It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watched and Followed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yeah. I'm followed and watched and messed with....
Oh, not totally covertly messed with like it was some alphabet org doggin' me. No. It is businesses.

I browse the net for things like car parts, antique watch data, silver coin info, CREE torches, etc., anything, actually. Maybe not seriously looking, just browsin' and learnin'. I eventually tire and close out the browser and come to ATS.

What happens? Related ads follow me here. But usually they are only tangentially related (I look up a cheap antique Elgin pocket watch and get offers once at ATS to spend 2K on some quality Swiss wristwatch.) However, these targeted ads seem to more brightly done than the usual. (My imagination?) Ambush ads I call 'em.

I guess I'm super sensitive being that I don't watch TV or listen much to radio. So my conditioning is weak--or is it too strong? Perhaps I need to log off ATS when I do browser searches?

I call this a fun rant, is that possible?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

No, you just need to ensure you are logged out of google and are opting out of tracking cookies or outright blocking them. In fact, I'd suggest you setup a separate and "secure" browser for non ATS browsing, as ATS requires that you do not use ad blocking or filtering software.......

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yeah, why is that? I never thought anything of it until you just mentioned it. We should be allowed.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Delete your cookies more often and that won't happen. You are allowing yourself to be tracked. Just visiting a site will add a tracking cookie to your computer. How persistent it is varies. Some are for 30 days, some longer. Not all the ads you see on ATS are the result of cookies, but some certainly are.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
ATS has ads? That's news to me.

Noscript and Firefox are your friend!

-SC

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
A website that has Ads?

That's how they make money.

No sense trying to sell you a purse.

top topics

join