It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does it even matter if Obama was born in Kenya?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
reply to post by jude11

So, your answer to "Why is it a law" is "because it's a law" ? Hm.

I don't care that it's a law if nobody can give me any good reason as to why that law exists.

It would make sense that only an American born of the soil can govern Americans.....what part of that doesn't make sense?

It's like someone from Africa coming into your home and sleeping with your wife while your still in the same bed.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I give up.

You guys are a bunch of airheads.

Talking about totally irrelevant issues when if it were true it would cause such a huge mess it could be generations before we could recover.

Name calling? Another favorite democrat tactic. When all else fails, call people names. Go right for the personal attacks.

It would create the biggest political and fiscal mess the country has ever seen.

You mean like the one we're in now? The one Obama has done nothing to fix and everything to exacerbate?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
to me it would matter because that would be a clear sign to me at least that the government was in on it..

in fact it would seem like they brought him in to try and pretend a clean slate after the bush failings, which I also think were intentional.

not to mention that obama essentially carried on bush policies

it would matter because it would mean you're vote is meaningless.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It's nauseating that there are some here who fail to recognize the national security implications of a non-citizen in the WH.

The president is privy to some of the most sensitive information about our country. He develops an intimate knowledge of how the WH and the Pentagon function.

Do you really want someone with no investment in the welfare of our country sitting behind the same desk formerly occupied by men like Roosevelt and Kennedy?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
So the reasoning i gather from everyone posting here is that the Pres needs to be like uncle sam, bleed red white and blue and have americas best interest at heart and thats only possible if hes a citizen.

If this is your only reasoning, this hasnt been the case in decades and allot of presidents should have lost their jobs!

So its ok for the pres to screw over the country, do a bad job and have their hands in the pockets of foreign corporations as long as he has the birth certificate?

what a joke!

edit on 31-5-2012 by FuturePeace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Why does it even matter if Obama was born in Kenya?,

The law is there for our protection. A foriegn born POTUS could easily have split loyalties. A POTUS with split loyalties would NOT be good for the USA. His primary concern should always be for the people of America. We come first. Our country comes first. The founding fathers knew that a POTUS with split loyalties would be bad for America. They were right. The law is a very good one. It should be followed and every POTUS should be vetted very, very carefully.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I have seen people born in El Salvador, Mexico, Russia, Ireland, and a few other countries become US citizens. Most of these people had just as much , if not more, love for America than man native born citizens. I watched a kid from Liberia(sp) give an American kid a history lesson on America. I have little doubt that there are a great many people that were not born in America that are 100% loyal to her. Just as many that were born here couldn't care less about such loyalty. So the "born in America, loyal to America" trip no longer really matters. But, because of the power the President wields, we insist on his being an American. As if the place you are born instills in you a certain code of ethics.

Non-native born citizens are allowed into other roles in politics because they are a cog in a machine. If they had the tendancy to favor an outside benefactor then others could keep them in line. The President simply holds too much power for this check and balance system to work, and the position is gaining more and more power over the last decade.

+edit - the real problem is that an "average" person is never going to be president. It takes millions of dollars to run for office and millionaires are all the same, regardless of their country of origin.
edit on 31-5-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus

I have seen people born in El Salvador, Mexico, Russia, Ireland, and a few other countries become US citizens. Most of these people had just as much , if not more, love for America than man native born citizens. I watched a kid from Liberia(sp) give an American kid a history lesson on America. I have little doubt that there are a great many people that were not born in America that are 100% loyal to her. Just as many that were born here couldn't care less about such loyalty. So the "born in America, loyal to America" trip no longer really matters. But, because of the power the President wields, we insist on his being an American. As if the place you are born instills in you a certain code of ethics.

This is true, but you have to start somewhere. The law is supposed to be a baseline for consideration in order to give us something to build from, but we couldn't possibly put into law everything else that should be considered when selecting a President.

So, even though we know that Obama may not have been born in Kenya, we do know that he didn't spend any significant amount of time there for it to make a direct impact, however, we do know that his father obviously made an impact on him in his search for his own identity. These are the types of things we should be considering above and beyond the law. Had everyone taken the time to do their own homework, they would have realized that Obama has always suffered from an identity crisis based on his book, "Dreams from My Father". Why else would someone write a book about a father that they had only met twice before in their lives? Why do some people sympathize with a parent who has rejected them or feel the need to live out a parent's dream in order to gain a sense of acceptance, even after their parent has passed on? The truth is, we should be performing psychological evaluations on our candidates, but I'm sure that would be considered a violation of privacy. If anything, let's hope that what we've learned about Obama will encourage us to dig deeper into WHO these people really are....inside and out...regardless of where they or their parents were born.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Look at it this way.
Lets just say you were a hard working individual and were good at your job.
You loved your job, continued to work hard and dedicated yourself to know everything there is to know about that job. Then you become the subject matter expert, an exceptional employee that now knows more about the business than the crappy boss that hired you. 
You reflect and assess that you love your profession, are proud of the wealth of knowledge you've acquired over the years but realize that you really hate your crappy boss.
You eventually get fed up and decide to quit to start a business of your own. You start your new business and things are looking good. You then decide to develop and document a set of  rules, policies and procedures based on your wealth of knowledge known as experience. Finally you put together an employee handbook for all current and future employees to use as a guide to ensure your business continues to stay on course and prosper. 
After many years of continued success your business begins to suffer when you realize your employees are no longer using the employee handbook as guide.

The Constitution is that handbook, and we as a country are on a decline because our leaders are out of controll and we the people just sit there and take it. We keep trying to ignore the words of our founding fathers by trying to replace them with our own.  
Now, the possibility that Obama may not natural born is a good example of why this country is in it's current state.

That's why it matters!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is a GREAT example of how DECEIVED people are. We are stuck with LINES ON A MAP. We call them "borders". Why does it matter that a mexican is born in Mexico? We act like people, outside of the U.S., come from another PLANET.

Mankind is still sleeping in his IGNORANCE! Please wake up!!!

BTW.....who gave 'them' the power to create laws, and why do we follow them? Someone remind me WHY i'm on PLANET EARTH....because it's inhabitants, make absolutely NO SENSE!!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4nothin

Outer space is still available.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join