It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Radiation detected in US food supply

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Scores of experts and
analysts have feared for months that it
would happen, and now it has: Radiation
from the heavily damaged nuclear power
plants at Japan's Fukushima complex has
made it into the seafood chain off the
coast of America.

Small amounts of cesium-137 and
cesium-134, both radioactive elements
released after a major earthquake-caused
tsunami damaged at least three reactors at
the site along Japan's northeastern coast in
March 2011, have been found in at least 15
tuna that were recently caught off the coast
of California, scientists have said.

The finding suggests that the fish may have
carried the contamination across the Pacific
Ocean faster than wind or water has been
able to do, and months earlier than wind
and water brought debris from the
damaged nuclear plant across the ocean to
the shores of Alaska and the Pacific
Northwest, said Reuters.

Experts are saying that the levels of radiation found in the fish are safe enough for Human consumption.. but we have to remember that all three reactors have still not been dealt with to any extent..

Radioactive water and steam have been leaking into the ocean and atmosphere for a while now and will probably be for quite some time. Remember what happened in eastern Europe when the soviets had a meltdown?

Well now its three reactors instead of one and i fear the inevitable knock on effect for the world should this go on a good while longer.

Japanese food some would say is starting to become dangerous to eat. I fear for the Japanese and I pray other countries such as the United States don't start getting ill because of this tragedy.
NaturalNews

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
this will certainly end people living off of medicare and social security for too long. life expectancy just became shorter with fukishima. but on the bright side, look at how much more profits will be made by big pharma, for profit hospitals, research labs, hazmat companies,..etc.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
To put it lightly, this is not cool. Not cool at all.

I keep telling people about this situation but they dont seem to care. Or at least they wont care until it effects them or is all over the news. Just like the government really.

I really feel bad for the US though. They have the Gulf polluted on the East side and the West side is on its way to becoming the same.

I know people on ATS are always complaining about all the doom and gloom threads but it cant be helped! Just take a step back and look what is happening to this planet on a daily basis! And its only getting worse.

*Think positive thoughts*
edit on 30-5-2012 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

If the tragedy in Japan was being reported fairly and substantially enough people would protest. Its not being talked about at all. Like you said people don't seem to care, some people will need radiation shoved down their throats before they even take notice, let alone care.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

with -137 having a half-life of 30 years, let's just hope the speculators don't lay siege to the world food markets too much. i've read snippets japan is paying top money for perishable imports, however, i cannot verify that statement.

s and f
f.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I love how with all the news sources you always hear the same bull$h!t phrases, "Experts say" who are these experts and what are they experts in exactly.No level of nuclear radiation is safe!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ThoughtIsMadness

Not unless you are Anne Coulter......

They will feed you whatever BS line you want to hear to make you sleep better at night, that is until you don't wake up from that sleep you felt good about taking!!

top topics

join