It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced technology for the masses.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Instant translation devices being built into eye glasses are here now. They have vocal receivers that detect a language other then that of the person wearing the glasses, then translate that into the colloquial language, the actual language of the person wearing them, displaying in a corner of a lens in words. It then allows you to speak to the other person by translating your words into theres, but spelled phonetically.

They will first be made available first to US military troops, then to others as sone as possible.

Wow, could I have used these on more then one occasion, I have enough trouble with English!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Would like a source please (mostly to see if there is more discussion on how it works).

Sounds good. I have been wondering when we will start using glasses actually. I guess tech is small enough now to make it viable.
Now, we need to make them in stylish sunglasses, and have a ton of different functions, such as zoom, infrared, picture, and a whole host of applications that could come in super handy.

We should be entering a gadget bubble soon. the bubble/burst 10 year cycle now favors a new boom and new tech..I do hope it is physical/technological integration that is the new thing...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I believe this may be what OP was talking about.

Translator Glasses

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Closed captioning taken to a whole new level! They could definitely be very useful. It would need to be possible for the other person you were communiating with to have them as well, or a device that enabled you to respond in the language that's being translated.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Closed captioning taken to a whole new level! They could definitely be very useful. It would need to be possible for the other person you were communiating with to have them as well, or a device that enabled you to respond in the language that's being translated.

Actually, the advantage of this technology translates both ways, the other person need not have them.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

In time, we wont need glasses, contacts etc. But have direct cranial layers (based on dermal synthetic silk) that will do this and much more. As for who is interested in this and "additional sources" lets say DARPA is a major player in this and other bio-mechical technology. Sad we had to develop so much due to war, but it will be made available to the civilian market as well.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Awesome!

Can't wait for the x-ray vision Application

Just kidding, but someone had to say it

Wish i could get a pair of these, they would be nice to have imho.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I've been waiting for a practical set of data glasses since I was 12 years old (18 years ago)! Hopefully Google's project glass will finally be the one to make it to market. I don't know if they have a translator app yet but my guess is it could be developed.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

I have had my run inns with Google and they have not bean altogether pleasant. But I do give credit where credit is due, and some of their technology is extraordinary. And some of ours is even better, and they hate that. We also have a lot less money then they do. And so it go's...

top topics

join