It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What radio-protective foods and supplements do you recommend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Be aware of an authoritative book on this subject that was just self-published on May 16, 2012 by a nutritionist in NY state, USA. The publisher is AuthorHouse in Bloomington IN (www.authorhouse.com). At the following link, I already posted a "customer review" of that book (scroll to the bottom of the page to read it):

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1338384833&sr=1-1

Briefly, the 20th century above-ground testing of nuclear weapons has raised the global background radiation level to twice what it was before. Since then, every use of nuclear fission has routinely released low-level ionizing radiation into the environment. Fortunately, there are well-documented sources such as the above book that list foods and supplements which protect human health against the free radical effects of all sources of environmental ionizing radiation.

I want to emphasize, however, that much of what has been suggested online (mostly supplements, post-Fukushima) as radio-protective has no associated data to demonstrate its effectiveness. Bottom line - there's a lot of "fool's gold" online when it comes to radio-protective supplements.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I heard that iodine did the job?
2nd

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
vitamin C

ask a professional.

don't take so much that it destabilizes your DNA though, thats bad for you.
edit on 30-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Iodine does great things in protecting the thyroid gland against radioactive iodine isotopes. I have yet to see evidence, however, of any one-shot approach to ionizing radiation that is an overall solution. Keep in mind that upwards of 100 different radioisotopes can be released into the environment from the previously mentioned sources of ionizing radiation.

I buy my seaweed from Larch Hanson, who owns and operates SeaweedMan website on the coast of Maine. Larch gets his seaweed tested for ionizing radiation by a physicist at the University of Maine. So far, his seaweeds do not show traces of ionizing radiation from the Fukushima nuclear disaster. His link is:

www.theseaweedman.com...

edit on 5/30/2012 by Uphill because: Fixed a typo.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Exactly, some supplemental forms of Vitamin C are "buffered" to mitigate adverse effects of taking it by mouth.

Intravenous solutions of Vitamin C (of a much greater strength than the oral route permits) can be administered by a health professional.

The above-mentioned book mentions a number of Vitamin C sources, primarily in foods. For example, fresh lemon contains much Vitamin C, yet it is easy to digest ... the reason for this is that although lemon juice is an acid, it is metabolized as an alkaline.

new topics

top topics

join