It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto O'Rourke, Marijuana Legalization Supporter, Beats Rep. Silvestre Reyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

A Texas congressional candidate who favors marijuana legalization beat eight-term incumbent El Paso Rep. Silvestre Reyes Tuesday in the Democratic primary for the congressional district closest to Mexico's Ciudad Juarez.

In unofficial results, Beto O'Rourke scored 23,248 votes for 50.5 percent of the vote, clearing the 50 percent threshold needed to avoid a runoff. Reyes tallied 44.4 percent. The 2012 Democratic primary boasted more than 10,000 additional voters over 2010, sending turnout up from 9.8 percent to 14.2 percent.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

An interesting development in Texas. Incumbent taken out of the race in the primaries. I wonder if this is a mandate on the failed policies put forth by Reyes, or something more, as the article suggests. I am of the opinion that it was more of a vote AGAINST Reyes than a vote FOR O'Rourke. It will be interesting to see if this guy is able to get to Washington. From what I understand, the GOP candidate should be a pushover.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It has come to our attention that it is still legal to smoke onion skin in you area. Urh, I mean, run a tor relay.

new topics

join