It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the Holocaust have been avoided, had Germany won World War 1?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Enjoy, some now reside in the USA

But a part of en.wikipedia.org...

The Transylvanian Saxons (German: Siebenbürger Sachsen; Hungarian: Erdélyi szászok; Romanian: Saşi) are a people of German ethnicity who settled in Transylvania (German: Siebenbürgen) from the 12th century onwards.

The colonization of Transylvania by Germans was begun by King Géza II of Hungary (1141–1162). For decades, the main task of the German settlers was to defend the southeastern border of the Kingdom of Hungary. The colonization continued until the end of the 13th century. Although the colonists came mostly from the western Holy Roman Empire and generally spoke Franconian dialects, they were collectively known as Saxons because of Germans working for the Hungarian chancellery. For much of their history, these Saxons held a privileged status with the Hungarian nobles and Szeklers of Transylvania.

After 1918, when following the Treaty of Trianon Transylvania became part of Romania, Transylvanian Saxons, together with other German-speaking groups in newly enlarged Romania (Banat Swabians, Sathmar Swabians, Bessarabia Germans, Dobrudja Germans, Bukovina Germans) became part of the German minority in Romania. The Transylvanian Saxon population has decreased since World War II. Transylvanian Saxons started leaving Transylvania during and after WWII, settling first in Austria, then especially in Germany. The process of emigration continued during Communist rule in Romania, and the great majority of Transylvanian Saxons now live in Germany. A sizeable Transylvanian Saxon population also resides today in the United States, notably in Idaho, Ohio and Colorado and in Southern Ontario, Canada. Very few still live in Romania, where at the last official census around 60,000 Germans were registered, the number including also Banat Swabians and Sathmar Swabians.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

I suggest you go back to stormfront and leave us alone

who's "US" my friend?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Unfortunately, HATRED doesn't need an excuse. Had Germany won WWI, bigots and crazy people would still always find a way to hate, and convince weak-minded people to follow them. That is one of the reasons there is so much war and violence in the world. It's sad, but true.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Unfortunately, HATRED doesn't need an excuse. Had Germany won WWI, bigots and crazy people would still always find a way to hate, and convince weak-minded people to follow them. That is one of the reasons there is so much war and violence in the world. It's sad, but true.

Hatred???

You mean GREED

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Awesome post man. I missed this.

And I do think that the 'holocaust' is something that has been confused and misunderstood.

I have been thinking that the US actually was at war with England and not Germany in many ways. It makes so much sense when you think about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Question one: how was it misunderstood?
Question two: in what way was the US at war with Britain not Germany?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join