It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Romney will lose because of his families polygamist background?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
First off i want to say that I do not believe a person should be held responsible for the actions of there descendents, unless they are knowingly using those actions, if determined to be unlawful to further themselves.

I don't think Romney should be held responsible for his great-grandfathers/grandfather polygamist practices but I believe it will come up in the election. I think it will cost him many votes especially among women and may even cost him any chance at the election. As much as Romney distances himself from his Mormon faith his family is considered LDS royalty through marriage with The Smith family.

His family is so directly linked with the church that I believe church policies seen as negative by the majority of Americans may affect his chance at victory.

edit on 30-5-2012 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Personally I don't care about the actions of a person's ancestors...I would vote in the son of Hitler if the policys of that person reflected a positive agenda for the country at hand.
You cannot choose who your mother and father were, only who you are.

He will lose because of his non-stance towards anything...2 people ask him a question, he will give 3 stances that very same day. the voters eventually become angry at that and would rather see an election lost verses put forward someone that holds their label but nothing else.

So, he is a polygamist still...but not with spouses..rather, with ideals..many stances per issue

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There will be people of other faiths that simply won't vote for him because of his religion. But the main reason why he will lose is because of his career of ruining Americans companies so he and his foreign investors could profit from it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
There will be people of other faiths that simply won't vote for him because of his religion. But the main reason why he will lose is because of his career of ruining Americans companies so he and his foreign investors could profit from it.

Well, I mean, thats just business..you do what pays, and if your good at it, your good at it.
But ya, I can definitely see how in the general elections, this will be hyped up...your an experienced businessman, but the experience is in crushing the little people to grow the corporation..which can be paralleled to his stances on corporate favoritism. Best he not even try the I am a successful businessman angle, as that is as much a weight as it is a lift for him.

Yes, some will not want him to be POTUS simply due to different faiths..thats simply stupid though. I once had a thread asking if someone would vote for a atheist...perfect ideals and plan, but he has no religion..many wouldn't simply because they believe a potus requires following christ also, else they are by default, morally bankrupt and serve only people.
Hense why you have every politician pretending to be religious so those fools will vote.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think the MSM will be able to manipulate his business experience in whatever way they want to. Positive or negative. Most people are pretty stupid and will believe what they are fed.

As it comes to Mormonism, i believe that many Americans are very scarred by it and don't understand the religion. The first think people think of is polygamy. With Romney's great- grandfather and grandfather fleeing to mexico to establish mormom colonies to avoid persecution for polygamy it just doesn't look good.

he basically will be forced to denounce his family. Which I don't know if he will.

I think this election will be nasty and it will come up. It may end up being the tipping point in Obama's favor.

A little off topic but this is video of Shane Smith - Editor of vice magazine briefly discussing his experience on Joe Rogan's podcast reporting on Mormon colonies that are currently at war with the drug cartels in Mexico. Which isn't being reported.

NSFW for language

edit on 30-5-2012 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Have you forgotten that Obama's FATHER was a polygamist? Obama would be nuts to bring polygamy up.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
nah, he'll lose because of his republican leanings, not what his ancestors may have done.

new topics

top topics

join