It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO VIDEO: Silver City, New Mexico - 23/5/12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
A UFO video - posted today - filmed 23/5/12, 11:38 am

At 0:23, the UFO appears with a 'hole in center', starts fading (but not getting smaller), then at 0:34, you cannot see it.
The reason why he was filming the sky before it appeared was because he saw it appear just before, and ran back inside to get the camera and film it.

Read the video description for more details!

My speculations:

Maybe it could be some kind of balloon, parachute or something floating about, but the way it just appears and reappears, does seem very unusual. And also the hole in the middle.
I do not believe it's a CGI.

The youtube channel appears genuine as there are no other ufo videos uploaded.
edit on 30-5-2012 by cybersk8er because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cybersk8er

At the end of the video we see a con-trail from an aircraft, meaning this area is under a flight line.

I would say it's the sun glinting off of the side of a jet as it moves from right to left. As the reflective angle of sun to camera changes then it fades out quickly.

Said plane could even be turning/banking giving the fade out effect.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Err.. I'm not quite understanding you. I'm not talking about the end of the video of the plane. I'm talking about 0:24 to 0:34, there is a white circular object with a hole in middle, which appears and disappears.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Video is quite terrible.

I believe I saw what he was filming for all but a few seconds, unfortunately as soon as it appears, the camera zooms way in, making it hard to tell what kind of behavior is being seen. Could have been a UFO, could have been a plane glinting in the sun for a moment, we'll never know with this poor of video.

The rest of the video is just grainy sky, with a plane/contrail at the end.

Oh well.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I'll help clear up what he's saying.

He is saying, because we can see a jet towards the end of the video, in the same patch of sky, this indicates this area of sky to be a traffic way for planes. Thus, your video could be nothing more than a plane turning into the sunlight, making a glint of light seem as if it were growing in magnitude, as it keeps banking, the glint fades out. Seen it a million times (I live under jetliner traffic ways).

As for the hole in the middle, this shape you see is the result of out of focus zoom.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Lighterside because: typoj c orrection

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

I will take your reasonable explanation. You could be wrong though. But why is this object circular, I didn't recognize any indication of a plane shape.

Edit: It doesn't really look like light being reflected off the sun... The object appears a cloudy color not a reflection..

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside

I'll help clear up what he's saying.

He is saying, because we can see a jet towards the end of the video, in the same patch of sky, this indicates this area of sky to be a traffic way for planes. Thus, your video could be nothing more than a plane turning into the sunlight, making a glint of light seem as if it were growing in magnitude, as it keeps banking, the glint fades out. Seen it a million times (I live under jetliner traffic ways).

As for the hole in the middle, this shape you see is the result of out of focus zoom.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Lighterside because: typoj c orrection

Got it in one

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Its circular because the auto focus on the camera is struggling to resolve the point of light. The camera is focussing on the sky, past the object. This gives you the effect of the 'hole' in the middle.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

I see I will take that reasonable explanation. Thanks for your expertise. I will research into camera focusing now.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I could be wrong, you're very right. But usually, the simplest answer is the correct one.

As for the shape, just like the hole, it's all about the focus. Clearly the camera used is not capable of zooming in and focusing on the object seen. Usually when light comes across on film out of focus, it is circular in shape - same reason there are thousands of video's of "glowing orbs".

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

No problem, but I may be wrong and it could be a UFO, its just a theory

IMO auto focus is a thorn in the side of all of us! Remember, if your camera is capable of manual focus, turn off auto focus when filming distant light sources.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
lol, did anybody watch the alien car jacking video after that video was done?

Like the alien is being so stealthy under that car like that he just pops out to check out rear traffic.

I love this part "Is this an alien?"

No, man... no... That is clearly road dust. Where do you see an alien? No way, that's just a blur or something.

I'm sorry to sound off topic but i HAD TO. technically, it WAS in the OP... eventually.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'm sorry... I'm still laughing. i have to go on.

my second favorite part "NOW WATCH CLOSELY...."

Third favorite part "Now up close in slow motion"

WHAT FOR... he's practically already on my keyboard waving HELLO in my face.

Funny stuff!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
ok... I'm not done.

can somebody contact that youtuber and ask him if i can have that doll.

I'm pretty bored in here.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Looks like Venus to me.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Wow that is probably the worst youtube video ive ever seen .thanks for wasting three minutes of my life

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Would you guys consider me as UFO Video Searcher?

You made a list of the things that you would and would not due when posting Utube Vids. Not wanting to be rude, but this is a horrible Vid, and I think it violates almost every rule you put on yourself in your previous thread.

If I try to become more active (2-3 hours everyday) would you guys want to vote me as the UFO Youtube guy. I will search all of the videos everyday using search filters and will only post to these forums that I think are genuine. I have very skeptical mind, so trust.

YOUR THREAD
edit on 5/30/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

The one second shot of the object we are looking at is Venus. IMO
edit on 5/30/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

How is it Venus? You can't even see Venus with your naked eye in the broad daylight (unless in rare circumstances, happening once in a blue moon), let alone at night.. And Does Venus really appear for 2 seconds then disappear?? I'm really disappointed in your logic.

And this only pretty much broke rule 3, this video made it an exception because there was no cloud bank going in front of it and it was not night time (when you can normally see bright stars and planets, not daytime).
I can't see how I broke almost all the rules that I put down.

Nice try kid.

top topics

join