound. Me and other members have been saying this is how it was done for months now but we were ignored and blown off. You can be surprised all you want but this is how things are done.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

The reporter's name is "Ben Swann". He is in control of his own little segment called "Reality Check". He talks about things that you don't hear anyone else talking about. It's a miracle he's still on the air with all the truthful reporting he's been doing. I'm not one to defend the MSM, but you can't discredit someone solely based on MSM watermarks. Not everyone working for them is as corrupt as the majority. You should check him out. The reason he suddenly gained popularity was because he was giving Ron Paul a very fair shake the entire campaign. In fact he's been speaking out against the establishment for quite a while now. I put him in the same category as John Stossel. Ben Swann

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Ok, I get that... but is it legal? What i'm finding is that there has been no real legal challenge to binding delegates This is from RNC legel counsel.

it has been discovered that in 2008, the RNC Legal Counsel legally interpreted the RNC rules and concluded that all delegates, regardless of state party rules, could vote for whomever he or she chooses at the Republican National Convention.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reality check ?

oh, the irony

is paul even campaining anymore ?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
When I saw this thread earlier ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) I knew there had to be more to it than what was being revealed. Ron Paul is still in this race, and I am sure he will not go down as easy as the GOP would hope at the convention.

Can't wait to see the look on Romney's face when he loses at the convention.
Even better, I can't wait to see the look on Obama's face when he has to go one on one with Ron Paul in a debate.

edit on 30-5-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately its going to be a long wait on both of those things. Long, as in, forever. It aint gonna happen. Time to face reality.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

perjury ?

betraying the will of the people you represent is treason

what a joke of a campaign, I mean you all should be embarrased

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I never believe anything that come from the lame stream media. I have always been and will always be for Dr. RON PAUL!!! Nothing they say will change that. I will write him in if he isn't on the ballot. I WILL NOT vote for anyone else, period!!!

RON PAUL 2012!!!!!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
REALITY CHECK: As I posted in a similar thread, Ron Paul will use the delegates he has been awarded to broker himself a prime speaking role and time at the National Convention. Once he has been given said speaking time, he will then give all of his delegates to Mitt Romney. Gingrich and Santorum will use the same tactic to gain their respective speaking roles in exchange for their delegates.

I really don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

From wikipedia in ref to US Primaries...

This process was never included in the United States Constitution, and thus was created over time by the political parties.

How can it be treason when the rules are made up as they go by the parties....NOT the people.

I'm trying to further understand the whole process and how to effectively participate, what are you doing?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Note that it says the RNC trumps state party rules. Many delegates are bound by state law not state party rules. Also, even if it is not a state law as long as the delegate signs the affidavit they are then legally bound. If they don't sign it is still well within the state party's authority to not send you as a delegate. Pretty much all the legal consul found is that if you are not legally bound to vote a certain way then you can vote for whoever you want. However, as far as I know all bound delegates are legally bound one way or another.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join