It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Structure with Pillars, porthole and dome on the top In Hellas Basin.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

I think the problem is that your picture is so clear and full of details that the actual object disapears. For instance, where is the portal now? you can't tell, can you? However if you zoom in really really close, you can start to see the alien detail again! So your technique of obfuscation by showing high quality detailed imagry does nothing more than slow down the folks who are looking for really cool alien like things.

This place gets DAFTER by the day do you really believe that above, give you an example if you draw a hi resolution drawing of a circle with say ms paint it looks smooth but zoom in on it and you see its made up of squares the pixels.

Once you get past the max resolution you start to see how the picture is made be it pixels or film grain.

Years ago when film was all the rage the problem was film grain if you scanned a negative or slide film and magnification was to high you saw the grains of the film, you now get software to simulate it for example

Film grain magnified

Do you really think that persons face is made of black and white dots

Photography has been a hobby of mine for over 30yrs learned on a manual focus, manual exposure FILM camera the best way to learn before going digital etc.

I would like to think I have a good idea how images work

Many thread's Arken and others do on here start with google mars/moon images that were not the best to start with, then they zoom to far and detail YES DETAIL is lost, they then join the dots and colour in.

What I dont understand is how you possibly think your statement above could be true

I really fear for whats happened in the education system around the world since the late 70's because the lack of understanding of some basic science beggars belief

It's either that or people think CSI is a documentary!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Let my just say it...people will see aliens no matter how good the picture. They will just keep going to to the next level until they see something. Now if they are seeing what they want or if they don't have a choice is up for debate. at any rate the "seeing" part happens inside their head.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Let my just say it...people will see aliens no matter how good the picture. They will just keep going to to the next level until they see something. Now if they are seeing what they want or if they don't have a choice is up for debate. at any rate the "seeing" part happens inside their head.

On here I have no doubt what you said is true!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
A strange structure with Pillars, a frontal porthole and a translucent dome on the top at the rim of a crater in Hellas Planitia Region on Mars. The structure is clearly visible when rotate on SE the image on Google Mars.
Frankly it is a pretty bizarre structure of roughly 40 meters wide.

Wide Area

edit on 30-5-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

So glad you are posting these pics. Because there should be more images like this at ATS than ever before.
But so little interest, there should be massive interest because those images do declare that there is truly artifacts that exist by the tons and tons up there. Nasa does leak but ever so slowly. Thank goodness they do even if they to a "hid and seek" routine. But we have to play that game and I hope they have wisdom in that. Because it is like dangling a carrot and then pulling it away. I don't think it is fair to manipulate humans that way.
But I feel in some weird way they do have our well being in mind, I am just not sure.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If you were to take the time to browse odd rock formations found right here on planet Earth, you'd realize what a strange array of shapes geological formations can take. Symmetrical, round, many shaped like human faces, the list goes on and on.

Why is it perfectly acceptable for such shapes to exist for rocks on our planet, but it's impossible for them to exist on other planets? EVERY single rock formation on Mars that has any shape that isn't a shapeless blob, is posted as "proof" that they were created by alien hands. Why can't you accept that it may just be an odd shaped rock?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I just sent you a PM but I will say it again and explain for the forum...

What I meant was that the image you posted was the same image as the Google Mars overlay.

The only difference being that your image or screenshot was zoomed out much further than the OP image so then of course we couldn't see anything in better detail.

I'm not saying the OP image was fantastic detail either... there was too much zoom and not enough resolution to make it out clearly.

The overlay image in Google Mars and standard Jpeg (2.2Mb) Isn't HiRes... ok sorry I mispoke...

I downloaded the JP2 file and used GeoViewer - and to be honest there isn't a change in zoomed resolution of the area.

It all may look nicer at "100%" and clearer but when I zoomed right into that spot, it looks exactly the same as the Google Mars standard version.

Also you had your image and screenshot zoomed to far out and were also facing the wrong way (North Facing) when really your image should face been Sth Westerly facing.... Perspective does make a difference when viewing any image.. especially geo images on rocky terrain.

I hope that clears this up

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Also that image (screenshot) is that supposed to be the HiRes version?

On that particular image, you took a screenshot in Google Mars... right? The Google co-ordinates are at the bottom of the image..

Then you linked the Hi-Res version download page.

What I was saying is that your post was misleading because the image uploaded in the post was NOT HiRes, you weren't zoomed in enough and you were facing the wrong way!

So you were either doing that on purpose to sway opinions for people that don't know any better or you just confused... which was it?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You can't be serious.

In that last photo just above, you can clearly see that there isn't even any ship-like shape. Just a level ridge that has a shadow on it creating a false effect like the front/top edge of your "ship." The rock there still stretches far in the left and right directions though. Some in shadow, some not.

This thread got a lot of attention. This page already and individuals are still arguing over it. I posted pictures earlier that showed this a bit clearer. Also, before you state regarding the edging photo, it is edging what's in the light. The normal photo you have shows how it extends past the shadow.
edit on 5-6-2012 by SoulVisions because: added image.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Just to clarify again -

Your image is zoomed out much further (Don't use the elevation reading as a guide..)

The area with the red circle is where the object or formation is... whatever it may be.

Arken would be zoomed is as far as that red circle almost, the radius being screen resolution.. if that makes sense.

That's why the OP is blurry.

Your image is also facing the wrong way, Arkens is South West facing on the browser (North at 5 o'clock poisition)

Your image is north facing (12 o'clock).

Even if you zoom right in, if you are facing the wrong way it can be hard to spot the area in question.

edit on 5-6-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

The only difference being that your image or screenshot was zoomed out much further than the OP image so then of course we couldn't see anything in better detail.

I'm not saying the OP image was fantastic detail either... there was too much zoom and not enough resolution to make it out clearly.

DOH!

As I have said it's NOT zoomed out a lot further than Arkens image only a slight difference in angle there is NO detail repeat NO DETAIL in his image thats why I am
at what you said above.

The HIRISE overlay is on google mars and if you double click on the red square you get a link to hirise were you get all the info you need re location resolution an links for image downloads.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Here as you seem REALLY confused the overlay on google mars

Double click on red squares an it says this I posted before

Its says THIS IMAGE WAS TAKEN BY HIRISE

Here is Arkens area zoomed in more than your post re it

Can you explain to everyone why Arkens stuff does not show at this level (more zoom than him)
and has more detail.
edit on 5-6-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Ok you have lost me....

In the first post I replied to you said -

Doesn't look quite the same in high res

Then had the image below... zoomed out.

I commented on that because I found your post misleading. For other people that weren't diligent - they would have looked at your image, assumed it was the same area but at higher resolution with no object..

That is how it sounded and that is why I responded. That image in your post wasn't HiRes - It was a screen shot from GE of the exact same area zoomed out.

The link had the HiRes image for download - that's fine but your post wasn't very clear on that.

Also I understand what you are saying about quality and detail of the image.

Yours and even Phages weren't zoomed in to the same level. Sadly Arkens image is way too zoomed and blurry to make out superfine detail - that is the prblem with Mars images in general - in terms of this type of searching or viewing for anomolies etc.

Arkens is zoomed right in to the scale of 26 meters approx (on the scale meter - lower right)

Yours is at 150 meters scale approx

Phages is at 48 meters approx.

It's still alot closer than either of yours - that's why yours looks or appears like better resolution because of the pixels...

Phages screenshot is the JP2 version, still not zoomed in to the same extent as Arkens and it is also facing the wrong way again.

Perception - Perception - Perception!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

No I'm not the one that's confused....

I can not count the hours I have spent looking at Geo images!!

I may not be an expert but i'm not confused

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Nice one Arken, great find.

I would say that it's very strange...except that it isn't, it's becoming a routine thing finding these 'anomalous' structures on Mars..on Lunar...on Iapetus...around Saturn...around Sol, i mean, what's it going to take most people here and generally online to sit up and take notice that there are ancient, apparently destroyed remains as well as currently occupied structures scattered throughout our system?

Of course a quip or one liner with added smiley does do a lot of damage, but why does it? Why are people so willing to be led away from the truth of their own eyes so easily? It's as if most people are looking for an excuse, any excuse not to believe what is shown to them.

That's what i don't understand.

Fear of the unknown i guess...or plain old fashioned arrogance. The 'one and only' syndrome.

Like you i have found many, many absolutely clear artificial structures (or the remains of them) on both Lunar and Mars, but i won't post them here, as i know how much time and effort the US establishment puts in around here to rubbish anything that goes against their mantra.

It simply isn't worth the hassle in my opinion, most people don't want to see the truth of this subject, and i reckon you're flogging a dead horse trying.

But kudos to you for trying even so.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I am going to take that image - rotate it to the right angle and zoom into the area.

This will be even worse quality because its your screen shot and I am re-zooming with another program but I want to use your image so that you can understand what I am saying.

This is your image -

This is the same images flipped to the right angle (same as Arkens) You can see the object circled.

This is the close up -

This was your image, I saved it - flipped it, added a fancy circle and zoomed....

The quality of the zoom is worse than Arkens because I was zooming and cropping in with another program using your screen shot.

I am just trying to point out the area in question.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

No I'm not the one that's confused....

I can not count the hours I have spent looking at Geo images!!

I may not be an expert but i'm not confused

Right here is a challenge you mark the position of his so called dome and post a picture at similar scale to mine or phages on the hires image can you do that?

OK you have done that !!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Well as you would say perception perception perception

With th image rotated I see marks on the rock surface NOT a dome reason as phage said

The "structure" is a broken stratum on a cliff face.

Look at the shadow look at shape of supposed dome.

You have a problem!!!

The apparent dome shape is the wrong way round if it was on that face?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

That's all I was trying to say, it was a zoom issue.

When you look it from the wrong direction it's almost impossible to find, that's why when Arken first posted the OP and image it took me over an hour to find on GM..... it was fustrating.

I'm not even arguing what the object this, just trying to say that it was there and Arkens was zoomed in more.

Also I do understand that it doesn't make any more credible, the zoom means it's impossible to make out finer details. I think it's an odd shaped formation or possibly a structure...

I wont know 100% unless we get better images, ground level images or I can go there myself to see it

I am obviously a believer in terms of Mars anomolies but I never believe 100% without absolute proof. What annoys me are people that have no belief at all... not one tiny bit.

The way I think about is this -

We do know 100% what happened in Mars past, just because we (humans) have been on Earth 100,000 yrs approx in one form or another (that number is a loose approx) - it doesnt mean that we know everything. This system is over 3 Billions years old.

Mars just like Earth has gone through numerous changes.

I do lean in the direction that something big happened on Mars in terms of a catastrophe - I don't know what exactly.

Helas basin has really interested me since Arkens OP - It is a massive area and one of the deepest surface area's of Mars.

Have you looked at the terrain levels on Mars? The "colorized terrain" interest's me in regard to Hellas -

What first comes to mind is that something big hit that area/side of Mars. It's the deepest area of the planet, some parts between -6 to -9 kms "below sea level" so to speak.

That's abit off-topic though.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I have a problem.. what do you mean!?!

Now you are lashing out at me and attacking me because I proved my point - I was just trying to explain that the object was there...

I never mentioned the dome, I even said in one of my first replies a few pages back that I thought the Dome was a stretch...

Do you always listen to everything Phage sez?

Without thinking of his words, what angles to you think all surrounding area's of terrain are on?

Slopes, cliffs, plateau's, ridge's etc etc....

edit on 5-6-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I honestly don't see the dome - I know Arken pointed it out and highlighted it in the OP but I don't see it. I think what to him looks like a dome is just a flat area with lines that seem semi-oval but are flat on the rock.

I don't see a dome, I think it's an optical illusion in Arkens case... I don't see it at all but he does.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join