It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Music video by Kanye West and Jay-Z

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
These are paid entertainers and I'm sure the producer and record label are hoping to rake in the money as well as the performers. Music videos are entertainment. Entertainers need to earn respect like the rest of us. Just because they get big bucks for entertaining doesn't make them any better than anybody else. If people find a positive message in music videos all the power to you too bad that doesn't create jobs and solve some issues we have with all the money the government is spending and costing our children later on down the road. Who cares the music videos are so powerful they can make you forget all about the doom and gloom....Thump it Loud!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Yeah Jay-Z makes a company named after Rockafeller, that guy sure as # didnt have ANYTHING to do with rap or music, but that fake # (jay-z and kayne) is owned by the same linage, so to appeal to his 'masters' he'll do anything. I'll quote some real #ing rap for you not your candy ass bling rapper fakes

Immortal #ing technique
'# that, nigga hip-hop is not Republican That's just the white mother#ers that own the publishing'

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I made a thread on the symbolism in the video, I didn't see this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

So a lot of you claim that Jay-z and Kanye is in the Illuminati. What do you guys think of their newest video? Does it have a deeper meaning or just purely cinematic?

They lyrics MAY BE symbolic, don't just go by first impression.

Starts off with protesters standing in front of a line of riot gear police throwing a maltoff cocktail

The police starts beating people up

Illuminati symbolism?

Then the people start winning and overthrow the police

And then ends with an elephant rising up, symbolism?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Perhaps I should put my sarcasm expressions in parenthesis then? My attempts at comedy are usual laced with obnoxious banter....you have to be aware of that, if anything its done to prove my point.

True, he was a thug, yet his ideals carried him forth later in life that produced a artist with an exceptional understanding of why things were the way they were. You cannot purely label one for their past as actions in all forms define us.....and change that perception of us over time.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Jay z and Kanye westÉ LOL
Hardly artists not unlike most of the `celebrities`` these days who are the link to the youth for political reasons. When you see the rap industry for what it is, it should make you sick

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

What makes someone an artist?

Kanye West produces his own music

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Originally posted by daaskapital
Jay Z and kanye West shouldn't even be considered artists. They are anything but!!!

If they wanted to reflect today's society, they should have exposed the current, spastic noise that they themselves, and other "musicians" nowadays create...

READ

"Look man, you can listen to Jimi but you can't hear him"

A few of Jay's Bars...

Is Pious pious cause God loves pious?
Socrates asks, “Whose bias do y’all seek?”
All for Plato, screech

The Guy is quoting the Euthyphro dilemma in a pop song, lol

"Is the pious loved by the gods because it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?"

Lyrically Jay Z can't be touched by many, he literally raps over the head of 75% of the people that listen to his songs. They hear a beat, see a black dude blinged out and assume he's an Idiot.... TRUST me , the kid is no dummy! He's actually a pretty shrewd businessman that's worth close to 1/2 a BILLION dollars.

The full verse

Tears on the mauseoleum floor
Blood stains the coliseum doors
Lies on the lips of a priest
Thanksgiving disguised as a feast
Rollin’ in the Rolls-Royce Corniche
Only the doctors got this, I’m hidin’ from police
Cocaine seats
All white like I got the whole thing bleached
Drug dealer chic
I’m wonderin’ if a thug’s prayers reach
Is Pious pious cause God loves pious?
Socrates asks, “Whose bias do y’all seek?”
All for Plato, screech
I’m out here ballin’, I know ya’ll hear my sneaks
Jesus was a carpenter, Yeezy, laid beats
Hova flow the Holy Ghost, get the hell up out your seats
Preach

edit on 30-5-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

I honestly think they didn't listen to the song or watch the video

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

What makes someone an artist?

Kanye West produces his own music

These days splashing paint on paper or putting a crucifix in a jar full of piss makes you an artist. These 2 morons fit in well.
So what they are rich. That doesn`t make one a hero

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by P-M-H
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Yeah Jay-Z makes a company named after Rockafeller, that guy sure as # didnt have ANYTHING to do with rap or music, but that fake # (jay-z and kayne) is owned by the same linage, so to appeal to his 'masters' he'll do anything. I'll quote some real #ing rap for you not your candy ass bling rapper fakes

Immortal #ing technique
'# that, nigga hip-hop is not Republican That's just the white mother#ers that own the publishing'

I listened to immortal until he started spouting racist crap. Another slave of the highest order

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Really? like what 'racist crap' exactly? All I've heard is a mad guy pissed at the way things are So he brings attention to it the way he knows. Dont get mad at him cause he will actually rap about how things are. Exactly how is he a slave to the highest order if he not signed on any major (owned) label, cause those labels only sign people they can own like jay-z kanye, etc, not technique

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by P-M-H

Really? like what 'racist crap' exactly? All I've heard is a mad guy pissed at the way things are So he brings attention to it the way he knows. Dont get mad at him cause he will actually rap about how things are. Exactly how is he a slave to the highest order if he not signed on any major (owned) label, cause those labels only sign people they can own like jay-z kanye, etc, not technique

About how the "white man" makes every non white make mistakes. He talks about the globalists but he sells out by blaming it on 1 sect of society when it's a full blown globalist agenda. Immortal went on RT to spew his # too. Thats heat.
I noticed there is a common thread here: truth is mixed with lies to influence weak minded people like you. Tupac realized that he was sold onto the farm and tried to claw his way out.
Whether he was killed by gangs or w/e, he still is important to learn from

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
so...i see this video for the first time yesterday. i saw the first video that accompanied this song months ago.

this is the first time i've had a chance to discuss it.

i wan't to look at it while keeping a mind on events that occured only 11 days ago in Chicago, during the Nato summit in the city.

i see it as a comment upon the inevitable event where cosmic forces collide, order and chaos, and a condemnation of the forces of chaos without regard to whether they are wearing a Badge of Face Mask.

when CPD and the professional protesters stood off at Michigan Avenue and Cermak Road, the world witnessed the triumph of order.

some are still hoping and praying and working hard everyday, for the scene depicted in this video to come alive in our world.

they will be disappointed.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Your comparisons make no sense.

Kayne produces all his own music

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
oh yah really poweful..
Best thing since Beethoven
and tupac word up man

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

relevance to the topic?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
"Beef don't come with a radio edit" Mos

All the pictures you see, the symbolic images, iconography, are simply editing to make it look good and legit. Its the work of the director, photographers and a whole bunch of people to make it look powerful, to make people talk about it. Its soo easy to use Illuminati symbols and the reason is because its free. You can depict any Illuminati symbols, even if your not a Mason, without fearing any lawsuits. To be honest, I dont think Jay has much influence now, as a Mason, Pro team minority owner, Clothing industry, Music industry, Hes a rich guy for sure but he's definitively not what he depict in his song.
We are soo far from rhythm and poetry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join