It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skydiver planning world record 120,000-foot jump from space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Guess we should get his tombstone ready. I can't see this guy making it back safely. Anyone? And what if he gets zapped by a UFO on the way? Makes you wonder. It's definitely nothing like James Cameron's little stunt. Be interesting if he can survive it. I'm not holding my breath.

By Eric Pfeiffer

news.yahoo.com...

This summer, Austrian skydiver Felix Baumgartner will attempt to break the world record for the longest jump, plummeting more than 23 miles from the Earth's stratosphere.

"I've done a lot of test jumps, so I'm good," Baumgartner confidently told Fox News before adding that he would "probably say a little prayer" before making the jump that could literally make his blood boil if something goes wrong.

Baumgartner has been preparing with retired Air Force Col. Joe Kittinger, who set the current world record back in 1960 when he made a 102,000-foot jump.

To prepare for the jump, Baumgartner will breath pure oxygen for nearly an hour to remove nitrogen bubbles from his blood. He will then stay at the peak elevation for three hours, allowing his body to adjust. He will then jump in a pressurized suit that will prevent his blood from boiling at the extremely high elevation.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Master Chief did it, don't see why he can't with his Halo suit on

new topics

join