It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange fails in bid to block extradition to Sweden

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Wow, the likeness is quite unreal, I never noticed that before, I guess Assange will be getting served now

But as for those going on about the alleged rape, from what I can gather the women consented to the sex, but because Assange never wore a French tickler they could claim rape, the whole thing is stupid.

As for the leaks, hey, what is wrong with the lies of our governments being exposed? The atrocities being committed by American troops on foreign soil being exposed? Nothing if you ask me.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

english puppets

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
He still has an appeal left, so hopefully justice will prevail and he will be acquitted and allowed to return to Australia. These "rape" charges against him are an obvious fabrication to get him into Sweden so that he can be extradited to the US more easily. They are also part of a smear campaign to damage his character and his cause. The US government has wanted Assange badly and will do it all that it can to get him into US custody.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

english puppets

I fail to see what this:

has to do with the thread, please stay on topic.
edit on 30/5/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What doesn't make sense to me....why cannot they simply email him questions or call him over the phone if it were merely only a matter of him answering questions? Does it not seem like a phony ruse and trick being attempted to try and capture and detain him under "color of law"?

In addition, Assange offered to answer questions by Swedish police over video chat or telephone while he was in the UK. He was refused, lending strong evidence to the idea that the purpose of the extradition request was not actually to answer the Swedish charges against him but instead to have him in physical custody so he could be shipped to the United States.

edit on 30-5-2012 by bubbabuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If I was wrongly accused of rape or any other sex crime then I would WANT my day in court to prove my innocence.
My liberty would be worthless if it came at the cost of having to carry the stigma of being a sex offender.
Maybe he should grow a pair of balls and face his accusers head on.

And could someone please explain to me in plain, laymans terms why he is likely to be extradited to the USA from Sweden but there is no threat of that whilst he is in the UK, especially considering certain parties over here appear to bend themselves over backwards to appease the US.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

nothing personal
just their own safety more expensive than any Assange

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I hear what you are saying, but if you knew that there was absolutely no chance of being acquitted because you knew you were set up, and the politicians wanted you to burn because you dared to expose their dirty secrets, then you'd do everything you could to avoid going to court, because once you are there its pretty much over.

Regardless of how people always bang on about the west being "free" and "democratic", when it comes to cases like this, you will see the true colours of the law and the people who abuse it.

I would like to add I am no supporter of Assange, I dont know him as a person and have no idea of his guilt. But I do know how governments work, and they are likely doing the same thing they always do when someone actually becomes a real threat to them. How many other people have been discredited then jailed on trumped up charges because politicians wanted them out of the way, so they could not spill the beans? I bet the list is a lot longer than we realise.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
He still has an appeal left, so hopefully justice will prevail and he will be acquitted and allowed to return to Australia.

It'd be nice, certainly; but if you think it's going to happen, I've got a stone bridge just up the road here, that you might be interested in purchasing.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

But as for those going on about the alleged rape, from what I can gather the women consented to the sex, but because Assange never wore a French tickler they could claim rape, the whole thing is stupid.

The rape charge is complete rubbish. It's basically a case of Liebermann and his fellow psychopaths already having decided that Assange is going to die, and coming up with the rape charge purely as an afterthought, in order to get him extradited to America.

Once he is in America, he will be black bagged as soon as he steps off the plane.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

If he were a real hacker he would have been safely anonymous.

If he were a real journalist he would have published the information in a way that didn't get his sources up shizzle creek with no paddles.

Who knows what the real story behind this wikileaks stuff is, but I'm thinking he's a patsy.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Just as i thought, Julian Assange has lost his appeal regarding his extradition to Sweden. Sadly, if Sweden decides to hand Julian over to the USA then i fear we may never hear from him again.

I doubt sweden will do that, right away ... his only hope, is to stall his swedish thing as long as he can ... go to france, for example. And hope that the current government in sweden will not be reelected. This government, with Carl Bildt, as secretary of foreign affairs. Who is also, an oil baron wannabee GW. Bush's pal ... seen his Lundin Oil, remove several villages from the oil fields, by force ... with his "american based bodygoard". With him as foreign secretary, he's got no hope ... and basically, it's also the reason for the indigment.

And then, I don't think it matters if he's transferred to the US ... a court in the US will never find him guilty of treason. As has been stated, he's not even American ... and to accuse him of espionage, will be even harder. They're looking for whoever has given him the information ... Julian himself, is not the target.

Who knows what the real story behind this wikileaks stuff is, but I'm thinking he's a patsy.

Of course he is ... but my bet is, he's not merely a patsy ... he's a bait.

Question is, bait for whome ...

edit on 30/5/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Swedes sure will do it
they are more puppets than even the British

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
This is very bad news not only for him, but for any free person anywhere...

Actually, it is very good news for any woman who has been raped by someone who thinks he is too rich, famous or powerful to be held accountable for it....or flees to another country to try to escape justice...or floats an (alleged) political conspiracy against him, to try to short circuit him having to pay a price for his (alleged) actions.

Several governments involved with this have broken so many laws and ignored all kinds of civil rights against Assange.

Right. Quote one of these "so many laws" and "civil rights" that have been broken or ignored. He is wanted for questioning in a couple of sexual assault cases. He needs to man up, and answer the questions...like anybody else.

He has been held for 530+ plus days without any charge... This is more than an outrage, it is quite criminal..

Well...no. He has been living like a prince in a British estate, while he has attempted to avoid justice...and while he has dragged his extradition through a number of appeals. No charges have yet been laid in Sweden, because he has refused to return there voluntarily to answer questions.

I mean, he has even started his own TV show while being "held" by the British authorities.

All bets are off when people use their political influence and are at the same time so very corrupt like the US government agencies, and the British government, and Sweden and others.. They are all supporting whatever trumped up charges against him, but then not charging him with any crime.. Yet.. It is unbelievable.

Just curious...how is that you know for a fact that these rape and sexual assault charges are "trumped up"?

I suspect your hero worshiping is getting in the way of your lack of concrete facts...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

They called him a rapist
for having sex with a torn condom
they have nothing better to come up , not smart enough

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

You really cant see how the whole case is dodgy? Its a fact that
he did not rape the girl. His so called crime was having sex without
beibg protected. This does not sound odd to you.

If i was assange, i would fight tooth and nail to stay in the uk
because i firmly believe that if he goes to sweden, his next stop
would be america. Its all a complete joke if you ask me.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i think the guy should have gotten this out of the way 2 years ago when it first came up.

many people on the planet apparently believe they are too important to the future of humanity to actually answer to accusations made against them and stretch the issue out for as long as possible and then go to prison anyway.

Australia isn't going to strain its relationship with Sweden or the UK for a snitch that may also enjoy sexually abusing women.

that the guy pissed off the United States and may come here for a separate and distinct charges probably means you are correct OP...this guy's future is going to be quite sad.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

What does ATS think? Will this be the precursor to the end of Julian Assange?

I think phonies and media whores tend to get what they deserve.

The original idea for a place for genuine whistle blowers to get info out was admirable, but Assange seems to be about Assange. It came back and bit his backside as it should.

Let the courts work it out. They have better info than we do, I'm sure.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Not only do these charges ring out in a echo of the way Timothy Leary was run out of the US for doing studies that seemed to show a lack of recidivism in ex-cons that underwent '___' therapy, the fact that this maybe a little bit of diplomatic egg on the face for the US in the same way that turning criminals into productive members of society would also flout the convention of false deterministic ideas about behavior, Assange flouted conventional wisdom about how the US conducts itself in world affairs, in a way it reminds me of the kid in the movie Flamingo Kid getting roughed up for pointing out that the car salesman was a cheat and a liar to his so called friends, in some sense we did the same to our so called National friends and the cat was let out of the bag by Assange, whether you like it or not, we screwed over our international friends and got away with it for many years with a fake front, now everyone seems on to us, that game seems played, nobody should trust us if they have half a brain!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

Originally posted by alienreality
This is very bad news not only for him, but for any free person anywhere...

Actually, it is very good news for any woman who has been raped by someone who thinks he is too rich, famous or powerful to be held accountable for it....or flees to another country to try to escape justice...or floats an (alleged) political conspiracy against him, to try to short circuit him having to pay a price for his (alleged) actions.

Originally posted by mobiusmale
I suspect your hero worshiping is getting in the way of your lack of concrete facts...

Not sure if you even bothered to read the previous comments OR do some research before writing your reply but in case you didn't, The sex WAS consensual!! ie NOT rape...

You may want to research YOUR facts before coming up with replies such as this.....

Here is some reading material to get you started....
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.news.com.au...
Now find some more on your own and then write an informed reply based on knowledge of the case not misinformation..... How's that for Deny Ignorance!!!!
edit on 30-5-2012 by Wewillrise77 because: Quotes

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join