It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria, Sarajevo and Srebrenica: When outrage isn't enough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Syria, Sarajevo and Srebrenica: When outrage isn't enough

www.cnn.com

On February 5, 1994, shoppers were crowded into the main market square in the Bosnian capital Sarajevo. At the time, the city was under siege by Bosnian Serb forces. Just before noon, a single 120mm artillery shell landed in the square.

8,000 civilians killed at Srebrenica in July,1995
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I had a feeling CNN would come and try to compare it to the Bosnian and the Balkan wars, which isn't surprising, they are still trying to point to the readers and viewers that.

The Serbs were the only ones committing the war crimes in the Balkan conflicts which in my view that isn't true at all and now with this article you can see why, CNN is fixed on compering the events in Sryia to Bosnia.

Knowing CNN This isn't there first time that they compared it To Bosnia.

(In some ways (if not in scale), the massacre near Houla last Friday resembles more what happened in Srebrenica than the Sarajevo market attack. It transpires that many of the victims in Syria were killed not by artillery shells but were summarily executed, and that many were children.)

Is anyone surprised by this? i recently i am not.

CNN is trying there best on getting you by emotions,feelings,thoughts and this is how the elitist western mainstream news outlets now operate.

Its no longer about Journalism, Journalism died a long time ago.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-5-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I would tend to agree kind sir.
Each game board has differnt pieces and different objectives....the Syrians game board is in play and its people are the game pieces. Who are the players?

The same wack job tardis monkeys we allow to be put into power.....east/west developed nations with their own idea of how the game should go.

Coming soon to a neighborhood near you? America....the game...this time you'll get to be one of the pawns on the board. Hope you make it to the other side of the game board.

Now when are they gonna play chutes and ladders? Thats the real question....

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

However, this game will be action packed as the guns are already here.
Many of us are already very proficient.
And when the dust settles, we'll make these past ten years in the sandbox look like a joke.
Many of us would follow the trail to the guilty, then we gonna have an old fashioned lynchin.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I still dont believe there will be an Intervention anytime soon.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Coincidentally, according to web bot predictions, you arent far off from the mark. It said that this would actually take place.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Since i have missed those web bot predictions what were they again? care to share a link of them or the thread?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Sure, I'll have to dig it out and IIRC the post was here on ATS, the guy reading it off gives 2 videos per youtube that are 40 min each. I was bored enough to watch them both in entirety. Yet according to the Web Bot decoding of the guy that does it, people start to get wise to the elites and then all hell breaks loose.

Even if part of that guys bot prediction is true for this year and next......it'll be on like donkey kong.

I'll edit this post once I find it..

EDIT: Found it if you can sit through it, its very interesting.
edit on 30-5-2012 by GrandHeretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Eh... One single 120mm mortar grenade killed 120 people... Eh... Only on CNN

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

How do you know the reports are not accurate? If Syrian regime is indeed behind the attacks, military takedown of the regime would be justified. Thats not to say I support it in practice, but only for economic reasons - because it would be costly, and the west is in a recession. Not because it would be a bad thing to do. War against evil regimes is good.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

However, this game will be action packed as the guns are already here.

I feel comfortable assuming that the guns you've got are primarily anti-personnel. Not everybody is going to have high callibre stuff, either, even if they do have pistols. In other words, you're not going to be able to do anything about either tanks or air support, if they start using that against you.

The government is going to arrest anybody with explosives very, very quickly, as we've already seen; and contrary to what the usual brainwashed fools around here believe, that isn't because they give a damn about some four year old getting blown up by Daddy's stash, although they'll be more than happy to use that as an excuse.

It's because they don't want you to have any means at your disposal, of fighting back at all; and they certainly don't want you to have anything that might be genuinely effective.

Many of us are already very proficient.

Most of you would die extremely quickly if push came to shove, irrespective of how dangerous a lot of you view yourselves as being. There has been a deliberate campaign over the last 20-30 years to render civilians as soft, infantile and dependent as possible; it's worked wonders on me, unfortunately.

That, however, would not be the main problem. Being overwhelmingly outgunned will be, as mentioned.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

You do drive some excellent points and you know most of this to be true, what if everybody else realized this and just layed low?
You do understand, the US with the finest weaponry and technology has been mired in a war against "cavemen" for over a decade.
I have hope for the future, and my slingshot.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't believe that people who read and post on this forum, actually believe what they see on CNN

If they lie now, they lied before in the past, and they will lie in the future !!!
Story about Bosna and Hercegovina was media manipulated from the start.
So if you heard from CNN that Serbs are bad guys, what does it tell you about Serbs?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

How do you know the reports are not accurate? If Syrian regime is indeed behind the attacks, military takedown of the regime would be justified. Thats not to say I support it in practice, but only for economic reasons - because it would be costly, and the west is in a recession. Not because it would be a bad thing to do. War against evil regimes is good.

First Why doesn't the Mainstream news news outlets ever talk about the Free Syrian Army? arent they the supposed only defectors?

Didn't you thought that was strange? not once have i seen or heard the name Free Syrian Army, been mentioned on the air on the news, why name them just activists with horrible information which even CNN nor other news networks cant even confirm?

What makes you think the Free Syrian Army dont have any tanks, mortars or artillery for that matter? i thought that it was strange for the media on not showing us the public any videos on how there military hardware looks like.

I wonder why? is it because they are the ones who are doing the killings? the reactions from western puppet like the new installed hollande president in French really speaks for its self.

Didn't i say sarkozy and hollande are all the same in one? if russia and china keep vetoing any NATO or UN for an Intervention its highly there will be one.

Unless another Massacre is staged up again by either The Free Sryian Army or the blackwater mercenaries somehow the killings in Sryia remind me of the blackwater mercenaries killings.

The blackwater mercenaries are professional at killing civilians.

Another thing in the article that i posted why are they dumping the bodies so early, before any investigations can take place? that tells you something.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Advertising spam removed by Admin
edit on May 30th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by yuanzhaoman173

So now that the we are starting to either expose or how should say further prove that Journalism has died and that how do we dont know that it was Assad that killed those children in Syria in the supposed massacre, as my thread Discuss.

Either the Pro Rebel supporters or some spammers probably thought there last mean point of argument is to spam on ATS?
Thats rich, almost comic classic.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Aircraft have to land somewhere and I can kill ANY tank on earth with a can of thermite on the bustle rack. The difference will be we aren't restrained by laws of warfare we are civilians.We won't use armor piercing rounds all we have are hollow points,more tissue cavitation.We are BY FAR the most well trained combatants with the most members on the planet.We have purchased our firearms and we have outfitted them with the best gear there is and as such,small arms wise, we are better armed that our military as well.Can a modern Navy SEAL take a Viet Nam seal? Recently an 85 year old sniper fired an accurate shot with the same rifle:
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Shooting experts and professionals,hunters we are not going to see anything attack the US without bio ,chems or nukes that kill most of us instantly.
Who could possibly hold any ground against an angry US populace?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Shooting experts and professionals,hunters we are not going to see anything attack the US without bio ,chems or nukes that kill most of us instantly.
Who could possibly hold any ground against an angry US populace?

Being able to fire a gun on its' own, is nowhere near enough. You have to be able to co-ordinate, and focus fire; and you have to be able to do it as well as a professionally trained, full time army, which is what you will be fighting against.

As I said; the civilian population's two major problems are going to be munitions and discipline. The contemporary American population, are probably the single most degenerate society in human history.
edit on 31-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join