It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor sentenced to 2 years in prison for teaching spanking as discipline!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Dear friends...

I opened up infowars this morning and read this article. Now, firstly, let me state upfront that I always take everything from Alex Jones with a pinch of salt. He's a reactionary and sometimes puts the cart before the horse. So, in fairness, I haven't really dug into the facts of this case yet, but wanted to get it out there to the ATS community. If, however, the prima faci case is true, then I find this both appalling and highly disturbing. I'll include the link below, but to sum up the article, essentially this pastor taught his congregation that parents should spank their children when the misbehaved in order to teach them correction. The parents obeyed, and a big hubaloo sprang up. The pastor, who never physically abused anyone but espoused that parents should use spanking as discipline, was arrested as a conspirator in a plot and sentenced to 2 years in prison. Upon his release he is forbidden to return to his old congregation or to have ANY leadership roles in a any church again! Well, this almost sounds too ridiculous to be true (of course, that's exactly why it probably is). Firstly, it states very clearly in the Bible, spare the rod and spoil the child. The Bible teaches that we should spank our children, it's clear, it's plain, doesn't even require any interpretation. It's religious instruction. How then can a preacher of the Bible not be permitted to teach it?

I put this under conspiracy in religion because I think that's what's happening here. You see, we know that this is the Devil's world (now listen, I'm a believer, if you're not, fine, you don't have to write and say...there's no Devil...I understand you don't believe, not going to change my belief system today with some off topic post that's neither wanted nor called for). Anyway, if you look at the last temptation of Christ, He's offered by Satan the kingdoms of the world if He'll just bow down to him. Well, the offer is revelatory, because in order to tempt someone with an offer, you have to have possession of that thing which you offer. Hey, grab me a bagle and I'll give you that car! Ok, show me the keys buddy. See what I mean? If Satan offered the kingdoms in order to tempt, then he had the kingdoms to offer. So, when preachers are thrown in jail for preaching the word without deviation or the introduction of political correctness, that's revelatory of a Satanic influence. Of course, the funny thing is, that's also Biblical, because it states quite clearly that they will throw some of you in jail, some he will kill. You see, the book's gonna be affirmed regardless.

Peace all...

Pastor Sentenced to 2 Years

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
When I see the statement.. "spare the rod, spoil the child" to me it means SPARE the rod. Do not use it. Anyway, I don't understand people who use this book to raise children. Too much up to interpretation.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This new world sure confuses the hell outta me

We can't spank kids, but the police can beat the crap outta ya...

We can't spanks kids, yet we can go to prison if your childs a truant or an ASBO yob..

We can't spank kids for being naughty, but the school will reward the "problem kids" with extra privledges...

Its like the governmant want these new generations to be confused and out of hand!

I'm only 20, but I can already see the difference between my generation and that of my 16 year old brother, and younger ones.. There cheeky, unruley and think the god damn world owes them something.

I didn't swear in front of my mom untill I was 16, I didn't smoke in front of her untill I was 19, and my aunts and uncles are feared with respect, as are most my elders..

What's the difference between me and the youngers??

I got a clip round the ear hole any time I spoke or acted outta place, heck, my mom beat me the nearest shoe if she thought she had to... I notice my unruley brother didn't get the same treatment at around the same time the government and school thought theyt could report you for this...

You know? Its hardly child abuse.

I dread to think how much worse its going to get

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
As always there is an alternate view point that avoids all the hair on fire stuff

A Dane County Wisconsin jury took a mere two hours to come to their verdict regarding the 54-year-old pastor’s fate. The short deliberation time was probably attributed to the fact that the case revolved around the beatings of young children, speculates Assistant District Attorney Shelly Rusch. As leader of the Aleitheia Bible Church, Caminiti would instruct church members and his own adult children to beat crying infants and toddlers with wooden spoons and dowels on their bare bottoms. According to the pastor, the bible encouraged these types of disciplinary beatings in order to punish an infant or toddler who was crying a “selfish” manner. Assistant District Attorney Shelly Rusch debated during Caminiti’s trial that his teachings took discipline to a level that was obscene. “What we have here are babies and children trying to develop into individuals,” Rusch told the jury in her closing argument, “and it’s being beaten out of them.”

So he was not just cast in jail by a anti christian bureaucrat. He was convicted by 12 members of his community.

He seems like an ass that deserves the time,

newsone.com...

BTW it took .012 seconds to find a source other than info wars

link   
I've been on the receiving end of many a deserved spanking.

It wasn't abuse and I thank God my parents disciplined me. Otherwise who knows how my life might have turned out?

It will be interesting to see if the government can actually keep this pastor from a church. I would think seperation of church and state would come into play here.

Edit to Add: Just read the post where the pastor was encouraging his flock to spank infants. That is abuse, in my opinion. An infant wouldn't even understand the reason behind the punishment. So....yeah. I think he got what he deserved.
edit on 30-5-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by AlomaRa
When I see the statement.. "spare the rod, spoil the child" to me it means SPARE the rod. Do not use it. Anyway, I don't understand people who use this book to raise children. Too much up to interpretation.

ATS should give us the ability to give out anti-stars. You know, the reverse of an acknowledgement...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There is a difference in beating/abusing a child and spanking them. Why the line is blurred for some is beyond me. I'm not religious (though that hardly matters here), but if all the pastor preached was to spank your child then I see nothing wrong with it. I can agree there are other ways to teach a kid discipline, But those ways hardly work for every child. It depends on the child; their understanding and respect of their parents. Things I see lacking in most children. I've never met a person who was spanked as a child renounce the technique..

In any case, The idea that this man served time for this makes my head spin. 2 years? that's the real injustice here..

*EDIT* Also just read the post about the pastor encouraging parents to spank infants.. Cruel and wrong in my book. Now I'm just mad the original story link omitted that important info.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
As always there is an alternate view point that avoids all the hair on fire stuff

A Dane County Wisconsin jury took a mere two hours to come to their verdict regarding the 54-year-old pastor’s fate. The short deliberation time was probably attributed to the fact that the case revolved around the beatings of young children, speculates Assistant District Attorney Shelly Rusch. As leader of the Aleitheia Bible Church, Caminiti would instruct church members and his own adult children to beat crying infants and toddlers with wooden spoons and dowels on their bare bottoms. According to the pastor, the bible encouraged these types of disciplinary beatings in order to punish an infant or toddler who was crying a “selfish” manner. Assistant District Attorney Shelly Rusch debated during Caminiti’s trial that his teachings took discipline to a level that was obscene. “What we have here are babies and children trying to develop into individuals,” Rusch told the jury in her closing argument, “and it’s being beaten out of them.”

So he was not just cast in jail by a anti christian bureaucrat. He was convicted by 12 members of his community.

He seems like an ass that deserves the time,

newsone.com...

BTW it took .012 seconds to find a source other than info wars

Oooooohhhh...well look at Mr. Fancy Shmancy with his .012 seconds to throw around. I guess someone had a 5 hour energy this morning.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
..."Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me....."
There's certainly not much comfort in the "rod" the preacher encouraged his flock to use on their children.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

I am a firm believer in spanking children! If you want polite,well behaved
children,you take them to the wood shed and belt their behinds.If you are
opposed to using belts,you can use a nice green switch.
Before someone screams that I am a child abuser...I only spank as the last
resort.I did try the sitting in the corner and grounding first.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
spanking to punish kids is messed up.

it is the act of a big and powerful bully forcing his/her power onto a smaller weaker individual to scare them into changing their mind and or behavior, to something more pleasing to the bullies standards.

its nothing but bullying.

and it doesn't stop there, cruel and unusual punishments are out of hand lately.

i knew this one guys friend, someone stole his phone, so his parents in turn took his computer away from him until he got the phone back.

how does that fix anything?

it won't be long before police start arresting people because they made the cops arm get tired (from beating them up for no reason of course)

i don't like ALL of you, supporting spanking "oh it changed my life" your nothing but a bunch of masochistic submissive babies that enjoyed your parents bullying you all the time.

whenever someone threatened me with physical harm i defended myself, no matter who it was.

parents can be very unfair people and use their children as scape goats all the time, i see it everywhere.

imaging your 5 years old and your parents go to church one day, they come home and its just another happy boring day, and you make a mistake, or don't feel like eating all your spinach because you honestly just don't like spinach.

suddenly your parents start spanking you for no reason at all, causing you mental trauma and severe physical pain, just because some "supporter of discipline" told them it was a good idea to make your life harder.

its harassment, and infringes on your freedoms as a human being. i will not eat spinach if i don't like it.

if i like broccoli i will eat it at my own peace, and on my own terms.

any supporter of spanking, or cruel and unusual punishment is a TERRORIST.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by BBobb

I am a firm believer in spanking children! If you want polite,well behaved
children,you take them to the wood shed and belt their behinds.If you are
opposed to using belts,you can use a nice green switch.
Before someone screams that I am a child abuser...I only spank as the last
resort.I did try the sitting in the corner and grounding first.

i really see why they don't listen to someone like you ALL the way up to the point where you spank them.

i would resist and disobey you to my last breath.

i could even bet you a dollar your going to read this post, and take it our on your kids and spank them just to "get back at me" for disagreeing with you.

Yea i think your that kind of person.

edit on 30-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlomaRa

i think the saying means that "if someone doesn't hit their kids, they will then in turn become spoiled"

im not too sure, but thats what it sounds like.

the person saying that statement encouraging spanking.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

While babies and toddlers are cute, selfishness and defiance does begin at around 6 months when they start crying when nothing is wrong. If you wait until they are 4 or 5, then it's already too late

That being said, I don't believe in spanking infants at all. However, discipline and rules should begin as they near 9 months and 1 years of age, unless there is some type of known mental or physical handicap. There is nothing wrong with one or two light taps on the arm, bottom, or legs.

Spanking a child is only a problem when it's done wrong. When you take into consideration that once toddlers start crawling and walking they often fall down or bump their heads on things, its hard to make the argument that a light tap on the bottom is unlawful child abuse.

It's not the place of the government to tell parents they can't spank their children. If the government is concerned about children, then they should partner with the medical profession to offer spanking guidelines for a children of various ages so that it doesn't pose any health risks.

This woman doing baby yoga is child abuse.. not a tap on the leg
www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-5-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

I liked your little joke

For your information my youngest child is 37 years old.
It has been a long time since I have had to spank anyone.

Those were the days my friend and they have come to an end

Now people are wondering why kids' are becoming little monsters.
Spare the rod,spoil the child!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If a pastor is sentenced to two years in prison for teaching spanking as a discipline ... then why aren't the muslim Imams being sentenced to two years in prison for teaching muslim men how to correctly beat their wives?? I seem to recall that being in the news ..
Wasn't it in australia or something like that? I googled ... but ...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am going to say this and will probably get into trouble.
The muslims are privileged and can just about get away with
anything they do.Christians are fair game to many and provide
an outlet for blaming the worlds problems on.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Quite honestly , I can't see how spanking teaches anything except that physical harm is a means to get your way or make your point known.

There are far superior ways to discipline that will make a child think twice about their choices. Taking away privileges of watching favorite cartoons, favorite snacks, playtime, can be much more effective than hitting.

I think its ok to restrain a child if they are out of control physically, but the teaching comes later when a privilege is taken away and they are forced to think about the consequences of their actions.

The problem is that the discipline that will really send the right message across takes time and consistency , something not all parents have the time for.

Being a parent isn't easy at times, but I honestly can't see any merit in hitting your child. I know plenty of good people who did just fine in life without getting punished by physical abuse, as well as some who were subject to corporal punishment, that didn't do so well later on in their lives.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

So,I am considered a terrorist, in your opinion, because
I believe in spanking.

You also consider me a child abuser and assumed that
I was going to beat my children because of your post.

Think again and definately think before you post

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
reply to post by spyder550

While babies and toddlers are cute, selfishness and defiance does begin at around 6 months when they start crying when nothing is wrong. If you wait until they are 4 or 5, then it's already too late

That being said, I don't believe in spanking infants at all. However, discipline and rules should begin as they near 9 months and 1 years of age, unless there is some type of known mental or physical handicap. There is nothing wrong with one or two light taps on the arm, bottom, or legs.

Spanking a child is only a problem when it's done wrong. When you take into consideration that once toddlers start crawling and walking they often fall down or bump their heads on things, its hard to make the argument that a light tap on the bottom is unlawful child abuse.

It's not the place of the government to tell parents they can't spank their children. If the government is concerned about children, then they should partner with the medical profession to offer spanking guidelines for a children of various ages so that it doesn't pose any health risks.

This woman doing baby yoga is child abuse.. not a tap on the leg
www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-5-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

oh yea, i agree with a little tap.

for example, your doing something truly wrong or just plain dangerous, and someone taps (not even a light hit) your leg or butt or arm, its usually pretty easy to get the picture that they would like you to stop.

(not to be confused in ANY way with even a gentle poke or prod, as those are RAGE ANNOYING)

its even a playful way for a caring parent to just be cool about it, but tell you what they wanna get across at the same time.

it can get annoying though lol ( if the parent is wrong, which can be the case sometimes )
edit on 30-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join