It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange fails in bid to block extradition to Sweden

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

LOL

Why dont you go and actually read about the case before
you go into hater mode. You have made yourself look a bit
silly

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

G'day daas

re your comments

"Just as i thought, Julian Assange has lost his appeal regarding his extradition to Sweden. Sadly, if Sweden decides to hand Julian over to the USA then i fear we may never hear from him again. "

IMO you should have stopped at lost his appeal

"What strikes me the most is how the Australian Government isn't assisting him in this situation (considering it is Australian law for the government to aid an Australian in overseas disputes). "

check your facts bucco, Aust has to provide him with consular assistance NOT assist in his defense in a court of law in a foreign country, actually they ARE NOT PERMITTED BY LAW to do this

"What does ATS think? Will this be the precursor to the end of Julian Assange? "

IMO If he makes his bed, he should have to lie in it. Lets face it, his so called revelations are insipid at best, useless at worst. Where is any DECENT intel??? Again IMO he is a would be if he could be. Now, take some of his original crew, now THERE you have some magic people

edit on 30/5/12 by steve1709 because: (no reason given)
left out quote marks and put my comments in italics
edit on 30/5/12 by steve1709 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
And could someone please explain to me in plain, laymans terms why he is likely to be extradited to the USA from Sweden but there is no threat of that whilst he is in the UK, especially considering certain parties over here appear to bend themselves over backwards to appease the US.

I believe it's hard to edradite people from the UK if they face the prospect of torture. I believe that's why they chose sweden first, so they had a better chance. I'm sure the UK gov could make things easier but there is still anger that the US refused to etradite the autistic guy that hacked the CIA...
but basically because it's a matter of law and not the governments decision ultimately.

edit on 30-5-2012 by theGreatunhosed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Assange is too high profile to never be heard from again; if he is extradited to America and then executed there will be outrage over his death from the international community. What's more likely is a staged suicide or a hefty prison sentence in Sweden as a result of the alleged rape cases.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

I think you "otta" go do a little reading before you pass judgement on someone you obviously know nothing about. I'd say your handle is about appropriate.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yah, the US government will get ahold of him.
Believe me they are pissed.
You gotta figure it will end badly for Assange.
May take a while.
If they Martyr him...
More grist for the mill.

Americas rep will go down by many, many.
Lower than ever.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Assange came to British police voluntarily because he was sure that he is not guilty

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Assange is too high profile to never be heard from again; if he is extradited to America and then executed there will be outrage over his death from the international community. What's more likely is a staged suicide or a hefty prison sentence in Sweden as a result of the alleged rape cases.

US dnt care about international community

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Maybe so, but extraditing Assange to the US and throwing him at the mercy of the US legal system could severely harm US-Australian relations.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Maybe so, but extraditing Assange to the US and throwing him at the mercy of the US legal system could severely harm US-Australian relations.

I would ask, if that is not the game Assange is playing?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So what's the deal with this guy anyways? is he for real or another "agent"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron
Not surprising at all, it was only expected for this outcome with the corrupt system itching to destroy this hero who exposed the tip of the iceberg of their corruption, FREE ASSANGE!!!!!!!!

Free Assange? Like hell.

From the article.

Assange also faced widespread criticism that he had put lives at risk by blowing the cover of sources who spoke to diplomats and intelligence agents in countries where it was dangerous to do so.

One of the main rules of journalism is you do not give up your sources. All this ahole wanted to do was increase his personal fame and it didn't matter who went to prison as long as it wasn't him.

Don't drop the soap Julie.

Yeah, whatever. I would tend to think you'd be screaming "If it's the truth and he's not making it up then just release the sources!" if things had went another way.

It's easy to cry that everything should be white when it's black and left when it's right. The guy at least tried to do something. If he's a government tool why would he try to cloud the ever present propaganda umbrella we live in every day? This is the bad thing about trying to help people get out of their own delusion. The very same people you try to help will gladly run you up the flag pole.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Apollumi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
If I was wrongly accused of rape or any other sex crime then I would WANT my day in court to prove my innocence.
My liberty would be worthless if it came at the cost of having to carry the stigma of being a sex offender.
Maybe he should grow a pair of balls and face his accusers head on.

And could someone please explain to me in plain, laymans terms why he is likely to be extradited to the USA from Sweden but there is no threat of that whilst he is in the UK, especially considering certain parties over here appear to bend themselves over backwards to appease the US.

Which courts have you been in?? I speak from experience when I say "Justice is Blind". This isn't some covey of angels descending with absolute and perfect justice in mind. It is often a group of people with agendas. Judges very often didn't get there because they were good people. Usually just the opposite.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

Good point apollumi, re "Which courts have you been in?? I speak from experience when I say "Justice is Blind". This isn't some covey of angels descending with absolute and perfect justice in mind. It is often a group of people with agendas. Judges very often didn't get there because they were good people. Usually just the opposite. "

All we have to do is look at Monsanto and the way lawyers who used to work for them ended up as a chiel justice (i think that was the title) and actually sat on the judgement to allow them to gain control of the seed market. Just wayched a doc called food inc definately a good watch and anyone from the USA should put it on their list of what to see and then somehow get going on backing up your poor farmers

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
Right. Quote one of these "so many laws" and "civil rights" that have been broken or ignored. He is wanted for questioning in a couple of sexual assault cases. He needs to man up, and answer the questions...like anybody else.

Assault? Nope. Not even close. Also he has answered and co-operated fully. It's the Swedish idiots who are not co-operating. They've had every change to finish their "investigation" but they have not done so. They wan't him in Sweden without any reason.

Well...no. He has been living like a prince in a British estate, while he has attempted to avoid justice...and while he has dragged his extradition through a number of appeals. No charges have yet been laid in Sweden, because he has refused to return there voluntarily to answer questions.

Perfect example of people starting to rant online about something they know nothing about. Julian has already been in Sweden and fully co-operated with the investigation.

I mean, he has even started his own TV show while being "held" by the British authorities.

I suppose your definition of freedom includes having an electronic ankle monitor and having to report to the police every day? Yeah...

I suspect your hero worshiping is getting in the way of your lack of concrete facts...

I suspect you should at least know some very basic information about issues you wish to discuss...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wewillrise77

Not sure if you even bothered to read the previous comments OR do some research before writing your reply but in case you didn't, The sex WAS consensual!! ie NOT rape...

You may want to research YOUR facts before coming up with replies such as this.....

Here is some reading material to get you started....
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.news.com.au...
Now find some more on your own and then write an informed reply based on knowledge of the case not misinformation..... How's that for Deny Ignorance!!!!

Yes, well thank you for the "dressing down" and for the research material which would serve to enlighten me.

Let's see...from the MSNBC article...

The female interviewing officer concludes that Miss W had been raped and Miss A subject to sexual molestation. A duty prosecuting attorney agrees Assange should be sought on suspicion of rape. The chief prosecutor dismisses the rape charge and arrest warrant, saying what occurred were no more than minor offenses. In the following days, the claimants appeal, and a special prosecutor reopens the case, eventually reissuing the arrest warrant

I can see now why you claim these acts were entirely consensual and not rape...uh huh.

And from the news.com source...

Mr Assange is accused by Swedish authorities of one count of unlawful coercion, two counts of sexual molestation and one count of rape earlier this year...A few days later Mr Assange also met "Jessica", a young woman who sought to meet the activist after the seminar. Jessica alleges that Mr Assange refused to wear a condom during a second sexual encounter between them.

Swedish law considers unprotected sex as rape but Swedish sources have doubted the credibility of the women, who many people believe set up a "honey trap" for the Australian activist.

Yes, still more proof that these charges have nothing to do with rape...and that the sexual encounters were completely consensual.

I want to thank you for helping to set the record straight here...

All other fanciful theories aside, two woman have alleged sexual misconduct on the part of Assange...and he is doing his utmost to not to have to face the music.
edit on 1-6-2012 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The Supreme Court refused to review the decision of Britain to extradite Assange to Sweden

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join