It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birthers: Certificate released, proving presidental candidate was not eligable to run for POTUS!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

That's what states do. They contact the candidate's state of birth and then they verify whether or not they have the candidate's birth certificate and whether or not they are eligible for the position they are running for.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You Obama supporters must be getting REALLY desperate and scared to bring this up.

I don't blame you!!! If my candidates record was as pathetic as Obama's I'd be pretty damn nervous too. 

This thread is very telling...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

You Obama supporters must be getting REALLY desperate and scared to bring this up.

I don't blame you!!! If my candidates record was as pathetic as Obama's I'd be pretty damn nervous too. 

This thread is very telling...

Scared to bring what up?
Obama supporters have a vested interest in keeping the birthers in the spotlight..it is like watching the competition shooting their foot over and over...why would someone want to silence that?

Donald Trump should be invited by Obama to give national speeches about this.

Almost as good as perhaps Icke demanding Obama is a reptilian...its great stuff.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Hint: Seems some people are being a bit slow...this is about George Romney (Willard's dad) and his attempt for potus back in 67. You will note no republicans at the time tried to challenge it..so much for the saviors of the constitution
edit on 30-5-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

If you read my linked article, it says that a journalist did raise this issue back in 1968 but it was never pursued because George dropped out of the race before it became necessary. He dropped out of the race on Feb. 28, 1968.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Hint: Seems some people are being a bit slow...this is about George Romney (Willard's dad) and his attempt for potus back in 67. You will note no republicans at the time tried to challenge it..so much for the saviors of the constitution
edit on 30-5-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

If you read my linked article, it says that a journalist did raise this issue back in 1968 but it was never pursued because George dropped out of the race before it became necessary. He dropped out of the race on Feb. 28, 1968.

After being slammed by democrats about the issue, yes.
But he did give it a shot..and even lied.
This is mostly a flashlight on the history of this issue, showing that there is no pure party for constitutional rights...the republicans will gladly ignore issues concerning clear cut national requirements when its one of their own.
Today they demand that because it is rumored by some how obama may not be us born (lulz), that dems are purposefully covering up and ignoring this..making them these unpatriotic evil infiltrators and republicans would never do that.
This demonstrates that not only would they...but they actually did..and it wasn't even a slight curiousity based on conspiracy rumors..it was a black and white pen and ink fact he wasn't a natural born citizen.

Just kicking some pillars to see what happens.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This isn't new, Mitt's dad was born in a Mormon colony in Mexico.

Mitt's grand-father and great grandfather fled to Mexico to avoid prosecution for practicing a polygamist lifestyle.

His father was ineligible to run for the presidency and dropped out before it was an issue.

The colonies are still there.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
one, obama was born in hawaii, but to stand out and be unique and to further his writing career and ambitions, he claimed to be born in kenya.

or obama, knowing that his birth in hawaii was a lie, choose to tell the truth to anybody who asked because he was uncomfortable perpetuating that lie.

of course, this all changed when people approached him to become president of the united states before he became a senator.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Not only is Romney's allegiance to America in question due to his Mexican roots, but the fact that his family moved to America on the taxpayer dime really brings into question his fiscally conservative principles.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
michigan doesn't provide long form birth certificates. i'm a michigan citizen and all i have is an ugly notarized/sealed PHOTOCOPY of a "certificate of live birth"...and it was good enough for the feds to issue me a passport....

Mine also doesnt say VOID..lol. I'm thinking that's just something to keep it from being photocopied? Scanning it into a computer is probably what made it show up. Since mine's photocopied and all, no security features....

Guess I'm not elgible to be president either then? But i am a natural born citizen.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Not only is Romney's allegiance to America in question due to his Mexican roots, but the fact that his family moved to America on the taxpayer dime really brings into question his fiscally conservative principles.

The way it went I think was Romney's Grandparents (Americans) moved to Mexico for a short time.

Romney's Father (George) was born in Mexico to Two American citizens.

I don't think Romney has any Spanish bloodline or Native American/Mexican bloodline.

Does He ??

Are you under the impression that Romney's Grandparents were of Mexican heritage ?

I don't know.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

zOMg!!!!

According to many birthers he shouldn't be president either.
His father was not a US Citizen.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
i don't understand this at all but, does this mean ron paul is going to win?

because that would be awesome.

No, Mr. Paul is still going to lose. Romney is a natural born citizen the thread is a jab at birther claims that suggest you have to have "Both parents be natural born citizens" to be president.

I was wondering about that and was about to post that it didn't matter where his father was born, he was born in the US... glad I read down a little further ...but still voting for Obama...probably.... I mean, the Mormon thing doesn't bother me at all ( a lot of my family is Mormon, so I'm fine with it) , it's the republican thing that gets on my nerves

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

The way it went I think was Romney's Grandparents (Americans) moved to Mexico for a short time.

I don't think Romney has any Spanish bloodline or Native American/Mexican bloodline.

Does He ??

Are you under the impression that Romney's Grandparents were of Mexican heritage ?

I don't know.

I dunno, he's a relatively handsome guy with black hair, there may be some hispanic or Native American blood in there somewhere...or maybe some Italian or something, but heck, most of the country has one or the other and it wouldn't really matter anyway

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I dunno, he's a relatively handsome guy with black hair, there may be some hispanic or Native American blood in there somewhere...or maybe some Italian or something, but heck, most of the country has one or the other and it wouldn't really matter anyway

He'd make a great Dracula.....LOL!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Could you please look at the laws first before you start throwing your manure around here. There is no comparison in your analysis and is making you look like a revengeful troll.

Thank you for the attempt though LOL

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I guess, thanks to Obama and the birthers for the controversy, from here on out, the birth certificate will be an issue regardless of who runs and the candidate will probably get it prepared to show to the public, as well as the reporters, to prevent any problems that may occur when running for POTUS.

That's just my opinion.....

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

No. I'm not saying they are of 'Mexican Lineage". I'm saying they ran away from America so they could have multiple wives, and then moved back to the US on the taxpayer dime.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hmmm you only need one parent to be American to be a natural born citizen.

The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term “natural born” citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship “by birth” or “at birth,” either by being born “in” the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship “at birth.” Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an “alien” required to go through the legal process of “naturalization” to become a U.S. citizen.

www.fas.org...

I had an American father and an English mother, I was born in England, I did not have to do anything to get US citizenship. All I needed to get my US passport, when I was in England, was prove my Dad was an American citizen. I even used his passport that had expired in 1956. My sister and two brothers did the same thing. My oldest brother joined the US Navy in London, he had never even been to the US.

edit on 5/30/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Does He ??

I don't know.

If Georges parent voted in any elections then they are no longer American citizens. When a American votes in a foreign election they void their citizenship. Only the Jews are exempt from this law. So George could have still been eligible to run for president even if he was born in Mexico.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
When a American votes in a foreign election they void their citizenship.

No.

Absolutely not true. Neither US nor Canadian citizenship law says anything about losing citizenship as a result of voting in an election in another country. Note that US law used to mandate loss of US citizenship for voting in a foreign election. However, this provision was struck down by the Supreme Court in Afroyim v. Rusk and was repealed by Congress in 1978.

www.richw.org...

Only the Jews are exempt from this law.

Where are you getting this stuff? Seriously. I want to know.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join