It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange fails in bid to block extradition to Sweden

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Julian Assange fails in bid to block extradition to Sweden

www.heraldsun. com.au

WIKILEAKS founder Julian Assange has lost his final attempt to block his extradition to Sweden through the British Courts.

The 40-year-old Australian was not present as the Supreme Court President read the court’s decision.

Assange, who is wanted for questioning over rape and sexual assault allegations in Sweden, was ordered to hand himself over to Swedish authorities within ten days.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.ninemsn.com.au

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Just as i thought, Julian Assange has lost his appeal regarding his extradition to Sweden. Sadly, if Sweden decides to hand Julian over to the USA then i fear we may never hear from him again.

What strikes me the most is how the Australian Government isn't assisting him in this situation (considering it is Australian law for the government to aid an Australian in overseas disputes).

What does ATS think? Will this be the precursor to the end of Julian Assange?

www.heraldsun. com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
So now he will finally release all the evidence that aliens are controlling our government!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I think Julian Assange otta burn in hell

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I read some of what Assange wrote on the net before he became famous and I have no doubt that the man could be a rapist. I also highly doubt his claim to being a legitimate hacker prior to his popularity.

+2 more 
posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This is very bad news not only for him, but for any free person anywhere...

Several governments involved with this have broken so many laws and ignored all kinds of civil rights against Assange.

Would governments do that to you? You just know they will..

He has been held for 530+ plus days without any charge... This is more than an outrage, it is quite criminal..

All bets are off when people use their political influence and are at the same time so very corrupt like the US government agencies, and the British government, and Sweden and others.. They are all supporting whatever trumped up charges against him, but then not charging him with any crime.. Yet.. It is unbelievable.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I was about to make a thread about this myself.

Sadly, I am not surprised. Julian Assange is a dead man walking. They are not going to stop until they kill him.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I was about to make a thread about this myself.

Sadly, I am not surprised. Julian Assange is a dead man walking. They are not going to stop until they kill him.

Government officials even said they should assassinate him on the news...i think it was CNN (can't remember). But it is evident that the governments want him gone.,,

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
He should just save himself years of hell and kill himself right now, cos theres no way he will ever be freed, and the corrupt animals will get their kicks from torturing him. I still dont buy these sexual assault allegations, they are most likely trumped up in order to make him pay for him daring to take on the establishment.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Not surprising at all, it was only expected for this outcome with the corrupt system itching to destroy this hero who exposed the tip of the iceberg of their corruption, FREE ASSANGE!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron
Not surprising at all, it was only expected for this outcome with the corrupt system itching to destroy this hero who exposed the tip of the iceberg of their corruption, FREE ASSANGE!!!!!!!!

Free Assange? Like hell.

From the article.

Assange also faced widespread criticism that he had put lives at risk by blowing the cover of sources who spoke to diplomats and intelligence agents in countries where it was dangerous to do so.

One of the main rules of journalism is you do not give up your sources. All this ahole wanted to do was increase his personal fame and it didn't matter who went to prison as long as it wasn't him.

Don't drop the soap Julie.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
What strikes me the most is how the Australian Government isn't assisting him in this situation

The Australian Government has already pronounced him GUILTY.

Without any charges having been laid, even. After which the attorney general's department was then asked to look through the lawbooks to see if they could find something to pin on him.

The Australian Government's stance is:
"We know you're guilty, we just havnt figured out what to charge you with, yet."

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

The whole stunt was done to give him some credibility with the public. I also have no doubt that he was instructed to rape some woman and he is guilty.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Free Assange? Like hell. From the article. Assange also faced widespread criticism that he had put lives at risk by blowing the cover of sources who spoke to diplomats and intelligence agents in countries where it was dangerous to do so. One of the main rules of journalism is you do not give up your sources. All this ahole wanted to do was increase his personal fame and it didn't matter who went to prison as long as it wasn't him.
....... whose life has he put at risk? By the looks of it he is at serious risk now because he put himself out there ,and now we learn another lesson"dont speak out or you will be in deep doo doo". Do you have sources of covers that have been "blown" because of this man?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Didn't i say that Western Governments in the current Europe are all American controlled puppets? what makes Sweden any different? i agree with everyone else if Sweden sends Julian Assange to America we may never hear from again.

You can bet they will sent to a secret base where they might some horrible experiments on him either that or prison for life.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by scratcher
reply to post by buster2010

Free Assange? Like hell. From the article. Assange also faced widespread criticism that he had put lives at risk by blowing the cover of sources who spoke to diplomats and intelligence agents in countries where it was dangerous to do so. One of the main rules of journalism is you do not give up your sources. All this ahole wanted to do was increase his personal fame and it didn't matter who went to prison as long as it wasn't him.
....... whose life has he put at risk? By the looks of it he is at serious risk now because he put himself out there ,and now we learn another lesson"dont speak out or you will be in deep doo doo". Do you have sources of covers that have been "blown" because of this man?

WikiLeaks springs leak: Sources revealed

Ho chose to put himself out there his sources did not. When he leaked the password for his encrypted files he betrayed every person that leaked info to him.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Assange didn't betray anyone since they were not HIS sources, they were those who he exposed' sources.

Originally posted by buster2010

sources who spoke to diplomats and intelligence agents

edit on 30/09/10 by Maccaron.Shakaron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Update:

Lawyers for the Queenslander have argued that his extradition to Sweden would lead to him being taken to the US, where authorities are investigating the operations of his website which has published hundreds of thousands of confidential government documents.

In handing down the judgment, President of the Supreme Court, Justice Lord Phillips, said the judicial panel of seven had been split 5-2 in its decision.

Assange has previously indicated that if unsuccessful in his latest appeal against extradition, he would take his case to the European Court of Human Rights.

Assange has had to announce that WikiLeaks will temporarily abandon publication in favour of raising money in order to stay afloat.

www.theaustralian.com.au...[e ditby]edit on 30-5-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If Julian Assange disappears then someone will simply and quickly take his place. Which is exactly how it should be. Also, the Australian government should be assisting him.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Only older UK members will get this pic,but here goes..

Looks like he will lose his new job on RT as well..

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join