It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birthers: Certificate released, proving presidental candidate was not eligable to run for POTUS!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
When a American votes in a foreign election they void their citizenship.

Yeah that's not true.

American citizen here who voted in the UK, I'm still an American citizen and I'm not Jewish. And yes I can prove it

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well I'm no fan of Romney, and I'm not even American for that matter.

Being a natural born citizen involves YOU being born in the US,
OR
EITHER one of your parents has and maintains US citizenship.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Al gore lost his home state to the opposing party which is pathetic. RP was on the ballot with about 9 other people, and the voting was an in party primary, so not really all that odd.

Hell he came in a strong second, and with people like santorum and newt still on the ballot, it's really not all that pathetic of him to take second.

RACE NAME DELEGATES EARLY VOTES PERCENT TOTAL VOTES PERCENT
President/Vice-President
Michele Bachmann 0 7,801 1.12% 12,327 0.85%
John Davis 0 2,175 0.31% 4,684 0.32%
Newt Gingrich 0 32,226 4.65% 67,888 4.70%
Jon Huntsman 0 4,001 0.57% 9,507 0.65%
Ron Paul 0 71,193 10.27% 172,459 11.94%
Charles "Buddy" Roemer 0 2,225 0.32% 4,704 0.32%
Mitt Romney 108 493,655 71.24% 995,949 68.98%
Rick Santorum 0 49,724 7.17% 114,973 7.96%
Uncommitted 0 29,866 4.31% 61,290 4.24%
----------- -----------
Race Total 692,866 1,443,781

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Can this thread be closed? Both of George Romney's parents were US Citizens, making him a US citizen. It doesn't matter where he was born.

That would be pretty stupid if two Americans were vacationing in Cabo San Lucas or something, one of them gave birth, and the US government telling them the child isn't a US citizen...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The reading comprehension in this thread is horrendous. The OP was only being slightly coy, and you guys couldn't even be bothered to figure out what he was actually saying.

Romney's FATHER ran for president illegally. Being born in Mexico means he can't run for president.
Romney on the other hand (the son) is perfectly qualified by natural born citizenship to run.

Obama may or may not be, but I kind of suspect he was born in Kenya. Probably in college some time strings were pulled when his potential was realized... Money talks, and people walk.

Come on people READ MORE.

as for the truth in this matter:

Source

The Conclusive Definition Of "Natural-Born Citizen"

Natural-born citizens of the United States are those who are citizens of theUnited States from birth without having to perform any act to acquire orperfect their American citizenship. These are those whose parents are citizensof the United States at the time of their birth.

Natural-born American citizens are those born of American citizen parents,within or without the American Republic, provided in the latter case that one of the parents had resided in the United States prior to the birth of the child.

edit on 5/30/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

So people went back in time (when O was in college) and inserted his birth announcement into alocal paper in hawaii after the fact?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
The reading comprehension in this thread is horrendous. The OP was only being slightly coy, and you guys couldn't even be bothered to figure out what he was actually saying.

Romney's FATHER ran for president illegally. Being born in Mexico means he can't run for president.
Romney on the other hand (the son) is perfectly qualified by natural born citizenship to run.

Come on people READ MORE.

Maybe you should read more (no offense meant.) Both of Mitt Romney's grandparents were US citizens, making his father a US citizen, no matter where he was born (Mexico.) he was not ineligible.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

I was only saying what the op was saying, but if you look back up at my post one moment...

I posted the definition to a natural born citizen...

Whoa.

The edit was done right after my post was so I never saw your post. I have a habit of posting quickly and then editing right away as more things come to mind

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
My understanding of the birther arguement that is that:

1. President Obama was not born in the U.S. Supposedly Kenya.
2. Only one of his Parents (Mother) was a U.S. citizen.
3. His mother was not old enough to have imparted U.S. citizenship on a child born outside of the U.S. This was due to some regulation/Law that was in force at the the time of his birth, which has since changed

Romney's Parents were both U.S. Citizens and he was born on U.S. soil.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I don't really know, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. The guy is already president, and whether he was natural citizen or not, he's a puppet just like Romney.

To answer more directly, no I am not saying that. I just havn't looked at the proof. I have seen faked old news before, so ya know. I see what you're are saying though.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I may have miss-read the OP, but that's because I have had this argument before where someone claimed to be a natural born you have to have both parents US citizens. I assumed it a common misunderstanding.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Child's Birthplace: Detroit, Wayne County.

Romney is an anchor baby, so by democrats' definition of "citizen", he's juuust fiiiine.

Tsk tsk to YOU.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
In order to be a natural born citizen and thus qualify to run for President or Vice President of the United States of America, or any office that may be subject to those positions in the event of succesion, a person must meet the follow terms.

must be born abroad to two U.S. citizen-parents (Naturalization Act of 1790)
must be born “in” the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents (United States v. Wong Kim Ark 1898)
must be born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship “at birth

Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an “alien”

But the sad thing is that you tried to make a point without doing any valid research. George Romney's validity to run for president was questioned at the time and it is even listed simply in the Wikipedia article for Natural-born-citizen clause.

George Romney George Romney (1907–1995), who ran for the Republican party presidential nomination in 1968, was born in Mexico to U.S. parents.Romney's grandfather had emigrated to Mexico in 1886 with his three wives and children after the U.S. federal government outlawed polygamy. Romney's monogamous parents retained their U.S. citizenship and returned to the United States with him in 1912.Romney never received Mexican citizenship, because the country's nationality laws had been restricted to jus sanguinis statutes due to prevailing politics aimed against American settlers.

Source: Wikipedia

So that answers your question and makes your point invalid.

As for the stab at Obama birthers, the only thing that wouldn't make Obama a Natural-born-citizen would be if he was born outside of the United States which is why the mounting evidence of the whole Kenya topic is an issue. You see, to be declared a natural-born citizen when born outside of the United States, both of your parents must be US citizens, and as we know with Barry, that is not the case.

As for his origin of birth - we all know the official story, and we all know the birther version and the more and more information that is coming out against the official story. It isn't so much a conspiracy anymore as a simply proving of one fact to throw the whole movement under the bus. Prove without a shadow of a doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii as most Americans can prove their origins, and let it end. But instead... it will continue.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

See the post above this one...

"must be born abroad to two U.S. citizen-parents (Naturalization Act of 1790)"

This is the misunderstanding I was referring to. That line is incorrect.

You do not have to be born to two US parents, only one, me and my siblings are living proof.

That act also claims you have to be white

Act of March 26, 1790 (1 Stat 103-104) (Excerpts) That any alien, being a free white person...

web.me.com...

That act is no longer valid as it was changed at different times.

edit on 5/30/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

...they tried to sneak in a mexican to become president.

That made me laugh for some reason. Probably because I imagined a stereotypical Mexican being smuggled in through the back door of the White House in a crate of lamps and straw just so he could sneak up to the Oval Office, peek into the room to find Barack sitting in his chair facing the window, crawl across the floor, and then engage in an embarrassing choking battle.
edit on 31-5-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

well they aren't following any rules any ways..

first thought..

was his fathers allegiance to Mexico at the time?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Yeah that's not true.

American citizen here who voted in the UK, I'm still an American citizen and I'm not Jewish. And yes I can prove it

then your days are numbered..

you forfeited your citizenship..

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

Originally posted by ANOK

Yeah that's not true.

then your days are numbered..

you forfeited your citizenship..

Not anymore...

In addition, before 1967 it was possible to lose the citizenship due to voting in foreign elections. However, the Supreme Court ruled unconstitutional the provisions of Section 349(a) which provided for loss of nationality by voting in a foreign election in the case Afroyim v. Rusk, 387 U.S. 253,[34] . 8 U.S.C. § 1481 specifically outlines how loss of nationality may occur, which predominantly involves willful acts over the age of 18 with the intention of relinquishing United States nationality.

US Nationality Law (Wiki)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

yeah thanks muzzleflash..

i know i know..

thats why I said numbered..

its ridicules to think US citizens can mingle in foreign elections ..

we would not want others to head over here and do that..

its a Supreme blunder...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Give me 20 minutes with Photo Shop, and I can easily change this birth certificate to read Romney was born in Mexico.
Can you really trust anything shown on the internet anymore? It's just too easy to manipulate anything if you have the skill to do it.

Maybe future babies will have to have their tush's tattooed with "Born in..."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join