It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Finally Debunked ; How to Make Thermite (Video) .. Steel Melting like Butter in 1sec

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
you used words of others and tried to use them as your own....the best scenario for collapse survival.....when you parrot make sure you don't just take others words and use them as your own.

I took nobody's words. I wrote everything myself. If I'm quoting someone, I use the quote function as you can see from my posts. Quote me plagiarising or retract the accusation please.

now you have been on here since 2008 and the only threads you reply in are none other than 911..(cept moon hoax)
..ODD
Even though it is of interest to myself....is it my only topic of discussion.....nope.

now soon as i see the parroting that sent up flags....you are only here for one reason and one reason alone....you do not want to discuss logically....you only want to troll.....sorry not going to feed the troll.

Please don't insinuate I am a troll or worse, I am not interested in the vast majority of the forums here. Space exploration is not bad but Phage has a perfect handle on any nonsense there.

you were wrong about k out

I know exactly what k out refers to...also the block has to remain rigid...if it does not then Bazants paper fails....it Failed.

The block does not have to remain rigid. I was not wrong about k out. Just because you say things does not make them true.

Simple as that.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kidtwist

Care to explain why? Usually as soon as I ask just how thermite was used, I never get an answer.

I can give you one for angle grinders. Angle grinders were used during the whole year prior to the disaster to cut and weaken the columns by a small group of people who were doing "maintanance".

I even dare to say that my theory is better than any thermite theory I have heard.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kidtwist

Sure, on any subject you can always find a small group of people, even experts, who think differently. The consensus, among say 99% of the experts, is what is important.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Strange, I'm fairly certain I'm sane. Generally idea's outside the mainstream indicate insanity, delusions or irrationality.

Truthers are in fact a tiny crowd of radicals far outside the mainstream opinion, considered delusional by most.

Because you can make Thermite easily is proof? That's not a rational conclusion.

When even Bin Laden and others involved themselves say they did it and the Truthers still persist, how is that rational? It's not.

You want to attract people to your side, this is the exact opposite of what you should post.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

reply to post by Ben81

Good post. Now, really, you must edit your OP and change "termites" to "thermite." It just helps make the post/thread more valid and credible. Yes, we all spell words wrong and sometimes use improper grammar, but as the person who starts a thread sure to sprout controversy, you've got to get "termites" off. It lowers the quality of the assertions. Just some good-natured feedback for you!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How could anyone look at the collapse of 7
and think that was a natural occurrence because of fire?
I mean really, after all these years it really comes down to WTC 7.

I have no proof but my feeling is 7 was wired (probably
by some Black Water dudes) and it was supposed to come down
at the same time as the towers. Something didn't go as planned.
It's such an obvious demolition.
If not ,find me a video of a 47+ story building starting with a
nice crinkle that's not on fire collapsing very
concisely in it's footprint... Because of fire.

Oh and why is it if you are in an accident
at an intersection in a Podunk town you'll have at least 4 more views
on DOT cameras than we have of a plane (that we've never seen)
hitting the Pentagon?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
If not ,find me a video of a 47+ story building starting with a
nice crinkle that's not on fire collapsing very
concisely in it's footprint... Because of fire.

Do you have any videos of 47+ buildings collapsing that is not CD at all? If not, how do you know what it should look like?

What you are doing is imagine (or feel as you call it) what the collapse should look like and then conclude that reality is not like your imagination. Instead of questioning your imagination, you question reality. My conclusion that you have poor imagination skills in addition to a poor understanding of structural engineering.

You may interpret this as a personal attack, but as your imagination seems to be your only argument (you don't have proof) its pretty much the only thing we can talk about in this case. I too rather talk about evidence put forward to support CD claims.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

Nah I dont take it as a personal attack.
Any ideas on the Pentagon vs intersection cameras?
And yep it's all gut, but WTC was demolished.
(according to my gut)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

What if 7 was carefully cleared and brought down after the fact to keep the documents we know it contained from being gathered by people with bad intent? What if they are simply keeping that sensible act secret to keep the radicals who surround these issues from using it as false ammunition.

If, and that's a huge if, building 7 was brought down intentionally, it would be easy to make a case that it was sensible to do so. They went to great lengths to make sure it was clear before it was brought down. Even the Fire Fighters were told to evacuate hours before it came down. I'd be tempted to believe something of that nature, but most of this nonsense?

It's the other madness that turns folks of to the insane theories. Not to mention the slap in the face to the families of victims and the eye witnesses to the planes hitting the buildings. There were no holograms or missiles or other nonsense, just the crazy Terrorists who flew the planes into the buildings as admitted to many times and even by even Bin Laden.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
It takes days of planning and proper explosives to bring down a building perfectly...

You can mess up even when done right, look on you tube there's tons of messed up demo videos.

Thats two perfect implosions by happenstance, putting all else aside that still gets me.

The thermite didn't necessarily have to bring the buildings down. My working theory is that thermite tape (for lack of a better term) was wrapped around major load-bearing girders top to bottom and ignited sometime after the impacts, cutting the girders through diagonally, but not fully. Just enough to keep the buildings standing until the areas weakened by the impact destruction collapsed downward. The outer skin could have been the only thing holding the buildings up at that point. Pancaking like we saw normally wouldn't occur, but the girders having been all but removed, there was almost nothing to stop it once it started. Alternate the diagonal cuts so the girders stayed in a relatively tight area on the way down. Keep in mind that software existed at the time to simulate the whole thing so engineers of the demolition knew where to put the thermite and how much to cut so they'd be successful.

That's my theory anyway.

edit on 31-5-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
The thermite didn't necessarily have to bring the buildings down. My working theory is that thermite tape (for lack of a better term) was wrapped around major load-bearing girders top to bottom and ignited sometime after the impacts, cutting the girders through diagonally, but not fully

I'm not sure which 'girders' you are referring to. The WTC was truss floor framed, and they were held on by fairly weak and small angle clips:

In order to damage these with thermite you'd have to dig through the concrete and cut through the metal decking. It's not the easiest proposition.

Keep in mind that software existed at the time to simulate the whole thing so engineers of the demolition knew where to put the thermite and how much to cut so they'd be successful.

This software doesn't even exist today, and the computing time is incredibly prohibitive. NIST simulated WTC7s collapse to only a few seconds in, and it took them months per run. I dunno who's told you that a simulator existed, but it didn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by waypastvne

different thread
edit on 043030p://f17Friday by plube because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join