It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Music video by Kanye West and Jay-Z

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This topic is not for bitching and whining about rap music I don't wanna hear that type of childish non-sense
This music video is a great reflection on society, the people vs the power, police abusing their power and so on. It's a great song if you listen to the words and put them with the imagery of the video

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Sorry, Kanye and Jay Z are in it for the money so i cannot take anything they sing about as a message of anything real significant.

Nothing real powerful about those 2 individuals. They are rich not wealthy there is a difference.
They contribute to the decline of the minds of the world with their music, part of the problem, not part of the solution.

2 Pac.....now he was keeping it real, thats why they killed him. Thug life playa....thug life

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
Sorry, Kanye and Jay Z are in it for the money so i cannot take anything they sing about as a message of anything real significant.

Nothing real powerful about those 2 individuals. They are rich not wealthy there is a difference.
They contribute to the decline of the minds of the world with their music, part of the problem, not part of the solution.

2 Pac.....now he was keeping it real, thats why they killed him. Thug life playa....thug life

Care to prove these claims of yours?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Jay Z and kanye West shouldn't even be considered artists. They are anything but!!!

If they wanted to reflect today's society, they should have exposed the current, spastic noise that they themselves, and other "musicians" nowadays create...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
YO YO YO WAIT A MINUTE AND I'LL GIVE YOU BACK YO THREAD.
But I wanna say these two clowns is juss lookin fo tha fame cash and hoes.
Tupac kept it real.
These 2 clowns are a joke.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
it's amazing even when people depict police brutality, overpowering governent and pissed off citizens thru music video, people here still find ways to complain, nothing they could do would even slightly please any of you

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
LOL everyone is on point and for the poster that asked for proof, well the above posters and myself and many more with the same opinion are the sources...

I was about to say now this what Hip-Hop is all about then I realized its the two "powerful" mainstream artist who rapped and made their real money when Hip-Hop fell off and use the same lame ass gimmicks and followed the same BS trend that got Hip-Hop ruined with in the first place. Lets see if they would have the same fame if they didnt follow the "Status Quo" and would have gone underground or just quitting period because they wouldnt fit in with the "Status Quo" just as many many manyyyy more good rappers that were out and just seem to disappear. The Industry/Record Company ruined so many careers but then again this is why we have a lot of good Underground Artist and those Independent Artists with their own Label that is in it for the Art and to help out and not only for the Money.

One Perfect Example is Immortal Technique giving back to his communities and helping out Oversea's who by the way raps about the truth and expose the BS... (not saying he the only one who got money and went solo without the Industry Status Quo and being a Record Company Slave)

Jay-Z and Kanye West were way more respected when they first came out and was in it for the Art and have their souls to be heard.

But overall, its good to see a video like this being played .. It does send out a good message even though its from these two artist.

P.S. I'm a big 2Pac fan! This is the man that really opened my mind and got me thinking out of the box... 2Pac just wasnt no damn Rapper, He was an Revolutionary and Activists on and off record. Like he said and I quote...

" I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world. "

and this is why he got Killed and was covered up with Biggie's Murder to make it seem Rap was the REAL ISSUE when it wasnt no real true West/East Coast Beef, Just a Media hype BS and people feeding into it. Social Engineering at its finest in my opinion. When Those 2 were killed, thats when Hip-Hop/Rap changed for me (among others that died Big L, Big Pun,etcetc) but thats another Subject/Thread.

Sorry for the long post, Just had too much to let out

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Prove what? 2 pac is dead? You dont see him walkin around do you? Or do you believe in Elvis sightings?

All Im saying is, they create whatever they have to that trends with public sentiment for money..which basically makes them prostitutes. Dont feel bad, most musicians are this way and very few stay true to what drives their music.

They are not important enough for me to pay attention to, so any message that homie wants to relay to me is probably going to be dismissed as propogated BS to serve their own interest....which is....money.

And if I was to take my que from someone of their limited existence, I sure wouldn't pull it from a music video. it would have more meaning if they just said it outright in a public forum that they were not getting paid to do.

Public Enemy comes to mind, so does Rage Against the Machine as a example of the kind of musician i would listen to because they are actual artists that did not feel they had to change their motives just to satisfy selling records. They are also activists and do things to further their agenda for free.

Jay Z? Kanye (flip out at awards show cause he didnt win) West is not a rolemodel, they are paid poop stains that spew their garbage so all the lil hip hop culture victems can grow up thinking they know how to sing.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
LOL everyone is on point and for the poster that asked for proof, well the above posters and myself and many more with the same opinion are the sources...

I was about to say now this what Hip-Hop is all about then I realized its the two "powerful" mainstream artist who rapped and made their real money when Hip-Hop fell off and use the same lame ass gimmicks and followed the same BS trend that got Hip-Hop ruined with in the first place. Lets see if they would have the same fame if they didnt follow the "Status Quo" and would have gone underground or just quitting period because they wouldnt fit in with the "Status Quo" just as many many manyyyy more good rappers that were out and just seem to disappear. The Industry/Record Company ruined so many careers but then again this is why we have a lot of good Underground Artist and those Independent Artists with their own Label that is in it for the Art and to help out and not only for the Money.

One Perfect Example is Immortal Technique giving back to his communities and helping out Oversea's who by the way raps about the truth and expose the BS... (not saying he the only one who got money and went solo without the Industry Status Quo and being a Record Company Slave)

Jay-Z and Kanye West were way more respected when they first came out and was in it for the Art and have their souls to be heard.

But overall, its good to see a video like this being played .. It does send out a good message even though its from these two artist.

P.S. I'm a big 2Pac fan! This is the man that really opened my mind and got me thinking out of the box... 2Pac just wasnt no damn Rapper, He was an Revolutionary and Activists on and off record. Like he said and I quote...

" I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world. "

and this is why he got Killed and was covered up with Biggie's Murder to make it seem Rap was the REAL ISSUE when it wasnt no real true West/East Coast Beef, Just a Media hype BS and people feeding into it. Social Engineering at its finest in my opinion. When Those 2 were killed, thats when Hip-Hop/Rap changed for me (among others that died Big L, Big Pun,etcetc) but thats another Subject/Thread.

Sorry for the long post, Just had too much to let out

/\ THIS /\ X 100

This is more eloquently put and relays exactly what Im attempting to convey.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Thanks and I agree with your post ..

At least back then when people were saying Rap is bad and caused violence and many more downgrading things was BS to dirty up its image when in fact rappers were rapping about their life experiences in their communities and rapped in the 3rd person view as someone in their communities that were actually killing,robbing,etc ( I do believe there were rappers that rapped about what they really did and there still are and sending a Clear positive message in their music ( Cormega, Tragedy Khadafi, etc

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Jay Z and kanye West shouldn't even be considered artists. They are anything but!!!

If they wanted to reflect today's society, they should have exposed the current, spastic noise that they themselves, and other "musicians" nowadays create...

READ

"Look man, you can listen to Jimi but you can't hear him"

A few of Jay's Bars...

Is Pious pious cause God loves pious?
Socrates asks, “Whose bias do y’all seek?”
All for Plato, screech

The Guy is quoting the Euthyphro dilemma in a pop song, lol

"Is the pious loved by the gods because it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?"

Lyrically Jay Z can't be touched by many, he literally raps over the head of 75% of the people that listen to his songs. They hear a beat, see a black dude blinged out and assume he's an Idiot.... TRUST me , the kid is no dummy! He's actually a pretty shrewd businessman that's worth close to 1/2 a BILLION dollars.

The full verse

Tears on the mauseoleum floor
Blood stains the coliseum doors
Lies on the lips of a priest
Thanksgiving disguised as a feast
Rollin’ in the Rolls-Royce Corniche
Only the doctors got this, I’m hidin’ from police
Cocaine seats
All white like I got the whole thing bleached
Drug dealer chic
I’m wonderin’ if a thug’s prayers reach
All for Plato, screech
I’m out here ballin’, I know ya’ll hear my sneaks
Jesus was a carpenter, Yeezy, laid beats
Hova flow the Holy Ghost, get the hell up out your seats
Preach

edit on 30-5-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
dug it, starred it... It has a great chorus too.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

READ

A few of Jay's Bars...

All for Plato, screech

"Is the pious loved by the gods because it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?"

Lyrically Jay Z can't be touched by many, he literally raps over the head of 75% of the people that listen to his songs. They hear a beat, see a black dude blinged out and assume he's an Idiot.... TRUST me , the kid is no dummy! He's actually a pretty shrewd businessman that's worth close to 1/2 a BILLION dollars.

The full verse

Cocaine seats
Drug dealer chic
All for Plato, screech
Preach

Firstly, i wouldn't call what he does "rap"...

Yes, upon analysing certain songs if his, the lyrics are alright (not entirely good, yet not entirely bad). This being said though, about 90% of today's music contains no deep lyrical meanings. When you have artists such as Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa, and all these so called "rappers," it is no surprise why the music industry is in the state it's in. What happened to the old days? lyrics 20 years ago had deeper meanings compared to today's lyrics.

Music has been destroyed.
edit on 30-5-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

Care to prove these claims of yours?

Warren Buffett - Net Worth 44Billion

You must be mad if you think Jay z has any sort of possitive impact on society. I loved a few of his albums and still listen to them today.

The video is rioting, what for? why they rioting? The song is about materialistic crap.

"Human being to the mob
What’s a mob to a king?
What’s a king to a god?
What’s a god to a non-believer?
Who don’t believe in anything?

We make it out alive
All right, all right
No church in the wild"

What...? To me they based the start of this song and taken Jay z first few sentences out fo context and prudeced this riot video for hype. The context of the song does not reflect when watching that video, please listen to the lyrics. .

Kanye's part:

"Coke on her black skin made a stripe like a zebra
I call that jungle fever
You will not control the threesome
Just roll the weed up until I get me some
We formed a new religion
No sins as long as there’s permission’"

What...? Aint nothign to this video other than Jay z & Kanye thinking their gods.

To the trash bin this goes.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

ATS high-5!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

READ

A few of Jay's Bars...

All for Plato, screech

The full verse

Cocaine seats
Drug dealer chic
All for Plato, screech
Preach

Nobody can deny that Jay Z is a lyrical genius. This man is easy in the top 5 Lyricists of all time. Pac, Biggie,Jay Z, Akala, Nas.

The thing is, Jay rapped about his life when he was younger and what he goes through but now he raps about materialism and things that 99% of us will never have. Hes lost his touch, Jay should be rapping about the things hes seen through his life in rap but he doesnt, he raps about what he has, how he spends his money, how many houses he has and what island he'll be spending the weekend on next - basically rubs his wealth in our noses and sheep lap it up. Jay could easy change allot of peoples thought process by bringing out a tune about TPTB behind the music but he doesnt, he sits nicely on 700million whilst rapping about crap.

# if jay went back to albums like the Blue Print then i'd be his number one fan again,. but he doesnt - he raps about crap and keeps the division between race, nationality, wealth and every other division nicely going knowing that the sheep mwill buy it and tptb will give him wtf he wants

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'm not one for meaningless debauchery but I have much less respect for the man who hides it behind closed doors and paints himself a face of innocence and purity while suppressing and demolishing the lives of many and dictating to them.

people are going to do what they are going to do, but the issue is CONSENT.

Consent about who you screw and who is SCREWING YOU.

Yes, these people are rich but this Illuminati stuff appears to be a joke that some don't get.

The ironic part is that they made it and they control a lot and they want to rub it in people's faces and they did it by making art and they did it by expressing life as they see it, not dictating it out of a hypocritical textbook full of lies.

it's not like my album collection is full of jay-z and his artists... but to compare them to those who authorizing mass killing is a bit absurd.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yeah, 'keepin it real', like accidentally killing a five year old because he pulled a gun out during a fight.

There is SO much bull# about 2Pac. The dude was a #ing asshat.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

So, you liked when Jay z rapped about his life as a drug dealer, but dont like him rapping about his life as a successful rich guy?

So, basically, you want him to continue to rap about the SAME things he rapped about ten years ago?

Hov' on that new #, niggaz like, "How come?"
Niggas want my old #, buy my old album
Niggas stuck on stupid, I gotta keep it movin
Niggaz make the same #, me I make Blueprints.

I'm not a big fan of his new # with Kanye, but come on, man... keep it moving.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
these 2 are in a process of washing minds 1 just hopes the populace they are influencing is safe in their care and not being taken advantage of consciously, if thats the case. The song is official. a quote from it I always consider when I hear it -Whats a GOD to a non believer-, hmmmmm STILL GOD ovee. This is what I mean what happens when non believers meet those known as GODS
is it the fault of the mind washers or those who follow them for not acknowledging them. J and Ye are some of my fav rap artist as they are good @ word playing their musics on some groovy beats I just hope they are not falling victim to being RICH and missing the traps laid out for the rich why @ the same time teaching messages that may be incorrect and misleading to others.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join