It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red States Are Welfare Queens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The following list is a list of states that take in more federal benefits than they pay taxes.
anything less than $1,00 means the state paid more in taxes than it received in services. The higher the figure the more a given state is a welfare queen.

Read more: articles.businessinsider.com...

Of the twenty worst states, 15 are either Republican dominated or conservative states. Let's go through the top twenty.

•New Mexico: $2.03 Red State
•Mississippi: $2.02 Red State
•Alaska: $1.84 Red State
•Louisiana: $1.78 Red State
•West Virginia: $1.76 Red State
•North Dakota: $1.68 Red State
•Alabama: $1.66 Red State
•South Dakota: $1.53 Red State
•Kentucky: $1.51 Red State
•Virginia: $1.51 Blue State
•Montana: $1.47 Red State
•Hawaii: $1.44 Blue State
•Maine: $1.41 Blue State
•Arkansas: $1.41 Red State
•Oklahoma: $1.36 Red State
•South Carolina: $1.35 Red State
•Missouri: $1.32 Blue State
•Maryland: $1.30 Blue State
•Tennessee: $1.27 Red State
•Idaho: $1.21 Red State

So as you can see Red States take more in than they pay out.

Welfare Queen Republicans

edit on 30-5-2012 by BlueStatePatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It's the Democrats implementing all the hand out programs. That's why we Republicans are trying to vote them out of office, starting at the top....

Des

+24 more 
posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
And the most comical thing is that in THOSE red states, THOSE people who ARE accepting the government TEET, are the ones WHINING the LOUDEST about government spending!!!!!!!!

The red state citizens dont even use their own MINDS because its been HIJACKED to vote republican and against their OWN BEST INTERESTS. Its very comical in the red states of how they are more stubborn than mules politically.

I have spent years in a both red and blue states, and it is a CLEAR AS DAY that the blue states have a higher quality of life, better wages, better conditions, and.... an actual middle-class. The red states are either lower class or super wealthy. Thats REPUBLICANS for you!!!! The quality of life will TRICKLE DOWN to you all SOMEDAY!!!

Dummies voting against their own best interests in the red states. Well DUMMIES there, when you get your republican fantasy dream everywhere in the nation, you will be out on the STREETS and the super wealthy will get IT ALL!!!!!!!!

But keep voting against your OWN best interests in those red states.

DUMMIES.

edit on 30-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Very high black populations in many of these southern red states.

+3 more 
posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueStatePatriot

ColoradoJens

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
And the most comical thing is that in THOSE red states, THOSE people who ARE accepting the government TEET, are the ones WHINING the LOUDEST about government spending!!!!!!!!

The red state citizens dont even use their own MINDS because its been HIJACKED to vote republican and against their OWN BEST INTERESTS. Its very comical in the red states of how they are more stubborn than mules politically.

I have spent years in a both red and blue states, and it is a CLEAR AS DAY that the blue states have a higher quality of life, better wages, better conditions, and.... an actual middle-class. The red states are either lower class or super wealthy. Thats REPUBLICANS for you!!!! The quality of life will TRICKLE DOWN to you all SOMEDAY!!!

Dummies voting against their own best interests in the red states. Well DUMMIES there, when you get your republican fantasy dream everywhere in the nation, you will be out on the STREETS and the super wealthy will get IT ALL!!!!!!!!

But keep voting against your OWN best interests in those red states.

DUMMIES.

edit on 30-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Stereotype much?

You have no idea what you are talking about. I've NEVER heard any handout recipients complain about government spending. It's those of us remaining in the middle class who are frustrated.

I'm neither "lower class" or "super wealthy", as you put it; just SICK of the handout mentality. I don't want my hard-earned money handed out to career welfare recipients OR to million dollar corporations (like Solyndra--which is why it is so COMICAL to hear liberals bashing conservatives--can't you see that BOTH parties are doing the EXACT SAME THINGS????? BOTH sides have corruption issues and LOVE to back their buddies, while screaming about the "other side"'s evils.)

Most of the people in the "red states" who vote Republican are sick of ALL of the crap, including being fed up with most of the republican politicians. I will hold my nose and vote Romney in the fall as the lesser of 2 evils, although I wish Ron Paul was an option. I would vote for him joyfully, as she shares my ideas about what the function of the federal government should be. Which, by the way, are the same ideas that the framers of the Constitution had.

Personally have to question the intellect of anyone who blindly votes for Obama and the Democrats. But then again, I am a red state "DUMMY", according to you.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The article provides no means as to where the info was gathered, nor how it was gathered and put together.
This is the same tired old pitch from 0bama fan boys across the internet. Maybe using the chart from last week, showing 0bama as not a big spender??? That was blown out of the water as well.

I will say that the Federal Govt is completely out of control, spending wise. Many states are as well.
But, what factors are used to calculate the stated monies? Are these funds going to the state for what???????

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Tsk tsk carseller. What exaclty are you saying?

Check out the states compared to each other when looking at per capita "black people"

From the list - each state and the ranking of most "black" people per state:

"Southern" states:

Mississippi - Ranks 2nd
Louisiana - ranks 3rd
West Virginia - ranks 38th
Alabama - 7th
South Carolina - 4th
Tenessee 11th
Oklahoma - 25th
Kentucky - 24th

Northern "Red" states per capita "black people"

New Mexico - 42nd
Alaska - 32nd
North Dakota - 48th
South Dakota - 44th
Idaho -49th
Montana -50th

LINK

I guess you meant to say, "Very high populations of white people in many of these northen red states."

CJ

edit on 30-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

If you are citing "welfare queens" as individuals;

How many "recipients" are Democrat ?

How many are Republican ?

The bulk of the money received may be going to the State Treasuries, not individuals ?

Besides that, the money is a total that includes exactly what ?

Take a look at the difference between federal spending on any given state and the federal taxes received from that state. We measure the difference as a dollar amount: Federal Spending per Dollar of Federal Taxes. A figure of $1.00 means that particular state received as much as it paid in to the federal government. Anything over a dollar means the state received more than it paid; anything less than $1.00 means the state paid more in taxes than it received in services. The higher the figure, the more a given state is a welfare queen.

Where does the OP article say "Individual Welfare" ???

:shk:

edit on May-30-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Lets not forget theses states also have the worst rankings in education, and the worst rankings in almost all measurable categories. Yet politicians from these states think they can run the entire nation better...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This gets posted every couple of months.

In the end it's a pointless topic.

Are the "red states" supposed have some glorious epiphany and conclude that welfare is good?

Are the "blue states" supposed to have their own epiphany and conclude that welfare is wasteful?

What's the point?

Besides, it's not like if (we assume this to be true) those anti-welfare red staters refused the dole the government would not take it anyway.

So you either take whats available or let yourself be robed without ever collecting your share.

It's a catch-22 here. Even the most anti-welfare person isnt going to refuse a benefit their due since their property is already being stolen from them anyway.

Make me a deal. Stop stealing from me and I wont accept any "welfare."

Until the government is willing to honor such deals this topis is pointless because nothing will change for anyone.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

That is true. The southern Red States also use the most welfare and food stamps. Mississippi is #2 in the nation in food stamp usage. What they try to do is blame the black population in their states.

Red States are the laziest
most uneducated
least productive
overweight

states in the nation

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe an infographic will help

For example...Mississippi recieves back $2 for every $1 they give the Government in taxes.

California only gets back 78 cents for every federal tax dollar they pay.

Who is leeching off who?

edit on 30-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Just thought I'd share.

May provide a more telling picture.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriot

That is true. The southern Red States also use the most welfare and food stamps. Mississippi is #2 in the nation in food stamp usage. What they try to do is blame the black population in their states.

most uneducated
least productive
overweight

states in the nation

This all may very well be true.

But can you provide the actual numbers ?????????

*Especially the "overweight" statistics

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

most uneducated
least productive
overweight

states in the nation

No surprise considering their main course of action is waiting for "God to fix it".

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

most uneducated
least productive
overweight

states in the nation

This all may very well be true.

But can you provide the actual numbers ?????????

*Especially the "overweight" statistics

Mississippi is the fattest state for 6th straight year, Colorado still leanest, Rhode Island getting fatter, Alaska slimmer

Most Obese States

Alabama remained in second place, while Tennessee dropped from last year’s tie with Alabama down to fourth place. West Virginia rose from fourth place last year to third place this year. Kentucky rose from last year’s seventh place to tie with last year’s fifth fattest state, Louisiana.

calorielab.com...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

edit on 30-5-2012 by Cuervo because: Turning the other cheek...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

California currently has a deficit of over 265 BILLION. Please do not ever use them as an example when referring to any sort of budgeting or handout programs you only make yourself look ridiculous.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
reply to post by Indigo5

California currently has a deficit of over 265 BILLION. Please do not ever use them as an example when referring to any sort of budgeting or handout programs you only make yourself look ridiculous.

California contributes more to the Federal Government in tax dollars and recieves less back than 90% of the states...California only gets .76 returned for each federal tax dollar given....while States like Mississipi, Alabama, West Virginia top the luist in hand-outs and double thier money with every tax dollar given they get back between $1.50 to $2 in handouts!

Maybe California has money issues because they are financing welfare for the Red States at a significant loss?...ponder that one while complaining about California's budget issues.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join